Page 37 of 76 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637383940414247 ... LastLast
Like Tree392Likes
  1.    #721  
    Quote Originally Posted by fabianlanco View Post
    It means adding "<meta name='viewport' content='height=device-height, width=device-width'>" to the "index.html" in the application folder. Originally to adjust the application to the screensize of the Pre3/to make the application fit the whole screen.
    Ah, OK, I know... donīt edit the index.html, the app supports Pre3 (pre3 needs to omit width parameter or set to 320px), do not need to edit. The viewport meta tag is applied using write script at the end of index.html. If you force the width parameter, the meta tag is doubled (original app and yours) and then the UI isnīt resized! It is small... right? Then, the centering is gone in 0.1.9....its correct.
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    I edit the index.html because (i think) it gives me the full resolution version and not just the scaled up one. The UI is actually usable with the metaview hack applied. And i do know that i don't need to apply that since 0.1.5 or so.
    I also seem to have noticed that the maps and images tend to look sharper when run in full one by one mode (meaning with metaview).
    IF i (this) should be right, could you implement a scaling option?
    If i recall correctly, i did not notice any wrong centered maps prior 0.1.8 with the metaview tag (but of course the somewhat smaller UI elements, which i'm okay with).

Edit: oh, those typos...
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi,

here are my two cents. This patch adds an entry to the pins bubble menu to start Navit for routing. Perhaps you can check it and add it to your main stream.

You need to have Navit and FileMgr Service (FileMgr Service v2.0.8) installed.

HaPe
    Attached Files Attached Files
    animated rainfall app/addition for US would be awesome.
  5.    #725  
    I edit the index.html because (i think) it gives me the full resolution version and not just the scaled up one. The UI is actually usable with the metaview hack applied. And i do know that i don't need to apply that since 0.1.5 or so.
    I also seem to have noticed that the maps and images tend to look sharper when run in full one by one mode (meaning with metaview).
    IF i (this) should be right, could you implement a scaling option?
    If i recall correctly, i did not notice any wrong centered maps prior 0.1.8 with the metaview tag (but of course the somewhat smaller UI elements, which i'm okay with).

Edit: oh, those typos...
    Okay.. if you prefer this small UI, the problems with scaling gone... but the small UI isn't ergonomic, the font of map tiles is very small, etc... I think that you are the only one who prefer non-scaled app. If theres more users, I can do an option for that.
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    Is there any way to get version 0.1.8?
  7.    #727  
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    Hi,

here are my two cents. This patch adds an entry to the pins bubble menu to start Navit for routing. Perhaps you can check it and add it to your main stream.

You need to have Navit and FileMgr Service (FileMgr Service v2.0.8) installed.

HaPe
    Hi, thank you, it is in ToDo and I'm glad that is partially done by you. Quick look to the patch, it has to be added some checking if the navit and filemgr is installed, it couldn't be a problem. Thank you again.

If you want contribute more, today morning I created (FINALLY ) Github branch here http://github.com/72ka/google-maps

I uploaded the 0.1.8 code and all archive packages to Downloads. I will commit every public release.

Anyway, I'm extensively working on Favorite places saving, some other features like busy indicator (status panel), some bug fixes, are done. The Favorites are stored in new Mojo.Depot database. After app start, the favorite places are displayed on the map. Small screenshot preview here:

The Favorites markers are marked with yellow star

In this scene, you can mark/unmark the place as Favorite (new bottom left button)

The favorites are marked in markers list using the same yellow star

Here is the status panel (indicator), in this example is the screen while dropping a pin, I made this panel small and at the end of operation fades out

As you can see, a lot of work.... but I have to stop it today and enjoy two days of public holidays and then weekend. I will be back on monday.
  8.    #728  
    Is there any way to get version 0.1.8?
    New project site with packages downloads here:
    github.com/72ka/google-maps/downloads
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Hi, thank you, it is in ToDo and I'm glad that is partially done by you. Quick look to the patch, it has to be added some checking if the navit and filemgr is installed, it couldn't be a problem. Thank you again.

If you want contribute more, today morning I created (FINALLY ) Github branch here http://github.com/72ka/google-maps

I uploaded the 0.1.8 code and all archive packages to Downloads. I will commit every public release.

Anyway, I'm extensively working on Favorite places saving, some other features like busy indicator (status panel), some bug fixes, are done. The Favorites are stored in new Mojo.Depot database. After app start, the favorite places are displayed on the map. Small screenshot preview here:

Click to view quoted image

The Favorites markers are marked with yellow star

In this scene, you can mark/unmark the place as Favorite (new bottom left button)

The favorites are marked in markers list using the same yellow star

Here is the status panel (indicator), in this example is the screen while dropping a pin, I made this panel small and at the end of operation fades out

As you can see, a lot of work.... but I have to stop it today and enjoy two days of public holidays and then weekend. I will be back on monday.
    Great work as always!!!! Any chance it will be possible to rename the favorites too?
    jcmarcos likes this.
  10.    #730  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Great work as always!!!! Any chance it will be possible to rename the favorites too?
    Hmmm, the own name for Favorite place is good idea.... Iīll try it, but canīt promise in 0.2.0.
    The app is looking great. Thanks so much for all you're doing.

Has it been requested to be able to pick a contact as a start or destination address? It's something I've been meaning to ask that I like to use in Sprint Nav. The data format returned looks slightly different between 1.x and 2.x, but it is fairly easy to handle.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi, I can add the needed checks no problem. The more important question is if you still plan to release the app to the HP catalogue.

I would need to switch the integration to use the Navit-Maps app instead of the file manager service if you do, as HP do not allow to use services that are not in there white list.

Navit-Maps is a helper app for Navit that we specially made for this kind of things. The only disadvantage would be that the uses see the Mavit-Maps card open an close before Navit starts.

Hape
    New project site with packages downloads here:
    github.com/72ka/google-maps/downloads
    Thanks a lot
    Great work as always 72ka.
    Google Maps seems a lot more sluggish and processor-intensive on my Pre3 after the last couple of updates. Perhaps to do with the panning fix you mentioned? Sometimes the app doesn't respond at all for a few seconds, even when swiping up to go to card view.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Noticed that (above post) too.
    Jan, lately I noticed that on my Veer with 2.1.2 using 0.1.9 the orientation is often wrong; it starts upside down. I can fix it easiest by turning off the display and turning it on again. Rotating the phone does the trick as well, but it's really quite a pain that way.

Any chance you can see if you can troubleshoot this?
    I tried using Google Maps 0.1.9 today and it was reeeeally slow, then I got a 'Too Many Cards' message, even though the only other app I had open was Messaging.

I'm confident the genius of 72ka will solve it though
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    this has made maps usable on my ancient sprint pre minus so thank you :-) do you have any plans on implementing public transit directions? If not may I out in a request?

EDIT: I realize that the public transit API was not available in the past... I'm resurfacing this request again now because that API is now available. :-) http://venturebeat.com/2012/06/27/go...s-api-transit/

thanks again for making this app.
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Hi, good to have google maps back on WebOS!
    I used the app to get directions recently and now noticed that now as I have to drive the same route again I had to reenter the address as it was not saved last time. Tried to find something like this but do not seem to find a bookmarking feature. Isn't there any, or am I just blind? If there isn't, I think this would be great thing to have.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbert View Post
    Hi, good to have google maps back on WebOS!
    I used the app to get directions recently and now noticed that now as I have to drive the same route again I had to reenter the address as it was not saved last time. Tried to find something like this but do not seem to find a bookmarking feature. Isn't there any, or am I just blind? If there isn't, I think this would be great thing to have.
    The Dev is working on this A list of favorites you can save that will be available after restart of the app. I noticed the same problem. Seems like the favorites option was never implemented yet.