Page 44 of 76 FirstFirst ... 34394041424344454647484954 ... LastLast
Like Tree392Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gsfx View Post
    Hello,

How can I make that app the standard application for maps?

Thank you and best regards!

Frederik

...from Hessen, Germany...
    Hi there,
    what you can do is go to "Gerätemanager", menu swipe down and then select "Standardanwendungen". I put Google Maps in "Adressen". I hope that is what you wanted to do. It at least partially replaced Bing. Some applications seem to ignore that, but it might be hardcoded in-app. YMMV
    gsfx likes this.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    And it works. Thank you very much!

For all German people here: In WebOS 1.4.5 its named "Startbildschirm" - the thing which appears, when you push the arrow button in the lower right corner. Then push onto the button "Startbildschirm" in the upper left corner and choose "Standardanwendungen" as fabianlanco wrote.

Thanks once more!

Best regards

Frederik
    Preware v.0.2.1 on Pre2 2.2.4:
    Umlauts are fixed now

• I'm still getting those "undefined" searches. Mostly after working with markers/pins and using backswipe and dragging the map. Does nobody else got that issue?

• A new issue is that sometimes parts (- = +) *or all of the OnSceenMenues dissapear. I have to admit i'm in a low bandwitharea, so will try at home if this happen there.

4.    #864  
    Quote Originally Posted by fabianlanco View Post
    Just go to preferences and then swipe back. The UI blows up and then immediately rescales to the correct value. Another thing i noticed is that the layer dropdown menu has a very big font. Is that suppose to be so?
    Thank you for all the hardwork you put into this application
    Hi,

this is a feature on the Pre3, scaling the UI on the fly... sometimes the rescale tooks second, where you can see the transitions...

the layer dropdown menu (and main menu) has right scale 1,5, ergonomic, app menu is 1:1, small...non-scaled.
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
  5.    #865  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    ISo I scanned the original Czech version, searching for elements that were missing, and the result is attached.
    Great job! Spanish translation updated in my dev version. Thank you
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
  6.    #866  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    @72ka, did you get my french translations?
    Hi,

just added your briliant work, thank for the new strings, I knew about them, but had not time... I´m very very busy these weeks. Thank you!
  7.    #867  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    Preware v.0.2.1 on Pre2 2.2.4:
    Umlauts are fixed now

• I'm still getting those "undefined" searches. Mostly after working with markers/pins and using backswipe and dragging the map. Does nobody else got that issue?

Click to view quoted image

• A new issue is that sometimes parts (- = +) *or all of the OnSceenMenues dissapear. I have to admit i'm in a low bandwitharea, so will try at home if this happen there.

Click to view quoted image
    Ouch... interresting, your are advanced user!
    I have to look into... the first, sometimes I have undefined too, hadn´t time to look deeply on this issue... the search dialog is mixture of google autocompleter and my specific code and it is not perfect, I know.

Second, the top bar is toggling... and you found the way, when the toggle is inverted, it means, hidden when search is active and vice versa... I know about it, sometimed happedn to me too, I have to rewrite the behavior to not toggling, but exactly when to show and when to hide.

Great report, nice screens

But I can´t promise the fix soon... I have not time to do it now. I´ll se next week (hope).
    no prob, just wanted to report, before i forget when back from holidays.
    I just revisited this app with my pre 3. The lockups have been fixed. Still some rendering problems when doing a search, but that's no show stopper. Love the navit integration!

Good work. Donation is on the way!

-- Greg
    : (){:|:&};:
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Hey,
    I just updated the German translation.
    Not sure if I used Github correctly, so if you see a commit and a pull request, that was me. The commit failed, cause of no permission. Guess the pull request now worked.
    The E-Mail for the commit is fake, since it goes public. But I guess you know how to reach me here. :-)

Greetings
    Chris
  11.    #871  
    Quote Originally Posted by chris42 View Post
    Hey,
    I just updated the German translation.
    Not sure if I used Github correctly, so if you see a commit and a pull request, that was me. The commit failed, cause of no permission. Guess the pull request now worked.
    The E-Mail for the commit is fake, since it goes public. But I guess you know how to reach me here. :-)

Greetings
    Chris
    Hi Chris, just merged. Thank you... I was only confused, why the diffs was for whole file, not only the changed rows.... but don´t care, it is merged and I tested it, no prob. I can set you the right, but I have to learn how... Github is new for me, my latest OSS work was with SVN...
  12.    #872  
    Hi, I made a working compass, at this time, just for developing I added the needle to the top-left corner, the needle is rotating smoothly. But my development image for needle is not so nice... I was looking for some nice image for needle, or background for compass, but wasn´t satisfied. I need you help, to find some nice images for needle, and backroung of compass. And some hint, where to put the compass and if you have some other ideas, where could be a compass usable?
    jcmarcos likes this.
    Perhaps Jason Robitail of Canuck Coding who made the app 'Quick Compass' can help you as he perhaps searched/found some more icons for his app.

here is are two usecases for compass mode:
    1. Special Report: Living with iPhone 3GS (AKA Episode #88) | Dr. Mac's Rants and Raves | The Mac Observer - Special Report: Living with iPhone 3GS (AKA Episode #88) | Dr. Mac's Rants and Raves | The Mac Observer

2. Streetview:
    Last edited by gizmo21; 08/28/2012 at 12:42 PM.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Hi Chris, just merged. Thank you... I was only confused, why the diffs was for whole file, not only the changed rows.... but don´t care, it is merged and I tested it, no prob. I can set you the right, but I have to learn how... Github is new for me, my latest OSS work was with SVN...
    Yeah I was confused by that as well. First it just showed the diff, then after the commit, it showed the whole file changed.
    I think I can work with the pull requests so far. Haven't used github before either, so it is all strange and new to me as well.
    Hi, I made a working compass, at this time, just for developing I added the needle to the top-left corner, the needle is rotating smoothly. But my development image for needle is not so nice... I was looking for some nice image for needle, or background for compass, but wasn´t satisfied. I need you help, to find some nice images for needle, and backroung of compass. And some hint, where to put the compass and if you have some other ideas, where could be a compass usable?
    Maybe this is trying too hard? Compass HD already works just fine on the TP, and Quick Compass works OK on the Pre3. Do you really want to clutter up GM with this?

But since you asked, if Map Heading ever worked well enough, then an optional translucent layer with the compass would keep you oriented to north. I suspect that the problem will be with keeping any device flat (needed for the internal compass to work) while still using the device for routing. OK, now that I think about it, this is a real stretch, so I'm sticking with, "Maybe this is trying too hard?"

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Pre³ (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Pre³ Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
  16.    #876  
    Okay, for the beginning I found the clean style of compass rose and needle, made some finishing and color corrections in GIMP. Then, I added this behavior: the map shows the small compass rose for all devices, the app detect the compass capable device and then show a needle. If you tap to the small compass, it animates to the twice a scale, if you tap again, it animates to the small size. The other features, like rotating map based on compass heading could be implemented as pop-up menu while tap and hold on the compass...

Which webos devices have compass, Pre3 and Touchpad only?

minimized compass

maximized compass
    johncc and jcmarcos like this.
  17.    #877  
    1. Special Report: Living with iPhone 3GS (AKA Episode #88) | Dr. Mac's Rants and Raves | The Mac Observer - Special Report: Living with iPhone 3GS (AKA Episode #88) | Dr. Mac's Rants and Raves | The Mac Observer

2. Streetview:
    Great! I like the cone that indicates where I´m facing... I have to implement it, I find it very usable.
    two more points in 0.2.1 Preware:

on Pre3 there is a grid around the popup onscreen menus (- = +)

and Help in Appmenu could be linking to this thread.
    the map shows the small compass rose for all devices, the app detect the compass capable device and then show a needle.
    Then, on devices without compass, that rose has no actual use, yet it's always on screen?

rotating map based on compass heading could be implemented as pop-up menu while tap and hold on the compass
    I'd prefer a switch, by the side of the "follow GPS" button, on top right. It would enable or disable map rotation following compass.

This compass addition to your app is a good idea, in my opinion. Is it true that compass only works when the device is horizontal? In that video about Android using compass in street view (kewl), the phone was upright,
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
  20.    #880  
    two more points in 0.2.1 Preware:

on Pre3 there is a grid around the popup onscreen menus (- = +)

and Help in Appmenu could be linking to this thread.
    Hi, the grid is side effect of re-scaled dialogs since 0.2.1 version... we have to live with it.