Page 34 of 76 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334353637383944 ... LastLast
Like Tree392Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Hi Pre3 owners... I cooked the dirty version, with Pre3 center issue fix (workaround). Who is volunteer to test it?
    Me, as soon as I leave the office! Thankyou so much Jan!

significant improving of map caching... if you launch the app, close the app and relaunch, you can see that the map tiles are loaded immediatelly from cache.
    A great little addition, I'd say. Very welcome.

I dont like huge IDEs for such a small task as WebOS app is... I know developers, who needs only VIM or Notepad and compiler
    I share that opinion: While I'm sold to Microsoft Visual Studio, I still like console and notepad for little things.

When I was coding the linux kernel for PalmOS devices
    Whaaaat? Could you give more details about that?

WebOS coding is nice and sometimes nightmare...
    Coders like you make dreams come true!
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Hi Pre3 owners... I cooked the dirty version, with Pre3 center issue fix (workaround). Who is volunteer to test it? In my emulator works acceptable, the behavior is, if you drag the map and at the drag end the map is refreshed. If the follow map is active, the map is refreshed each 5th GPS fix - it is very simple and I have idea how to improve it for smoother transition between moves and refreshs. But just for now, let me know, if the refresh works (dont care about other issues or bugs in this dev version), if you tap and hold to the map drops the pin at the right place etc...

And, it was secret surprise for 0.1.9, but it is implemented in this dev version, the significant improving of map caching... if you launch the app, close the app and relaunch, you can see that the map tiles are loaded immediatelly from cache... this is very useful, the app time from launch to use is much shorter. Try it! Tiles are cached up to size about 1MB, this is probably limit of WebOS browser cache.
    I vote that as the new webOS Open Source motto: "Cookin' up the dirty version."

1. Pre 3 missing tiles workaround: It seems to be working in that (1) I don't have tiles staying blank, (2) the pin drops where I place it and has the corrected coordinates (checked with desktop GMaps). I can see the flash refresh after I pan the map with a swipe; I don't think that was there before.

2. Dropped pin Streetview: gives me the Streetview for the position in the center of my screen, but not the pin position. I've tested with the pin at the edge of the screen.

3. Streetview bottom button bar menu choice: When I just choose this, Streetview is given for the position in the center of the screen. is this correct behavior? I assume that if you want the Streetview for your own position, you'd hit the "center on my position" button then Streetview.

4. Tiles caching: I think your Pre 3 workaround and/or the GPS being a bit "wobbly" indoors (even though "center on GPS position is not on" is cancelling out this effect. I don't seem to gain any time from this (I'm on wifi). Also, when I open, look, close the app, then open again, I got different views and different zoom levels although I don't manipulate the map. LIke this:
    - open app, scale is at 500 m
    - map tiles are visible, but with the spinning wheel on top
    - spinner disappears, screen flashes and map tiles are refreshed
    - close app
    - open app, scale is at 50 m (and sometimes snapped to my GPS position)

I see that layers are conserved on shutdown...is the last map tiles viewed supposed to be as well, or is it supposed to snap to GPS (even though the Snap to GPS button is off)?

Hope this help. Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you once again for the app.
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    72ka likes this.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    I forgot to comment on the third option of opening Streetview: through the pop-ups of pinned results (e.g. "PIZZA" within 5 km).

It works.

Also, in case you find yourself playing with button position and the like...On the Pre 3, the text on the top bar that displays the search result chosen is always too small in portrait view, so I have rotate to really read. ("pizza within 1..."). Suggestions to mix and match to gain some pixels:

- change the font to non-bold
    - kill magnifying glass (you could replace the redundant "Google Maps" shown here with "tap me or type to search")
    - reduce the margin to the left of the text
    - move the bottom group to the left, and move the "layer/snap to" buttons to a 2 button group on the bottom right (yeah...that gives a crowded screen, but don't forget you could also implement a single tap or other gesture to make the GUI elements vanish and reappear)

All that's for the "non-urgent" to do list of course.
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Hi, Im not using such a sophisticated tools like Eclipse. Im using Geany IDE on Debian linux, with some commands to build and launch in emulator. For debugging helps me debug logs from app, e.g. [CODE]Mojo.Log.info("** SOMETHING ***", this.Somethingvariable); and log is displayed using [CODE]palm-log -f com.you.yourapp

It is simple way, I dont like huge IDEs for such a small task as WebOS app is... I know developers, who needs only VIM or Notepad and compiler
    When I was coding the linux kernel for PalmOS devices, I used only midnight commander edit on the old machine... it was enough, the source highlighting is most important for me, the other functions are expendable.

Happy learning WebOS coding is nice and sometimes nightmare...
    Thanks for the advice!
    Yesterday I happily saw that the Pre 3 trick indeed works, and the position is fixed to the center. Great job Jan! The redraw flicker is disturbing, but bearable. Perhaps you have further tricks in your sleeve to ease that out.

Could you ellaborate on that thing you said, about "coding the linux kernel for PalmOS devices"?
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Why can't I get street view to work on my Touchpad? I have tried different versions, uninstalling and reinstalling, clearing location services and still get the same result. Everything else on the Touchpad seems to work normally but all of the street views look like it is on some sort of acid trip.

Any ideas would be helpful.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gaitch32 View Post
    ... but all of the street views look like it is on some sort of acid trip.

Well...this IS a mapping app which is useful for ANY kind of trip.

I'm sorry, that just slipped out. I don't have anything helpful to say.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    Well...this IS a mapping app which is useful for ANY kind of trip. .
    Ya, I'm putting together the Timothy Leary wallpaper collection while it's acting up.
    Google has noticed that it couldnt keep charging up to $4 for 1,000 map loads above its free allowance. Instead, the company just announced that it is massively lowering its pricing to just $0.50 per 1,000 map loads.

As before, Google will start charging developers once they exceed the free usage limit of 25,000 map loads per day for 90 consecutive days

Google Maps API Gets Massive Price Cut In The Wake Of Developer Defections | TechCrunch
    Why can't I get street view to work on my Touchpad? I have tried different versions, uninstalling and reinstalling, clearing location services and still get the same result. Everything else on the Touchpad seems to work normally but all of the street views look like it is on some sort of acid trip.

mine work fine with 0.1.8 on tp 32g 3.5. Try restart you TP
    Quote Originally Posted by highrock2 View Post
    mine work fine with 0.1.8 on tp 32g 3.5. Try restart you TP

I was fairly sure that this was working for other people. This has been going on since 0.1.5 and I have rebooted many times.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Street view works fine for me on TouchPad with WebOS 3.0.5.

What doesn't work is selecting any of those options on the view menu below Satellite (i.e., Night, Traffic, Bike, Weather, Clouds). The menu item hilights and the map changes appearance (for the Night option at least), but then the menu and the map freezes. The only way out is to exit the app.

Update: to be more precise, Traffic works - I can tap it on and off and the map doesn't freeze. With Night the map changes color, then it freezes. With Bike, the bike paths appear, then it freezes. With Weather and Clouds I don't see any change, but it freezes. I tried different cities in case it's something to do with location - same result. When it freezes, the drop-down menu remains open instead of disappearing. Additional items on the menu can be tapped and they all hilight when tapped (so app not completely frozen?), but menu remains open, map frozen, nothing happens.
    Last edited by Semma2; 06/26/2012 at 05:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Semma2 View Post

What doesn't work is selecting any of those options on the view menu below Satellite (i.e., Night, Traffic, Bike, Weather, Coulds). The menu item hilights and the map changes appearance (for the Night option at least), but then the menu and the map freezes. The only way out is to exit the app.
    I don't know if these problems can be related or not but I just checked mine and the Night, Traffic, Bike, etc. work for me and the app doesn't freeze. I have 3.0.5 also.
    I don't know if these problems can be related or not but I just checked mine and the Night, Traffic, Bike, etc. work for me and the app doesn't freeze. I have 3.0.5 also.
    I have it freezing as well on my Veer, already posted my logs last week, looks like there needs some error handling added to the code.
    Quote Originally Posted by Semma2 View Post

What doesn't work is selecting any of those options on the view menu below Satellite (i.e., Night, Traffic, Bike, Weather, Clouds). The menu item hilights and the map changes appearance (for the Night option at least), but then the menu and the map freezes. The only way out is to exit the app.
    Both SV and all overlay work OK on my TP (3.0.5), so there may be other variables in play.

What other apps are running?

What system patches have you installed?

Are any other apps displaying video display issues? For example, does birds-eye view work in Bing Maps?
  16.    #676  
    Hi,
    at first, about the StreetView on TP, try streetview example here https://google-developers.appspot.co...reetview-embed

If it works, Ill try to find why doesnt work in my app. If not, it is problem at your side or Google side.

About freezing after layer change. If other than Map type and Traffic freezes, it could be cookies saving problem, because Map type and Traffic has different cookies. Try uninstall the app and install again.
    Anyway.. in todo is some busy indicator, it will be easier to determine when the app freezes. Now it isnt handling errors, it coulb be improved for better stability.

Thank to all for reports!

At this time, Im still working on Pre3 issue...
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
  17.    #677  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Whaaaat? Could you give more details about that?
    OK, just for piece of nostalgia

I was a maintainer of linux port to Palm Zire 72 device as Hacking and Development open source comunity. It was very nice, it was pure reverse engineering and my biggest succes was that the Palm Zire 72 was one of most supported device, it was working all except camera. My favorite userspace was Opie. Im writing about year 2007 and linux multitasking device was something exclusive. Im very sad, that ALL MY WORK is gone... I maintained serverwww.palmlinux.cz, gone...backups... gone. Only remains my Palm Zire 72 with SD card with my latest linux release and still works
    And remains many screenshost here Index of /hp2/Obrazky/opie
    Or, if you google "72ka palm linux" you can find some articles or forums...
    Nuevo lanzamiento de GNU/Linux Palm TX para beta Testers | PDA Expertos.com
    Dlouhodob zkuenosti s Linuxem na Palmu - www.PalmHelp.cz
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    jcmarcos and Jozz like this.
    Hi,
    at first, about the StreetView on TP, try streetview example here https://google-developers.appspot.co...reetview-embed.
    It's definitely something on my TP. This didn't work either. I get a blank screen with just the nav arrows. I have all of the standard "speed up" patches from the getting started guide and the only other one that I can think of that might affect it is the Hulu patch but that had been on for months before I started using this. It was working fine until I upgraded to 0.1.5 and I hadn't change anything else. I tried completely erasing the program with Internalz in both applications and packages. Are there any other directories I should be looking at?

Are there any config files or a DB that I can look at? At first I was thinking it might be something in my hosts file but since it is pulling information and is just corrupt, I ruled that out. I'm not afraid to poke around inside files so if you can point me in the right direction as to what this might rely on I would appreciate it.

Everything else on my TP works fine.
    BREAKING NEWS: All credit card PIN numbers in the World leaked. Here is a sample.....0001, 0002, 0003......
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    OK, just for piece of nostalgia
    Im very sad, that ALL MY WORK is gone... I maintained serverwww.palmlinux.cz, gone...backups... gone.
    The Internet Archive (archive.org) has the site in its archives. Can you find your old work there?

Internet Archive:http://www.palmlinux.cz
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    I have made GoogleMaps search for USCL; nothing big, copied line-by-line from one of palmuse's searches, but if there are any fellow 1.4.5 users, I hope they'll find it useful.

Installation:

attached .zip contains two files (sources.json, gmaps.jsjsjs); $if$ $you$ $have$ no additional uscl commands installed, create folder named uscl/ on your /media/internal and put both these files there
    OR, if you did install other user-defined uscl commands before -- then you probably know enough to create the search by yourself, but just in case -- put only gmaps.jsjsjs in uscl folder and modify your existing sources.json accordingly, conforming to User-Defined Commands — Universal Search Command Line (remember the commas!).

Then just run .update in uscl -- new search should be accessible thru list and .gm shortcut.
    Attached Files Attached Files