Page 38 of 76 FirstFirst ... 28333435363738394041424348 ... LastLast
Like Tree392Likes
    Hi, 72ka,

Please see attached for the translation for the Simplified Chinese. Please let me know if you have any questions!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Hi 72ka,

First, thank you for your great google maps app, I'm very excited whats happened next! The Bing Maps app is not soo bad, but your Maps app has much more features and the maps from google are just better, I think..

My question: Is it possible for you to bring WhatsApp to webos? ..I know, its an other thing and you have already your google maps project.. And I don't know, if you need WhatsApp, but now with WazApp from Meego we have already the possibility to have WhatsApp ported to webos... Only one thing is needed, a developer?!

I hope...
    Thanks!

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Howdy 72ka,
    Hope the wifey and baby are fine...just got out of an ultrasound for our Third...due in December.

Some nitpicky GUI thoughts: The top bar menu button holds 4 map "modes", a mode "modifier" (night) and 4 other "overlays".
    - You can only choose 1 of the 4 modes (radio button style).
    - The modifier night is only effective on the "Roadmap" mode ("Terrain"'s roads just turn black, but rest remains white so it's useless).
    - You can choose any one or even all of the overlays.

The use of checkmarks everywhere makes the above behavior is difficult to see. My suggestions, to take or trash as you like:

1. Consider "Night" as a mode, instead of a modifier, since it is really only usable on the "Roadmap" mode. Thus, you would really only have a choice of (1 of) 5 modes, and 4 options. For example, if you are in "Satellite", and choose "Night", the app will switch to Roadmap view (automatically), then apply "Night" colors. (you don't have to do two actions)
    2. add a darker line to separate the 2 sections above (or not, see 4 below)
    3. please don't implement submenus - too many taps makes me crazy!
    4. keep the checkmarks for the "modes", but use on/off (or I/O or Y/N to save space?) toggles for "overlays" to show that they're not a radio-type choice.
    5. If any of the "overlays" is toggled, do NOT close the menu automatically (I often play with both "weather" and "clouds") I personally wouldn't mind if the menu didn't auto-close at all, even after a "mode" change.

Sorry to be a pain, just trying to help speed up the interface with the least number of changes...
    Last edited by Goyena; 07/09/2012 at 05:59 AM.
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Thank you once again for all your hard work 72ka...

I see you added a Donation button to your signature.

I've just donated and would urge others to do so too.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Jan was so kind to take on me for the spanish translation, but I was on holiday last week, away from computers. Here is the spanish "strings.json" version, as taken from the italian version in the new github site.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    ...seems your app is the first smartphone app in germany to display the bike layer That's a new feeling for a webOS user.

Na*da*ist*webOS*ja*mal*schneller... | Google*Maps*jetzt*auch*fr*Radfahrer*in*... | News-Foren

-
    T-Pad likes this.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Feature Request:
    Hey, I wonder if it would be possible to change the startup. If you start it without internet connection, it just says, please activate internet connection and restart.
    As I use ModeSwitcher to activate Data, as soon as I start certain apps, would it be possible to change the startup behaviour, so it retries, instead of a need to restart it.
    The connection takes a moment to come up, so for google maps it looks like it is not there, a retry would solve this.

Thanks
    Chris
  8.    #748  
    Hi all, just for information, Im very busy at these weeks/days at work and at building our house. Today I continue in Favorites development, exactly at the rename function... all these features are harder to implement than I expected and then it will need more time to test it. This is the reason why I cant answer the latest posts. Thanks again to all translators! I hope that the next version will be ready at the end of this week and I will have the time to answer your post.

Anyway, in the middle of the week, I was driving around our part of town Libus and looking for the electro material shop where was prepared the goods for me and it was close to the closing time of the shop. I was nervous and forget the address, then I used the Google Maps... typed the name of shop and it saved me again! The shop is in google database! I can imagine the same situation with Bing Maps... Maybe the phone was already trashed by me
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Anyway, in the middle of the week, I was driving around our part of town Libus and looking for the electro material shop where was prepared the goods for me and it was close to the closing time of the shop. I was nervous and forget the address, then I used the Google Maps... typed the name of shop and it saved me again! The shop is in google database! I can imagine the same situation with Bing Maps... Maybe the phone was already trashed by me
    I'm sorry, but with your story i just have to make another feature request for the long future.
    Many shops have (community) entered Opening Hours on their google-places-site:

https://maps.google.de/maps/place?ci...AcetiAbA6vSXAg

or

https://maps.google.de/maps/place?ci...FonQiAbzzNy3CQ

Is that accessible via API and if yes could it be displayed in the marker-info card, or even added to the notes contactfield while adding to contacts (*duck away*).

For developing ease
    it seems to be newly available: http://googlegeodevelopers.blogspot....e-reviews.html
    https://developers.google.com/maps/d...#place_details
  10.    #750  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    Many shops have (community) entered Opening Hours on their google-places-site:
    Wow... must be a new feature, it is easy to show in info scene, because places api background is already implemented since the early version of app. Thank you for this useful hint!

EDIT: Wow, Google added the user review to the API too... very very nice! I'm glad that I started the app in V3 API although the lower speed performance than API V2. I'm so excited and I'm looking forward to implement it!
    Last edited by 72ka; 07/16/2012 at 10:54 AM.
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    TUFF Stough likes this.
    Have to share this morning's Google Maps experience with you.

I had to pick up some girl scouts this morning from a camp about 30 miles away. My wife got directions and said to follow them because people had reporting that their GPS and/or Google maps was sending them the wrong direction. So I put the address in Google Maps on my PC and sure enough it was telling them to turn right onto a particular road instead of left, just before the destination. The place name was shown on the map, so I entered the place name into Google Maps on my phone along with the city name, and it pointed to exactly the right spot and the directions matched those given to me exactly. I left the app running the entire way to watch the route and it was flawless. The place name search made all the difference. With some apps doing a place name search is more cumbersome, but with your Google Maps app it's as easy as searching for any address. Thanks.

The lesson in all this is, it's always a good idea to double-check the route you get regardless of what map software you are using. Working with maps every day (and being sent down a very scary dirt road in Arkansas by Yahoo maps once) I know better than to blindly trust my GPS without careful checking.
    Now google just has to open API for tile download and offline turn-by-turn navigation, cause i see a huge powerdrain while having google maps open for a ride.

But what am i complaining about, this is by far to most advanced and useful google/bing mapping app on webOS (well for hiking and biking i still use Mapping Tool Pro with offline OSM support).
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    I use ModeSwitcher to dial down everything possible (even screen is on super dim) on my Pre3 when using NDrive, but it would consume faster than the charge rate.

GoogleMaps, even though it was constantly pulling down tiles over edge to 3G, worked like a champ here. I passed through low coverage areas, but the tile refreshment was pretty good, and charging was steady.
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
  14.    #754  
    Hi, looks like that the Favorites implementation is done.. but was horrible work, because contains a lot of code. I have to test it. And today I add a opening hours feature, at this time, shows the fancy icon open/closed and the information about today opening hours. Look at the screenshot.

0.2.0 will be big step forward... stay tuned.
    Goyena, BenL, mc_gusto and 2 others like this.
    Hi, looks like that the Favorites implementation is done.. but was horrible work, because contains a lot of code. I have to test it. And today I add a opening hours feature, at this time, shows the fancy icon open/closed and the information about today opening hours. Look at the screenshot.

Click to view quoted image

Click to view quoted image

0.2.0 will be big step forward... stay tuned.
    You just keep amazing us with your fast development, new features etc! Keep up the great work!
    Since you are doing amazing work on Google Maps, and now you are working on projects at your house...could you help me put down porcelain tile in my bathroom?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

17.    #757  
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    Hi,

here are my two cents. This patch adds an entry to the pins bubble menu to start Navit for routing. Perhaps you can check it and add it to your main stream.

You need to have Navit and FileMgr Service (FileMgr Service v2.0.8) installed.

HaPe
    Hi, just implemented... your patch works like a charm, many thanks I find it very usefull! I added check at the app startup, if the Navit is installed (using filemgr service method exists), and the menu items is then visible only if the Navit is installed. Added Navit icon. Your nick will be in contributors list in the app About.

jcmarcos and er dp like this.
  18.    #758  
    Hi, 0.2.0 is out! Contains new 406 rows of code.... uf! I need a vacation ...
    Enjoy the new features rather than new bugs
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Whoo hoo! Thanks, and I ...uh...approve your vacation request! See you in two days? ;-)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi, just implemented... your patch works like a charm, many thanks I find it very usefull! I added check at the app startup, if the Navit is installed (using filemgr service method exists), and the menu items is then visible only if the Navit is installed. Added Navit icon. Your nick will be in contributors list in the app About.
    I'm happy that you like it and the is was easy to implement. Did you saw my question about your app catalog plans? => New Google Maps for WebOS - native javascript API

HaPe