Page 39 of 76 FirstFirst ... 29343536373839404142434449 ... LastLast
Like Tree392Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Hi, 0.2.0 is out! Contains new 406 rows of code.... uf! I need a vacation ...
    Enjoy the new features rather than new bugs
    Can you please add it to "Downloads · 72ka-google-maps · GitHub" & your "Index of -hp2-webos-maps-archive", as I don't see it in Preware yet.
  2.    #762  
    Quote Originally Posted by WknThDg View Post
    Can you please add it to "Downloads · 72ka-google-maps · GitHub" & your "Index of -hp2-webos-maps-archive", as I don't see it in Preware yet.
    Hi, github updated, the archive at volny.cz is obsolete, thereīs no more space for archives.
    Preware is today a bit slow... updated 12 hours ago and still nothing available.
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
  3.    #763  
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    I'm happy that you like it and the is was easy to implement. Did you saw my question about your app catalog plans? => New Google Maps for WebOS - native javascript API

HaPe
    Hi, Iīve read... forget to answer, sorry. I donīt see advantages in pushing to AppCatalog. I think that all WebOS users uses Preware. Or, do you know some advantages?
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi, Iīve read... forget to answer, sorry. I donīt see advantages in pushing to AppCatalog. I think that all WebOS users uses Preware. Or, do you know some advantages?
    No, only you have a larger customer base. That is the reason why we never tried to push Navit into the app store.

One idea, I think it would be better to show the Navit entry all the time, that the user knows the function is there. If he selects the entry he should get a message about what is missing and where he can get it.
    This is easy to do as both service request can have a failure function where you only need to add an alert with the message.

HaPe

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Fantastic job yet again! I've downloaded 0.2.0 just now from GitHub as it doesn't show up in Preware yet. First shock was seeing my own spanish translations, thankyou so much for putting them in.

I expect to try every other feature soon. This is not only a great app, it's a great story!
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
  6.    #766  
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    No, only you have a larger customer base. That is the reason why we never tried to push Navit into the app store.

One idea, I think it would be better to show the Navit entry all the time, that the user knows the function is there. If he selects the entry he should get a message about what is missing and where he can get it.
    This is easy to do as both service request can have a failure function where you only need to add an alert with the message.

HaPe
    OK.. good idea, I like Navit, I have been using for three years, first time on my Maemo Nokia N810.
  7.    #767  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Fantastic job yet again! I've downloaded 0.2.0 just now from GitHub as it doesn't show up in Preware yet. First shock was seeing my own spanish translations, thankyou so much for putting them in.

I expect to try every other feature soon. This is not only a great app, it's a great story!
    Your welcome, it is your job, I only copied the file

Preware is a bit slow these days.. usually takes some hours, now it took one day and nothing. We will see...

Anyway.... I added some new strings, you can show the diffs here https://github.com/72ka/google-maps/...b6fecc#diff-24 and if you and others have a free time, you can update your files. Or, I can give you rights to modify the string files on github. Because new strings are comming in each new release.
  8.    #768  
    Okay... the 0.2.0 is out but still not available via Preware, but Iīm continue....

Today I made basic support for user reviews (tried to make similar look as on the website). Although API doesnīt provide profile avatars, I use them using unofficial http request. Now, in the list you can see all desired information and if you tap to the user avatar, the browser opens the Google+ user profile. I find the review very useful... New ToDo - I think that is possible to write reviews through API, but I have to more reading the documentation

hape, jcmarcos, R_E and 1 others like this.
    Anyway.... I added some new strings, you can show the diffs here https://github.com/72ka/google-maps/...b6fecc#diff-24 and if you and others have a free time, you can update your files. Or, I can give you rights to modify the string files on github. Because new strings are comming in each new release.
    Basically every string with $L needs a new translation? I suppose those with the '+' in the diff
    e.g. $L("Loading Maps...") needs a new row in the strings.json file like this:

"Loading Maps...": "Caricamento Mappe...",

is there a complete file like last time or should I extract those new strings from the source code?
    Thank you
  10.    #770  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdoby View Post
    Basically every string with $L needs a new translation? I suppose those with the '+' in the diff
    e.g. $L("Loading Maps...") needs a new row in the strings.json file like this:

"Loading Maps...": "Caricamento Mappe...",

is there a complete file like last time or should I extract those new strings from the source code?
    Thank you
    Exactly.... the complete file with new strings will be always the Czech strings.json here https://github.com/72ka/google-maps/...r/resources/cs
    Exactly.... the complete file with new strings will be always the Czech strings.json here https://github.com/72ka/google-maps/...r/resources/cs
    ok, got it, you have mail
    Still not available on preware
    Could you add it on github? Really want to try the new version
  13.    #773  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
    Still not available on preware
    Could you add it on github? Really want to try the new version
    Hi, already on github, direct link here http://github.com/downloads/72ka/goo..._0.2.0_all.ipk
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Hi, already on github, direct link here http://github.com/downloads/72ka/goo..._0.2.0_all.ipk
    I just installed from github (still not available from preware).

The new 0.2.0 version seems much faster than 0.1.9, but I haven't yet taken it for a test drive.

Can I add a feature request for zooming? If you can't zoom in any further for the current type of map, please grey-out the zoom-in button, and perhaps display a warning instead of saying "Zooming in..." if they use their fingers. (For my house, I can zoom in to 10m scale in Roadmap, Hybrid or Satellite view, but only 200m for Terrain view).

p.s. The status messages (such as "zooming in...." ) are useful.
    Last edited by BenL; 07/20/2012 at 12:46 AM. Reason: fixed a typo
    0.20 git on Pre3 2.2.4:
    * Umlauts JustType search works
    * Markers with todays opening hours work
    * Renaming and starring, unstarring of favorite markers works

* scrolling in map, hitting markers... it very often tries to search for "undefined"
  16.    #776  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    * scrolling in map, hitting markers... it very often tries to search for "undefined"
    Can you describe me how to do it? It is probably a bug...
    the complete file with new strings will be always the Czech strings.json
    Yep! Took that file, and added the differences you provided. Find the new spanish version attached...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Tested 0.2.0 on my pre3 and the new features arr awesome but like the last versions it simply runs like crap on the most powerful webos phone. The app freezes often with markers for several seconds and wont accept any input.
    anyone else experience this?
    im running 2.2.4 with uberkernel.
    maybe its just the crappy pre3 os :-/
    Can you describe me how to do it? It is probably a bug...
    sorry 4 late answer:

hitting marker in the list makes the map appear and instantly "undefined" is searched. If this does not happen instantly it happens when you drag the map after that (perhaps some specific Pre3 tile prob if it does not happen on your Pre1).

Will get lumberjack output when at home.

i also have to admin it does get stuck too on my Pre3, nearly to freete the whole phone. I thought it was mine only, but as Sonic-NKT has experienced the same i though i share it
    Actually it runs like crap after a gps fix is obtained. Maybe due to constantly trying to refresh the position?