Page 36 of 76 FirstFirst ... 26313233343536373839404146 ... LastLast
Like Tree392Likes
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    0.1.9 doesn't have a problem with displaying grey tiles on a Pre3.

It seems a bit slower (it slowly expands the layer menu). In night mode, the grey flicker is a bit distracting.

But If it's properly displaying the maps on a Pre3, so I don't mind the rest.
    Does anyone else get the 1px vertical gap to the right of the 'Zoom In' button along the bottom of the screen on the Pre3? Alignment must be slightly off.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    My markers don't seem to be saved after a restart in 0.1.9 on Veer 2.1.2. I save the marker, close Google Maps, restart it and the marker is gone? Also it would be great if we could rename the markers like already indicated before by another user.
    JustType search with special characters like Umlauts result in encodeURI characters:

Müller > M%C3%BCller

ČEŠTINA > %C4%8CE%C5%A0TINA

Some other Mojo Apps have this problem by launching from JustType but e.g. "Leo.org" displays it wrong, but handles it right and "ShoppingManager" or "Translator" do handle special chars correctly via JustType.
  5.    #705  
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    Does anyone else get the 1px vertical gap to the right of the 'Zoom In' button along the bottom of the screen on the Pre3? Alignment must be slightly off.
    Hi, this is issue of WebOS scaling... I tried to fix it, but without succes. This issue is only in MOJO command menu with more buttons expanded to full width (100%). If I set fixed width, its withou gap, but the flexible menu is important for landscape mode and for all device compatibility (different screen widths)... generally I don' t like fixed size UI... it is not consistent.
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
  6.    #706  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    My markers don't seem to be saved after a restart in 0.1.9 on Veer 2.1.2. I save the marker, close Google Maps, restart it and the marker is gone? Also it would be great if we could rename the markers like already indicated before by another user.
    Hi, markers saving isn't implemented yet... if you restart the app, all markers and directions are gone.
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Hi, markers saving isn't implemented yet... if you restart the app, all markers and directions are gone.
    OK too bad, waiting for that feature then I sometimes accidentally closed the app and lost everything. Normally that's not such a problem, but I'm in China now for 3 weeks for work and it's good when I can at least find my hotel back LOL
  8.    #708  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    JustType search with special characters like Umlauts result in encodeURI characters:

Müller > M%C3%BCller

ČEŠTINA > %C4%8CE%C5%A0TINA

Some other Mojo Apps have this problem by launching from JustType but e.g. "Leo.org" displays it wrong, but handles it right and "ShoppingManager" or "Translator" do handle special chars correctly via JustType.
    Ou... I forget about it, because I don't use special characters, because Google can handle our words the same with and without these chars. OK... I add it to bugs and I have to fix it. Thanks.

EDIT: fixed, it will be in next release.
    Last edited by 72ka; 07/02/2012 at 06:28 AM.
  9.    #709  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    OK too bad, waiting for that feature then I sometimes accidentally closed the app and lost everything. Normally that's not such a problem, but I'm in China now for 3 weeks for work and it's good when I can at least find my hotel back LOL
    Ou... yeah, you have to wait for this feature.. meantime, you can train your memory
    Seriously... when I find that the Google favorit places store isn´t supported by API, looks like I have to add local storing of places. My idea is to store your places and store history of three last search. It could be better than nothing.
    Ou... yeah, you have to wait for this feature.. meantime, you can train your memory
    Seriously... when I find that the Google favorit places store isn´t supported by API, looks like I have to add local storing of places. My idea is to store your places and store history of three last search. It could be better than nothing.
    My memory for Chinese characters is not that good LOL

Anyway you can use a local DB similar as what you use to store your settings for these kind of things if I'm correct You can make it optional in the settings how many the user would like to save
  11.    #711  
    Hi, when I started the webos developing, I was decided to develop this Google Maps app. The second must-have app for me, who is missing on the WebOS is rainfall animated map like Meteor or Meteoradar for Czech Republic. Now, I´ll try to add overlay from www.meteox.com and voala... the animated rainfall (it animates last 4 shots) for Europe is here:

It´s not for Czech Rep... I have to implement our rain radar.

The Question is, exist similar app with animated radar on Maps for Europe? It is usefull for you? For me is usefull only Czech Republic.

Or... the other way is to make new app, forked from this Google Maps app specialized only for Rainfall.
    I'm not aware of an available rain radar for Germany for Pre3. I used to have one back on the Pre, but it is no longer available. So a rain radar would be highly apreciated! Either in the existing app. Or a standalone app might be good as well, since you can fire it up and directly see the rain, instead of having to load the full maps app and navigate to the rain.
    Quote Originally Posted by ginpre View Post
    I'm not aware of an available rain radar for Germany for Pre3. I used to have one back on the Pre, but it is no longer available. So a rain radar would be highly apreciated! Either in the existing app. Or a standalone app might be good as well, since you can fire it up and directly see the rain, instead of having to load the full maps app and navigate to the rain.
    there is still one for germany (which also touches Czech Rep) from Metaview which uses wetteronline.de: http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...t.norainplease .

As this service is not provided by google directly and you would have to implement different overlays for different countries (continents...), perhaps a seperate app would be better to maintain (but hey we take what we can get here in webOS land ) .
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    there is still one for germany (which also touches Czech Rep) from Metaview which uses wetteronline.de: http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...t.norainplease . .
    Thanks, that was the one I had in mind, but wasn't able to find in neither App Catalog nor Preware.
    See attached that works for NL currently. Could be used with another site I guess. It basically uses 3 animated GIFS I guess from Buienradar.nl - Weer - Actuele neerslag, weerbericht, weersverwachting, sneeuwradar en satellietbeelden

It's from the developer "sinds1984" at palmclub.nl

It's a very easy app, but does what it should do
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I'd like to report several issues with 0.1.9 on a german Pre3 with 2.2.4. When i apply the metaview hack to the index.html the dragging of the map is not working properly. After dragging the map it snaps back to around half the dragged distance.
    This did not happen before.
    In addition when using GPS the application now reacts sort of sluggish. This was better in 0.1.8.
    Other than that: it's been a joy to use your hard work.
    Ou... I forget about it, because I don't use special characters, because Google can handle our words the same with and without these chars. OK... I add it to bugs and I have to fix it. Thanks.

EDIT: fixed, it will be in next release.
    thx for fix but also thx for mentioning that muller gives the same results as müller
  18.    #718  
    Quote Originally Posted by fabianlanco View Post
    I'd like to report several issues with 0.1.9 on a german Pre3 with 2.2.4. When i apply the metaview hack to the index.html the dragging of the map is not working properly. After dragging the map it snaps back to around half the dragged distance.
    This did not happen before.
    In addition when using GPS the application now reacts sort of sluggish. This was better in 0.1.8.
    Other than that: it's been a joy to use your hard work.
    Sounds very interesting... could you send me more information about the "metaview hack to the index.html"? Looks like that the hack doing something with screen size ratio on Pre3.
  19.    #719  
    About the rainfall app, looks like this isn´t problem for you. For me, the application for Czech Republic is missing and I´ll write standalone app for Czech users.
    It means adding "<meta name='viewport' content='height=device-height, width=device-width'>" to the "index.html" in the application folder. Originally to adjust the application to the screensize of the Pre3/to make the application fit the whole screen.