Page 40 of 76 FirstFirst ... 30353637383940414243444550 ... LastLast
Like Tree392Likes
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
    Tested 0.2.0 on my pre3 and the new features arr awesome but like the last versions it simply runs like crap on the most powerful webos phone. The app freezes often with markers for several seconds and wont accept any input.
    anyone else experience this?
    im running 2.2.4 with uberkernel.
    maybe its just the crappy pre3 os :-/
    Running it on the Pre3 and on the Touchpad, don't have that problems. Maybe you have a few patches or apps that slow down your device?
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    0.20 git on Pre3 2.2.4:
    * scrolling in map, hitting markers... it very often tries to search for "undefined"
    hope these are the right log entries:

[2012-07-22 04:37:10] (mojolocation[1785]) user.debug: [com.palm.location] ResetWithLatestCellWifiInfo
    [2012-07-22 04:37:10] (mojolocation[1785]) user.debug: [com.palm.location] ResetWithLatestWifiInfo Wifi ON
    [2012-07-22 04:37:10] (mojolocation[1785]) user.debug: [com.palm.location] No IsCellInfoPresnt
    [2012-07-22 04:37:10] (mojolocation[1785]) user.debug: [com.palm.location] cellWifiMultipleInfoListners size 1
    [2012-07-22 04:37:10] (mojolocation[1785]) user.debug: [com.palm.location] ===========GoogleCellWifiEngine UpdateWithCellWifiInfo
    [2012-07-22 04:37:10] (mojolocation[1785]) user.debug: [com.palm.location] ******** IsNewCellInfo has empty from cell
    [2012-07-22 04:37:10] (mojolocation[1785]) user.debug: [com.palm.location] Misses are 0
    [2012-07-22 04:37:10] (mojolocation[1785]) user.debug: [com.palm.location] IsNewWifiInfo 0
    [2012-07-22 04:37:10] (mojolocation[1785]) user.debug: [com.palm.location] Location is there 0
    [2012-07-22 04:37:10] (mojolocation[1785]) user.debug: [com.palm.location] NOT new cell wifi info
    [2012-07-22 04:37:10] (mojolocation[1785]) user.debug: [com.palm.location] ******** IsNewCellInfo has empty from cell
    [2012-07-22 04:37:10] (mojolocation[1785]) user.debug: [com.palm.location] Misses are 0
    [2012-07-22 04:37:10] (mojolocation[1785]) user.debug: [com.palm.location] IsNewWifiInfo 0
    [2012-07-22 04:37:10] (mojolocation[1785]) user.debug: [com.palm.location] Good Location add it
    [2012-07-22 04:37:10] (mojolocation[1785]) user.debug: [com.palm.location] m_coord NULL
    [2012-07-22 04:37:10] (mojolocation[1785]) user.debug: [com.palm.location] AddFix 1
    [2012-07-22 04:37:10] (mojolocation[1785]) user.debug: [com.palm.location] Tracking listener fixType 1
    [2012-07-22 04:37:10] (mojolocation[1785]) user.debug: [com.palm.location] Updating the tracking listener with 1
    [2012-07-22 04:37:10] (mojolocation[1785]) user.debug: [com.palm.location] respond with 115.000000
    [2012-07-22 04:37:10] (activitymanager[1478]) user.warning: [activitymanager.resourcecontainermanager] No container currently mapped for [BusId appIdrg.webosinternals.lumberjack]
    [2012-07-22 04:37:10] (activitymanager[1478]) user.warning: [activitymanager.resourcecontainermanager] No container currently mapped for [BusId appId:cz.72ka.googlemaps]
    [2012-07-22 04:37:10] (mojolocation[1785]) user.debug: [com.palm.location] JoinActivityResponse {"activityId":212,"event":"focused","returnValue":true}
    [2012-07-22 04:37:12] (LunaSysMgr) user.notice: cz.72ka.googlemaps: Info: About to activate scene main, palmInitFramework383:2569
    [2012-07-22 04:37:12] (LunaSysMgr) user.notice: cz.72ka.googlemaps: Info: *** LAUNCH MAPLOC PLACES *** undefined, palmInitFramework383:2569
    [2012-07-22 04:37:12] (LunaSysMgr) user.notice: cz.72ka.googlemaps: Info: *** LAUNCH MAPTO DIRECTIONS *** undefined, palmInitFramework383:2569
    [2012-07-22 04:37:12] (LunaSysMgr) user.notice: cz.72ka.googlemaps: Info: *** LAUNCH MAPLOC PLACES *** undefined, palmInitFramework383:2569
    [2012-07-22 04:37:12] (LunaSysMgr) user.notice: cz.72ka.googlemaps: Info: *** LAUNCH MAPTO DIRECTIONS RELAUNCH AND OVERRIDING TO MAPLOC *** undefined, palmInitFramework383:2569
    [2012-07-22 04:37:12] (LunaSysMgr) user.notice: cz.72ka.googlemaps: Info: Transition ended., palmInitFramework383:2569
    [2012-07-22 04:37:12] (LunaSysMgr) user.notice: cz.72ka.googlemaps: Info: IDLE: , palmInitFramework383:2569

Have to admin Pre3 running without SIM and on wifi only
  3.    #783  
    Hi, thank you for report of Pre3 problems. I'll try to diagnose it... unfortunately I can't promise fix, because this looks like I need a real device.... I'll see.

Anyway, the 0.2.0 still isn't in Preware... weird.
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    Quote Originally Posted by chris42 View Post
    Running it on the Pre3 and on the Touchpad, don't have that problems. Maybe you have a few patches or apps that slow down your device?
    maybe i should pay the doctor a visit
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I don't know whether it is your use case, but if I load the program on my Pre 3 with GPS on I get a good southern hemisphere fix.
    if I'm using GPS, that would be no problem (and Pre 2 GPS hard to lock), but once I use Google Service only, it will take me to nowhere in the north..

You can read that also in rwhitby blog site.
  6.    #786  
    Hate Pre3... I confirm horrible freezing on Pre3 emulator too. One common issue... the Pre3 screen size X Webkit core (patched for WebOS) x Google API incompatibility.... nightmare!

Im seriously thinking about revert back to the non-scaled UI, where all problems are gone. Just for remembering, then looks as at screenshot. It is acceptable for Pre3 users? If you have very good eyesight I think it is better than freezing

The non scale UI is 1.5 times smaller than ergonomic.
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    checkmate likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Hate Pre3... I confirm horrible freezing on Pre3 emulator too. One common issue... the Pre3 screen size X Webkit core (patched for WebOS) x Google API incompatibility.... nightmare!

Im seriously thinking about revert back to the non-scaled UI, where all problems are gone. Just for remembering, then looks as at screenshot. It is acceptable for Pre3 users? If you have very good eyesight I think it is better than freezing

The non scale UI is 1.5 times smaller than ergonomic.
    Well as i'm still in an eagle-eyed age it would be ok for me, and zooming is still possible, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by 72ka
    Hi, thank you for report of Pre3 problems. I'll try to diagnose it... unfortunately I can't promise fix, because this looks like I need a real device.... I'll see.
    *Cough* I still have a 2nd brand new Pre3 (German 8GB QWERTZ) device in the box never started, never activated, even still in warranty.

I had in mind to give it away for my costs(90€)+shipping to a developer that build me an webOS 2.x compatible KeePass 1.x (Classic Edition .kdb) app. Well i never found a dev but i also really don't want you to slow down gmaps developing. There are some effords for KeePass on TouchPad but non of them work on the phones: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...-keepassw.html
    I'm running it in the "eagle-eye-mode" since basically day one. The UI is like small, but still usable. There are a few kinks in the overlays, like only dimming half the screen, but no core functions are impaired.
    Another thing is that the maximum zoom in level is the same, but there are more pixels to sisplay the content. This will result in smaller, but finer images.

I encourage you to try it out by simply applying the metaview "hack". It is very easy. Just search for "make apps fit the whole screen" and "pre 3".
  9.    #789  
    Quote Originally Posted by fabianlanco View Post
    I'm running it in the "eagle-eye-mode" since basically day one. The UI is like small, but still usable. There are a few kinks in the overlays, like only dimming half the screen, but no core functions are impaired.
    Hi... Im now gaming with non-scaled UI and I fixed this dimming and up-scaled manually the main menu bars, in order to look the main screen the same as on other devices. Other is non-scaled. Volunteers can try this dev version, only if the freezing still persist and let me know, if this smaller UI is usable for you. For me, in emulator through the up-scaled bars are noticeable horizontal and vertical lines, 1px thick - some weird webkit scaling issue.

Download here the testing version - only for Pre3 users: http://www.volny.cz/hp2/webos/maps/c...ll-devPre3.ipk

Anyway, the Pre3 compatibility still slowing down the app evolution, instead of evolving I have to doing fixes for Pre3. But the Pre3 is still flagship of WebOS.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    I'll test.

Gizmo21, I'd donate to getting 72ka that Pre 3 of yours. How about we count how many other Pre 3 owners here are interested, then just divide the total cost. To make things easier, we can just donate to 72ka, and 72ka can do the transaction directly with you. Everybody cool with that?

So here's the list (I'll edit this poste) of interested Pre 3 owners:
    - Gizmo21
    - Goyena
    - checkmate
    Last edited by Goyena; 07/24/2012 at 09:00 AM.
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    I'll donate for a better Pre3 version. Although....I'm kind of liking the scaled down UI! How about an option for this in the preferences?
    I find that the red pins and the location names are actually way to big currently and block too much of the screen - will they get scaled down too?
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
  12.    #792  
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    I'll donate for a better Pre3 version. Although....I'm kind of liking the scaled down UI! How about an option for this in the preferences?
    I find that the red pins and the location names are actually way to big currently and block too much of the screen - will they get scaled down too?
    Hi, you can try the testing version, all on the map is scaled down, red pins too.
    Hi... Im now gaming with non-scaled UI an*er is non-scaled. Volunteers can try this dev version, only if the freezing still persist and let me know, if this smaller UI is usable for you. For me, in emulator through the up-scaled bars are noticeable horizontal and vertical lines, 1px thick - some weird webkit scaling issue.

Download here the testing version - only for Pre3 users: http://www.volny.cz/hp2/webos/maps/c...ll-devPre3.ipk

Anyway, the Pre3 compatibility still slowing down the app evolution, instead of evolving I have to doing fixes for Pre3. But the Pre3 is still flagship of WebOS.
    ok so scaled down is much more usable than the 0.2.0 scaled.

* But still getting 'undefined' errors, not that often and not reproducable
    * And found out when app is already started and then i'm just Typing Umlauts in webOS Homescreen it again searches for M%C3%BCller
    * Sometimes when draging around, just typing... the Top Bar is getting out of range to use it
    * on the Info card the 'send contact' and starring buttons are missing
    Last edited by gizmo21; 07/24/2012 at 01:07 AM.
  14.    #794  
    ok so scaled down is much more usable than the 0.2.0 scaled.

* But still getting 'undefined' errors, not that often and not reproducable
    * And found out when app is already started and then i'm just Typing Umlauts in webOS Homescreen it again searches for M%C3%BCller
    * Sometimes when draging around, just typing... the Top Bar is getting out of range to use it
    * on the Info card the 'send contact' and starring buttons are missing
    Thank you for report! Undefined search confuses me, because the system calls the app with parameter, but the parameter is sometimes undefined... cant understand this system behavior...

Muller when the app is running... good, I forget to fix this situation too, it is different while app is running or not

top bar out of range... uh.. "sometimes" is hard to fix...

the buttons are gone, because the bottom bar is scaled up in whole app.. and the corner buttons are present but out of screen

Very nice report!!
    Volunteers can try this new non-scaled Pre3 dev version[/u]
    Just downloaded and, on a vrey brief test, I fear everything is too small for these old eyes. But I think I can get used to it. Thanyou very much for your efforts for the Pre3.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Hi there,
    the testing version seems to be a lot less laggy than the official one. Even with GPS. The overlays seem to be working fine. No noticable glitches so far.
    Although i had a sort of connection drop on mobile data.
    In addition to that it looks kind of weird having those big buttons and the fine art in the image. As someone posted above it would be nice to have an option for that. So that the buttons match or don't match the size of the images.
    Sth. like
    buttons : big - small
    map: big - small

And again: thank you very mauch for all your hard work.
    Tried the Pre3 Test version and for me it works much better than the regular version, the UI ist still scaled in this version which looks a bit blurry, wouldnt mind to try a version with not scaled UI.

I realyl love it ok the street or info names are a bit small but i can live with it for the sake of better performance.
    I Guess the UI Text could be enlarged a bit without breaking stuff (talking about Routing description for example)

Btw, found a bug with routing, you cant enter something as endpoint when leaving starting point on "your position", the controls for routing are off screen too. But i gues thats all because of the test version.

PS: wouldnt mind donating some eurs again for new Dev Hardware
  18.    #798  
    Hi, thank you all for your hints. I found maybe the usable way... I found the way, how to switch between viewports dynamically. It means, I can have the main screen non-scaled and for the other, like markers list, infos, search, etc.. can scale-up to 1:1,5 as previous version. Im now gaming with it. Then I can use larger images for markers and increase font size in infobubbles. Ill try to prepare next testing version for you for feedback, because I cant imagine the real feel on real Pre3 device. Your feedback is very helpfull.
    jcmarcos and Sonic-NKT like this.
    I've just downloaded the testing version to my Pre3 and I LOVE the smaller UI elements! Everything seems to fit a lot better on the screen now and it is perfectly readable to me. The only issue I can find with the smaller elements is when renaming pins - the area you 'tap and hold' is very small and right at the top of the screen. How about an 'edit' button? Or perhaps tap and hold anywhere on the info dialogue?

I'm also getting the weird 1px lines on the main bars, very odd but not too noticeable.

The app now seems to work a LOT smoother than it did during the last few versions, although it is still slightly laggy when scrolling around. I think it's back to the performance of the much earlier versions which is okay with me :-)
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Sometimes when draging around, just typing... the Top Bar is getting out of range to use it
    I've noticed this same behavior in some old (i.e., not updated since 1.4.5) Mojo apps that I've been running on my Pre3 (never saw it with the same apps on the Pre+). Switching to card view and then back to full screen sometimes restores the top bar. I know that's just a workaround, but perhaps it also points toward a solution.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Pre (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Pre Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix