Page 35 of 76 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435363738394045 ... LastLast
Like Tree392Likes
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Hi Pre3 owners...
    Hi 72ka!

If the follow map is active, the map is refreshed each 5th GPS fix - it is very simple and I have idea how to improve it for smoother transition between moves and refreshs. But just for now, let me know, if the refresh works (donīt care about other issues or bugs in this dev version), if you tap and hold to the map drops the pin at the right place etc...
    Thanks for the Pre3 test version. I took it for a 25 mile drive today and it worked great! For the entire trip (in both directions) it showed the map. The screen didn't go grey after driving for a while.

Tap-and-hold to add a pin worked (directions to that location also produced the correct results).

Thanks,
    ---Ben
    Last edited by BenL; 06/26/2012 at 10:37 PM.
  2.    #682  
    Hi all,

this week is hard for me... my collegues have a vacation and I'm in hard working process... I haven' t so much time to the app. But, I started writing localization. When the strings.json will be ready, I'll put them somewhere for you. Everyone, who sends me localized file, will be subscribed as project contributor in About. I', looking forward for this great team work.

By the way, I totally agree with Goyena with suggestion to change the main screen UI. The UI is old and doesn't meet actual requirements. The suggestion is very good, thank you, I think it could be changed exactly as you described.
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    Quote Originally Posted by briest View Post
    I have made GoogleMaps search for USCL; nothing big, copied line-by-line from one of palmuse's searches, but if there are any fellow 1.4.5 users, I hope they'll find it useful.

Installation:

attached .zip contains two files (sources.json, gmaps.jsjsjs); $if$ $you$ $have$ no additional uscl commands installed, create folder named uscl/ on your /media/internal and put both these files there
    OR, if you did install other user-defined uscl commands before -- then you probably know enough to create the search by yourself, but just in case -- put only gmaps.jsjsjs in uscl folder and modify your existing sources.json accordingly, conforming to User-Defined Commands — Universal Search Command Line (remember the commas!).

Then just run .update in uscl -- new search should be accessible thru list and .gm shortcut.
    I've been following this thread pretty consistently, but can someone help me understand this post? What do we have here...what is USCL and do I, a 1.4.5.1 user, need to consider installing this? Is this something 72ka suggests as well? Sorry, I'm a bit limited on my knowledge and may be asking silly questions, I just enjoy webOS and this mapping app particularly.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Good, thanks very much.
    Only little location deviation in china.
    Is there any way to name the pins I've dropped in Google Maps? I can access the list of them but they're impossible to recognise when they're marked just as coordinates.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    what is USCL and do I, a 1.4.5.1 user, need to consider installing this? Is this something 72ka suggests as well?
    No, USCL is excellent Universal Search Command Line patch by dsevil -- closest thing to Just Type we can get on webOS 1.x, and best of all -- it's easily extensible by user (maybe just see for yourself, as this is Google Maps thread, I do not want to write an article about something other). No new functionality here, but searching this way seems more streamlined to me, so when I made this little piece of glue between USCL and GMaps, I just wanted to share it with others.

There is no connection (that I know of) between 72ka and uscl patch (other than gmaps and uscl being both great ).
    new webOS user and I found your program, however after download, the open option reports cannot open mime type.

am I just that clueless ? Want to move away from the miniPad to this neat touchpad.

much to learn.

advice is greatly welcomed.
    http://www.webosnation.com/how-insta...bos-smartphone

well, now I know. :-P

going to retry with those steps once I get to a computer ..

thanks for the laughs.
  9.    #689  
    Translators wanted!

Hi,
    I made Czech translation for our app. Now, I uploaded the translation file here:

http://www.volny.cz/hp2/webos/maps/l...z/strings.json

Just download it and translate it!

How? It is easy, using text editor, for Windows I recommended PSPad, for Linux I recommended anything (gEdit, mcedit, vim,...). You can see the czech translations, just overwrite the czech phrases on the right side in quotation marks to your language. Donīt touch to the left side. Save the file and send me it with description to my e-mail 2hp_at_seznam_dot_cz, which language is, and your name or nick, what will be written in the contributors list in application about.

Now, actual list of volunteers:

Lang - member
    Czech - 72ka
    Spanish - jcmarcos
    French - Kratus
    German - chris42
    Italian - bigdoby
    Dutch - Herrie

Iīm looking forward for translated files.
    Last edited by 72ka; 06/29/2012 at 04:54 AM.
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
  10.    #690  
    Just released the 0.1.9 - it is tested actual development version. I released it, because next week we have a public holidays and I will be inactive. Enjoy the updated version.
    Can you please add an option in the Preferences for the Weather to show temperature in fahrenheit?
    Dutch translation attached
    Attached Files Attached Files
  13.    #693  
    Quote Originally Posted by WknThDg View Post
    Can you please add an option in the Preferences for the Weather to show temperature in fahrenheit?
    Yes, it is planned... but option to generally use metric or imperial, not only for weather. Added to ToDo.
    WknThDg likes this.
  14.    #694  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Dutch translation attached
    Many thanks, it will be released in next version... or, I can send you the package with your translation. Let me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Many thanks, it will be released in next version... or, I can send you the package with your translation. Let me know.
    Next version would do Don't worry
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Wondering if adding public transit directions is in your timeline?
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    It looks like 0.1.9 escaped and is available via Preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by BenL View Post
    It looks like 0.1.9 escaped and is available via Preware.
    Don't worry, I 'caged' it this morning and it's doing just fine...that reminds me...ought to get a rabies shot if I keep going after such wild apps in the future!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I don't get the freezing problem any more with 0.1.9 when selecting Night/Bicycle/Weather/Clouds.

Now could we have a Back button to go back to the previous view?
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Just send you the German translation file.

Greetings
    Chris