Page 43 of 76 FirstFirst ... 33383940414243444546474853 ... LastLast
Like Tree392Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Hi, 0.2.1 is out.
    Just downloaded, and done a very brief test, everyting feels in place. This afternoon I'll take you for a ride home...

I've noticed some new strings that would need translation, could you tell me their names, or should I retranslate again the whole "strings.json"?

Anyway, it's amazing the amount of job you put into this. Also, perhaps the inconveniences of the Google API are starting to weight more than its advantages. Have you ever considered downloading the tiles and painting the map by yourself? In that case, my brother might be able to assist. While he is no webOS developer, he has a very cool "map control" for WP7, iOS and Android, with a ton of features, and knows a trick or two about the subject.

Congratulations on your new Pre3, welcome to the unicorn owners club! It's a pity it performs so much worse with your app, must have been quite dishearting. Especially when things like those "W3C touch events" aren't supported, mostly amazing for a web based touch device!

I thought you could put whatever user agent string you wanted in the requests, but obviously, I know webOS very little actually. In my case, changing the user agent was easy, but made some things work while breaking others. It's such a shame one can't tell Google which API to use, instead of relying on something so flaky as the user agent string.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    There might be problems in your new GPS code in version 0.2.1. It went as follows: Activated GPS, started your app, clicked the GPS icon and saw the usual "Wait for GPS fix" message, only in a funny small size. Waited some more, got the same.
    Got out to Phone app and dialled the "#*GPS#" code, to bring up the inbuild GPS diagnostic app, which gave me a fix and... Your app still insisted there was none.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    I discovered another small issue in the latest official and testing version. After i swipe back the ui sometimes scales up to an amount where the map is hardly visible. This only started with the last version. Otherwise an enormous increase in speed. It basically looks like the image you posted earlier with the blown-up ui.
    now google map is working off line, can this work an update to this version?, that could be great!
  5.    #845  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Just downloaded, and done a very brief test, everyting feels in place. This afternoon I'll take you for a ride home...

I've noticed some new strings that would need translation, could you tell me their names, or should I retranslate again the whole "strings.json"?

Anyway, it's amazing the amount of job you put into this. Also, perhaps the inconveniences of the Google API are starting to weight more than its advantages. Have you ever considered downloading the tiles and painting the map by yourself? In that case, my brother might be able to assist. While he is no webOS developer, he has a very cool "map control" for WP7, iOS and Android, with a ton of features, and knows a trick or two about the subject.

Congratulations on your new Pre3, welcome to the unicorn owners club! It's a pity it performs so much worse with your app, must have been quite dishearting. Especially when things like those "W3C touch events" aren't supported, mostly amazing for a web based touch device!

I thought you could put whatever user agent string you wanted in the requests, but obviously, I know webOS very little actually. In my case, changing the user agent was easy, but made some things work while breaking others. It's such a shame one can't tell Google which API to use, instead of relying on something so flaky as the user agent string.
    Hi, just add the same new lines to the old strings.json with your translations. You can see here https://github.com/72ka/google-maps/...s/strings.json that I added new strings from "Transit" to "More details", just translate the green lines to your language and send me it. The row 30 and 37,38 are only changes, not new lines.

Ask your brother if he know, if exists any way, how to force load the non-touch API or inject a fake user agent string to the API, because on webos is not possible to change it, only using patch and reboot the phone...

Thank you for report, I´m very busy these days and was not able to respond sooner than today...
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
  6.    #846  
    There might be problems in your new GPS code in version 0.2.1. It went as follows: Activated GPS, started your app, clicked the GPS icon and saw the usual "Wait for GPS fix" message, only in a funny small size. Waited some more, got the same.
    Got out to Phone app and dialled the "#*GPS#" code, to bring up the inbuild GPS diagnostic app, which gave me a fix and... Your app still insisted there was none.
    I have to look at it... thank you for the new bug

The dialog is in funny size.. scaled 1:1 as map... it is normal on the Pre3 since this release, the same other info or alert dialogs in map scene.

Anyway, what is the "#*GPS#" code? I tride it several times without succes.... not able to type it... what I´m doing wrong? Can you describe me more or give some link?
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
  7.    #847  
    Quote Originally Posted by fabianlanco View Post
    I discovered another small issue in the latest official and testing version. After i swipe back the ui sometimes scales up to an amount where the map is hardly visible. This only started with the last version. Otherwise an enormous increase in speed. It basically looks like the image you posted earlier with the blown-up ui.
    Hmmm.... I tested it in many situations, but the word "sometimes" is very hard for debugging... can you find out how to do this exactly? I´m trying to do the same without "succes" ..
  8.    #848  
    Quote Originally Posted by orozco404 View Post
    now google map is working off line, can this work an update to this version?, that could be great!
    It could be awesome... but violates the terms of use. Tiles caching is not allowed in this free API. Sad...
    I have to look at it... thank you for the new bug

The dialog is in funny size.. scaled 1:1 as map... it is normal on the Pre3 since this release, the same other info or alert dialogs in map scene.

Anyway, what is the "#*GPS#" code? I tride it several times without succes.... not able to type it... what I´m doing wrong? Can you describe me more or give some link?
    You have to type the code in phone app.
    what is the "#*GPS#" code?
    You just dial it as is, like a regular phone number (so, in fact, it's "#*477#"). The GSM starndard has many of these diagnostic "service numbers" to dial, and they depend on the carrier. By the way, I think that it can be "##477#", depending on the network.

Quote Originally Posted by BoRn View Post
    You have to type the code in phone app.
    I tried this, too, without success. I wonder if it's a carrier-specific string? I ask that, as it's similar to some of the strings that Verizon uses to access advanced configuration screens for Pre3 activation.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    it's #* for gsm phones,and ## for cdma phones.
    Hmmm.... I tested it in many situations, but the word "sometimes" is very hard for debugging... can you find out how to do this exactly? I´m trying to do the same without "succes" ..
    Just go to preferences and then swipe back. The UI blows up and then immediately rescales to the correct value. Another thing i noticed is that the layer dropdown menu has a very big font. Is that suppose to be so?
    Thank you for all the hardwork you put into this application
    add the same new lines to the old strings.json with your translations. You can see here that I added new strings from "Transit" to "More details", just translate the green lines to your language and send me it. The row 30 and 37,38 are only changes, not new lines.
    I think I've understood correctly: Went to the current spanish version, and added the changes you made to the original. But immediately I saw that there were elements missing in the spanish version, such as the few related to Navit. So I scanned the original Czech version, searching for elements that were missing, and the result is attached.

Ask your brother if he know, if exists any way, how to force load the non-touch API or inject a fake user agent string to the API
    Sadly, he doesn't use the API at all, his program downloads the tiles (from several sources and not only Google Maps, by the way). I very much doubt he would be able to help in API related issues.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jcmarcos; 08/22/2012 at 03:17 AM.

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Hello,

How can I make that app the standard application for maps?

Thank you and best regards!

Frederik

...from Hessen, Germany...
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    it's #* for gsm phones,and ## for cdma phones.
    After getting the correct code for CDMA, I opened the GPS Information app and tapped the Get Fix button. To my surprise (since I'm sitting in my house), I had a fix in about 10 seconds. Not quite believing that, I opened GM, and lo and behold--it opened with a fix that was within 100 feet of my house!

Then the weirdness began...

Suddenly, the blue dot started moving off to the SW. What? I swiped back to GPS Information, and it was showing a velocity of 13 and heading of 238. Wow...

That continued for some time, even despite refreshing the fix several times. After about 5 minutes, a refresh resulted in a 0 velocity; rechecking GM showed that the fix was back on my street, again (still off by about 100 feet, but that's not bad for being inside the house).

Very, very strange. I'm hoping, though, that I've learned something useful--the GPS Information app's Get Fix function got me a fix far faster than what I'm used to, even by using the GPS Fix app. I think that I'm going to put that code on speed dial...

One more thing: If I leave the GPS Information app open while using GM, I get a "memory critical" message after 10-15 minutes, even with no other apps open. Since GM has never done that, it must be that the GPS Information app is very leaky (which, as a dev's tool, wouldn't be too surprising).
    Last edited by bethel95; 08/21/2012 at 09:09 PM.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    Quote Originally Posted by fabianlanco View Post
    Just go to preferences and then swipe back. The UI blows up and then immediately rescales to the correct value. Another thing i noticed is that the layer dropdown menu has a very big font. Is that suppose to be so?
    Yeah, I'm getting the UI issue on my Pre3 (2.2.4) also. Sometimes the effect is so transient that I can barely catch it; other times the blown-up UI is there for 1-2 seconds. Can't say that it bothers me, though.

As for the layer dropdown font--it's bigger than the app menu font, but if anything the problem is that the app menu font is too small; the layer dropdown font looks great, to me.

Quote Originally Posted by gsfx View Post
    Hello,

How can I make that app the standard application for maps?

Thank you and best regards!

Frederik

...from Hessen, Germany...
    yes hopes there's a patch to make google maps default maps app instead bing maps...want to use latitude again in my Pre
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    @72ka, did you get my french translations?
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    the inbuilt GPS diagnostic app gave me a fix and... Your app still insisted there was none.
    Tried again today, and the problem has disappeared: Your app indeed got GPS fix now.