Page 33 of 76 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast
Like Tree392Likes
    72ka,

You, sir, are doing an incredible job and your Gmap App is indispensable to me. The frequency and quality of the updates continues to astound me.

The only thing I see missing is a donate button in your signature.

Seriously, you were one of the developers I really wanted to donate to on "Buy an App Day" as I happily would purchase your outstanding App that you selflessly donate to the community. The sentiment has not passed and I feel quite sure there are many others who feel the same...

If a donate button does appear I won't wait till next June 6th to use it.

Respectfully,
    R
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    72ka,

You, sir, are doing an incredible job and your Gmap App is indispensable to me. The frequency and quality of the updates continues to astound me.

The only thing I see missing is a donate button in your signature.

Seriously, you were one of the developers I really wanted to donate to on "Buy an App Day" as I happily would purchase your outstanding App that you selflessly donate to the community. The sentiment has not passed and I feel quite sure there are many others who feel the same...

If a donate button does appear I won't wait till next June 6th to use it.

Respectfully,
    R
    I can help point you in the donate direction for 72ka's wonderful Google Map work. Go to the very first post of this thread, scroll down a little and there is a DONATE button which will take you to paypal I think. It works, I've done it, several have and it would be a great idea...why not do it on Father's day (starts in a couple of minutes where I'm located) since 72ka is a new Dad!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Donation link here:
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    @72ka,

I really appreciate your app, and the work you are doing on it.
    I would like to have it displaying all its messages in my native language, and therefore I am ready to make all the necessary translations. I am sure that many others here will help too, so we could get a multilingual app.
    I am pleased to see that UI localization is already on your ToDo list.

Therefore, all that needs to be done in you code, is inserting some $L() functions, as described here.

If you want and add all the required functions, I am ready to help you by creating and maintaining the required string list files, and make the coordination with all the other translators. So this process would not slow down the peace of your work, what we surely do not want.

I am even ready to insert the functions in the code for you, if you send me the latest state of your work.

Feel free to do as you want, this is just a proposition.

And, again, thumbs up gor your great work.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  5.    #645  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    @72ka,

I really appreciate your app, and the work you are doing on it.
    I would like to have it displaying all its messages in my native language, and therefore I am ready to make all the necessary translations. I am sure that many others here will help too, so we could get a multilingual app.
    I am pleased to see that UI localization is already on your ToDo list.

Therefore, all that needs to be done in you code, is inserting some $L() functions, as described here.

If you want and add all the required functions, I am ready to help you by creating and maintaining the required string list files, and make the coordination with all the other translators. So this process would not slow down the peace of your work, what we surely do not want.

I am even ready to insert the functions in the code for you, if you send me the latest state of your work.

Feel free to do as you want, this is just a proposition.

And, again, thumbs up gor your great work.
    Hi, thank you... translation is in ToDo and Im looking forward to your contribution!

Now I spent a lot of time on Pre3 screen issue... Im sad, because many hours wasted for nothing, Im still at the same point. The Pre3 in case of right mojo UI size scales up every image to 1.5, every means map tiles too... but the projection of map is a div with original size. I tried everything, experimented with meta viewports.... nothing.
    Looks like that the only way will be native scale 1:1, it means smaller UI like in some first early versions....
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Im sad, because many hours wasted for nothing, Im still at the same point. The Pre3 in case of right mojo UI size scales up every image to 1.5, every means map tiles too... but the projection of map is a div with original size. I tried everything, experimented with meta viewports.... nothing.
    Looks like that the only way will be native scale 1:1, it means smaller UI like in some first early versions....
    hhm could this be one reason for the webos switch from gmaps to bing maps, which also was with 2.2 (first Pre3 release). Aren't there any contacts in the webos dev team to help with perhaps undocumented workarounds?
    translation is in ToDo and Im looking forward to your contribution!
    Then, count me in for a spanish version.

spent a lot of time on Pre3 screen issue... Im sad, because many hours wasted for nothing, Im still at the same point. The Pre3 in case of right mojo UI size scales up every image to 1.5, every means map tiles too... but the projection of map is a div with original size. I tried everything, experimented with meta viewports.... nothing.
    That looks ugly indeed, Jan. I'm sorry you are forced to waste time on things that simply should not happen. So there's no way of knowing real screen geometrics in Mojo? From what I remember about HTML, if there's some nasty after render scaling, it's impossible for the application to know.

Would this problem demand an specific Pre 3 version? That's unbearable. Could you add some multiplier constant, depending on a device model check?

Can you, at least, get to know when the dot is being drawn outside of the screen, and issue a redraw, like when the user changes zoom?
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Now I spent a lot of time on Pre3 screen issue... Im sad, because many hours wasted for nothing, Im still at the same point. The Pre3 in case of right mojo UI size scales up every image to 1.5, every means map tiles too... but the projection of map is a div with original size. I tried everything, experimented with meta viewports.... nothing.
    Can you do something like this -- done to get taps off of a scaled canvas on a Pre3:
    Code:
                    var elementPos = Mojo.Dom.viewportOffset (element);
    		var x = event.down.x - elementPos.left;
    		var y = event.down.y - elementPos.top;
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  9.    #649  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    That looks ugly indeed, Jan. I'm sorry you are forced to waste time on things that simply should not happen. So there's no way of knowing real screen geometrics in Mojo? From what I remember about HTML, if there's some nasty after render scaling, it's impossible for the application to know.
    Hi, Im affraid that my english skill isnt enough to explain the issue. But Ill try it.

Render scaling works well, as documented. The back compatibility with 320x480 screens provides the meta tag with content paremeter:

All webOS devices except Pre3:
    Code:
    <meta name='viewport' content='initial-scale=1.0, minimum-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0, user-scalable=no, height=device-height, width=device-width">
    Pre3 meta tag (index.html file):
    Code:
    <meta name='viewport' content='initial-scale=1.0, minimum-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0, user-scalable=no, height=device-height">
    This is the whole trick of back compatibility to low density screens.
    Pre3 needs to omit width parameter, or set as 320px (in portrait mode). Then, the pixel ratio is set to 1.5 and UI looks the same size as older devices. You can set any width and the scene will be resized as you need, e.g. if you set width 640px, the scene will be 2 times smaller. It works well, but not well together with google API.

Would this problem demand an specific Pre 3 version? That's unbearable. Could you add some multiplier constant, depending on a device model check?
    Hi, this is implemented since (if I'm right) 0.1.5 version, during dragging, the map is moved 1.5times more... but, this doesn' t solve the problem.. if you drag the map more and more, then the tiles are not loaded, you can see the grey space, because the map is moved more than the Google API "know". Strange.

Can you, at least, get to know when the dot is being drawn outside of the screen, and issue a redraw, like when the user changes zoom?
    No way... because the coordinates of the dot are correct, in the center of a map, but the map center doesn't correspond with screen center. I'm very disappointed of this... Pre3, as top WebOS smartphone with such a issue....

At this time, the center corresponds only if the map loads new tiles and the map wasn't moved. Interresting thing, if the map is moved, with grey spaces, etc... and then you open the About or License menu and swipe back, the API loads new tiles and the center is correct. It could be a way (more hack than a proper way), but I can't find any way how to reload the tiles programatically, not documented in API....

Anyway, if I call the function for getting the screen coordinates of the dot, I get wrong coordinates. The app consist of layers.. from the bottom:

map tiles layer (map images)
    projection layer (converts coordinates between map (lat and lng) and mojo UI)
    mojo UI screen layer

And the whole issue looks like the:

map tiles are 1.5x scaled = correct
    projection layer = problem, looks like not scaled and this make the offset... center, as origin is correct and far from center is offsetted 1.5times
    mojo UI screen layer = correct, response is in proper scale

Anyway, it could be a Google API issue. Android devices supports meta tags with screen density in their frameworks, and the map API for Android is special. We are only the public API and it is designed to 1:1 scale.

I uploaded the whole source code of the 0.1.8 app here: http://www.volny.cz/hp2/webos/maps/source/0.1.8.ZIP

For Pre3 gaming, you can looks to index.html and see, how I constructed the api request and change any in meta tag. And, almost whole code is in main-assistant.jsjsjs.

I'm stuck at this issue, not taste to improve the app if not works properly on Pre3... It MUST be solved (although it will take a long time), no way to go next with such a issue. The whole device compatibility is the base of demands of this app.

Jan
    jcmarcos likes this.
  10.    #650  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Can you do something like this -- done to get taps off of a scaled canvas on a Pre3:
    Code:
                    var elementPos = Mojo.Dom.viewportOffset (element);
    		var x = event.down.x - elementPos.left;
    		var y = event.down.y - elementPos.top;
    Tried on map container... the top and left is always 0 0 - this is correct, the map container is always at 0,0 because is fitted to whole screen, not positioned. And the x and y is the same as event.down.x and event.down.y.
    Hi, Im affraid that my english skill isnt enough to explain the issue. But Ill try it.
    Thankyou very much for such a detailed explanation... and the source code! If only I could help you some way. I know you'll find a fix for this, even if it's with an ugly timed full redraw, which looks as the only way to solve it. Or getting in contact with an insider webOS developer over at Palm, but I fear there are less of them every day...
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
  12.    #652  
    Looks that is a Google API problem, Im deeper and deeper in Pre3 issue and all what Pre3 does, does correct, only the Google API returns always wrong numbers. I found usable workaround - if I set map pan by more pixels than device screen size and immediatelly back, the map is refreshed with correct center. I implemented it after each end of drag to call the refresh, it is visible transition, but usable. Now I CAN move the map everywhere and drop a pin to correct place. Next, the blue dot pannig could be corrected by the same horrible workaround - e.g. I can correct each 10th map move.
    I dont like workarounds... but I cant looks into the Google API source, where is the problem, Ill try implement this workaround and test it, and add to ToDo to fix this better.
    Pre3 is probably only one high-density-screen device with non-Android or iOS system, (where is special API) and Google doesnt support any WebOS device in their API and may contain bugs, if I look to the Google API changelog, is full of bugs.

Okay... I know the way, lets sleep and continue tommorow...
    jcmarcos likes this.
    what pre3 does, does correct, only the google api returns always wrong numbers. I found usable workaround - if i set map pan by more pixels than device screen size and immediatelly back, the map is refreshed with correct center.
    Woohoo! Jan's the man!

Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Get traffic conditions in 7 new countries and updates in 19 existing ones.
    Tuesday, June 19, 2012 at 4:00 PM
    Google Maps has expanded live traffic coverage to include 7 new regions in 7 new countries including Belarus, Estonia, Latvia, Mexico, Peru, Romania and South Africa.
    (Google Lat Long)

Booger...still no traffic for France through the APIs. (Or Czechy for that matter.)
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
  15.    #655  
    And Google updated its streetview in Czech Republic.. small villages too, great. Looks like at these days is battle between map companies (Apple - new maps, Nokia maps, etc...) it is good for us, users. I hope that the Traffic will be supported sooner than WebOS death.
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    re: traffic. Me too, but from what I understand, it's because Google buys the service in France, and the terms and conditions of its use prevent them from making available in their API. :-(
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    It's getting more and more exciting!
    Hi,

I am learning Webos app development recently, but couldn't find a useful development. What I am really missing is a debugger. Now I am using (in Ubuntu linux) Eclipse with Aptana plugin, but i is lack of a debugger.

If you could share, that'll be really appreciated!
  19.    #659  
    Hi Pre3 owners... I cooked the dirty version, with Pre3 center issue fix (workaround). Who is volunteer to test it? In my emulator works acceptable, the behavior is, if you drag the map and at the drag end the map is refreshed. If the follow map is active, the map is refreshed each 5th GPS fix - it is very simple and I have idea how to improve it for smoother transition between moves and refreshs. But just for now, let me know, if the refresh works (dont care about other issues or bugs in this dev version), if you tap and hold to the map drops the pin at the right place etc...

And, it was secret surprise for 0.1.9, but it is implemented in this dev version, the significant improving of map caching... if you launch the app, close the app and relaunch, you can see that the map tiles are loaded immediatelly from cache... this is very useful, the app time from launch to use is much shorter. Try it! Tiles are cached up to size about 1MB, this is probably limit of WebOS browser cache.

DOWNLOAD Pre3 test dev version here: http://www.volny.cz/hp2/webos/maps/c...re3fix_all.ipk
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
  20.    #660  
    Quote Originally Posted by highrock2 View Post
    Hi,

I am learning Webos app development recently, but couldn't find a useful development. What I am really missing is a debugger. Now I am using (in Ubuntu linux) Eclipse with Aptana plugin, but i is lack of a debugger.

If you could share, that'll be really appreciated!
    Hi, Im not using such a sophisticated tools like Eclipse. Im using Geany IDE on Debian linux, with some commands to build and launch in emulator. For debugging helps me debug logs from app, e.g.
    Code:
    Mojo.Log.info("** SOMETHING ***", this.Somethingvariable);
    and log is displayed using
    Code:
    palm-log -f com.you.yourapp
    It is simple way, I dont like huge IDEs for such a small task as WebOS app is... I know developers, who needs only VIM or Notepad and compiler
    When I was coding the linux kernel for PalmOS devices, I used only midnight commander edit on the old machine... it was enough, the source highlighting is most important for me, the other functions are expendable.

Happy learning WebOS coding is nice and sometimes nightmare...