Page 32 of 76 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132333435363742 ... LastLast
Like Tree392Likes
  1.    #621  
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Latitude please?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Hi, it is problem... it is possible to update your latitude location, for this task, exists applications for that. But, Google API doesnt support to get locations of your friends. When I started make this applications, I thought that it could be possible, but now, I think It couldnt. Sadly... or, if any of you know, how to do it, some articles, or apps (NOT WEBVIEWS of google mobile sites), Im open to gain all informations...

Anyway... 0.1.8 just released!
    Last edited by 72ka; 06/14/2012 at 02:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post

STOP IT! You are doing too much and we don't know how to manage all the updates...we're only human! Have mercy on us!

OK, so I'm kidding about 'stop it'. We love what you are doing. It is exciting to see so much growth in a new app. You are doing great work and we would love for it to keep coming...as long as you pace yourself and enjoy living your life too!

When your son is old enough, take him on a bike ride...now you can find your way around...even at night...in the rain!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    1.9...YAY! Thanks, Jan. We love you!

Also, now that NDrive has abandoned webOS, there is all the more reason for a great map app like yours.

Edit after browsing the 1.9 version: HOLY *****! Google Maps is now better on my Pre 3 than on my desktop. Nyah nyah.
    Last edited by Goyena; 06/14/2012 at 10:03 AM.
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I tried the new 0.1.8 from home.

When zoomed out, the clouds look nice against the night-mode background.

Taking a peek at Cambridge, MA the bike mode shows bike trails.

While it is waiting to download new maps or respond to a zoom out (or in) gesture, could it display a "waiting" symbol like an hourglass or a spinning circle?
    Please add 0.1.8 (and all future versions) to your archive.
    Nice work as usual. It just keeps getting better...
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Great app, thanks a lot!

Anyway: Would it be possible to use the compass of the Pre3 to automatically rotate the map instead of aligning it always to north?
    Quote Originally Posted by hamiller View Post
    Great app, thanks a lot!

Anyway: Would it be possible to use the compass of the Pre3 to automatically rotate the map instead of aligning it always to north?
    Although I don't think it uses the compass, but rather uses location data and motion to detect direction of travel, the current version supports rotation of the map. It is only experimental right now, but it worked for me on my Pre+. It is under preferences...Map Heading.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by BoRn View Post
    Download attachment - email it to your phone - download it - make sure preware has the ipk association enabled and just click on the ipk attachment. That's all - you won't regret you've done this. This is the best map app I've ever used. I think this is more complete than anything and doesn't deserve alpha or beta label.
    I just installed 0.0.2 last night and there we have the 0.0.4 with all the fixes reported. Didn't try it on the TP but will once I get home
    Where can i downlaod it?
    Quote Originally Posted by conghongz View Post
    Where can i downlaod it?
    You can search it using Preware, or just browse to the first post of this thread.
    Really sucks about friends latitude. Thanks for looking into this. Are you still planning to proceed with updating self-position on latitude ? and the loading of My Maps?

The new update looks awesome. I would actually use this over many weather apps. Even if it was on Android I'd use this as a weather app. Anyway to add Farenheit to the preferrences? (and miles per hour) for us USA folk.
  11.    #631  
    Quote Originally Posted by WknThDg View Post
    Please add 0.1.8 (and all future versions) to your archive.
    Nice work as usual. It just keeps getting better...
    Added...
  12.    #632  
    Hi, I read latest posts and I find some ideas good and added to ToDo preference for units (metric, imperial) and some busy indicator, I think that the best could be some like status bar with busy indicator and short text...

Anyway, Im working on Pre3 issues... So, Im deeper and deeper in issue and the big problem is, that the Pre3 device pixel ratio is 1.5, but the Google API recognize the ratio 1.0 for map projection. And, screen tap coordinates are different from map coordinates projection. It is not the worse, it could be recalculated. The worse is, if you drag the map, the ratio between screen and map coordinates is offseted.... map tiles center fits only after load new tiles.
    Situation... start the app, dont move with map, try tap and hold to place a marker, marker is placed to the right place. Drag the map twice or more and do it again, tap and hold... the marker is placed to other place than tapped.... strange. And this is common with the follow map issue.
    In this case, the Pre3 is my nightmare....
    jcmarcos likes this.
    Im working on Pre3 issues...
    For which me, and I guess many other people, are full of gratitude. Yesterday, I put your app head to head to my brother's own map system (which takes tiles from different sources), running on an Acer Iconia Tab with Windows 8. Aside from an amazing fluid experience (putting webOS lack of hardware acceleration), function-wise, your app was way ahead.

Have you though of some way for following the directions, in order to have a kind of turn-by-turn navigation? That'd be killer. Talking about kills, yesterday I received the expected message from the NDrive folks, explaining why they have to quit webOS market. Pity, because it is a great application.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Thanks for the insight into what could have been a flagship device. *Boom* another webOS hype busted - infinitely and easily scalable...nope. I was wondering (and waiting) why those map tiles just wouldn't show up.

The clouds overlay is awesome. I find myself zooming back to continent level just to play amateur meterologist.

A completely silly idea: using clouds against "Roadmap" view makes the clouds difficult to see, since the stylized view of the map naturally has a lot of white.

Is there anyway to tweak the color of the clouds....saaaay, make them "hot pink" or purple?

This is...uh...obviously not one of the more "important" to do's. (although the question IS meant seriously)
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Situation... start the app, dont move with map, try tap and hold to place a marker, marker is placed to the right place. Drag the map twice or more and do it again, tap and hold... the marker is placed to other place than tapped.... strange. And this is common with the follow map issue.
    In this case, the Pre3 is my nightmare....

I was wondering why I have difficulty in obtaining the streetview for the location centered in the display.

Occaisionally, when choosing Streetview from the marker's own menu, I get a completely differenct address. Is this part of the same Pre 3 buggy behavior?
    i installed the latest version ,everything is awessom (no words to describe ur webos-esque philanthropy )but when i am trying to select different views the App hangs .... even it is selecting 2-3 or more views simultaneously (i.e. where in actual it should deselect the first one after i select different view but in my case both are showing selected and the App does nothing it just hangs...tried 5-6 times..same result all the time )
    i dont know why ..otherwise everything is running PERFECT

again BEST MAP APP ON ANY PLATFORM & CONGRATULATIONS
    pixi plus (webOS 2.1)>pre2>HP Veer>touchpad
  17.    #637  
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    I was wondering why I have difficulty in obtaining the streetview for the location centered in the display.
    Exactly... Now it is explained why.

Occaisionally, when choosing Streetview from the marker's own menu, I get a completely differenct address. Is this part of the same Pre 3 buggy behavior?
    Hi, this is other issue, the marker object contains his coordinates and streetview is called with this coordinates. But... And this is important, in application is streetview looking for nearest street photo available in radius 50m! If you have marker on street, where doesn't exists street photos, but the next street in 50m radius has photos, the app then shows different street. If this make problems, I can decrease the radius.
    I understand you, that you are confused if the app shows you another street and doesn't pops the message of missing street view
    Or I'm totally wrong with this explanation. For sure, can you send me exactly the place, where this difference occured?

Thank you and enjoy the weather, not only in the app...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  18.    #638  
    Quote Originally Posted by tovivekmishra View Post
    i installed the latest version ,everything is awessom (no words to describe ur webos-esque philanthropy )but when i am trying to select different views the App hangs .... even it is selecting 2-3 or more views simultaneously (i.e. where in actual it should deselect the first one after i select different view but in my case both are showing selected and the App does nothing it just hangs...tried 5-6 times..same result all the time )
    i dont know why ..otherwise everything is running PERFECT

again BEST MAP APP ON ANY PLATFORM & CONGRATULATIONS
    Hi, switching between layers is connection data consuming. I have the same problem on my Pre on EDGE, the looks like hang, but only waits for data.... This is common with new todo about some busy indicator, that the user will be informed about it.

Thank you, I don't think that is the best map app, but I'm trying to gain as much as possible from Google API offer. I can't understand, why Palm/HP wasn't updated original maps in such a big developer team...

Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    After 10 or 15 minutes of driving it just shows a grey area (no map or blue dot). If I park for a few minutes the map doesn't reappear. Sometimes panning or resizing will make the map reappear.

I first noticed the problem with 0.1.6 and still see it with 0.1.7 and 0.1.8. (I don't think I used it for driving before then). I'm using a Pre 3 with a few patches (I can make a list them if it would be helpful).

I like the app (it's interesting to watch it evolve).
    Hi, switching between layers is connection data consuming. I have the same problem on my Pre on EDGE, the looks like hang, but only waits for data.... This is common with new todo about some busy indicator, that the user will be informed about it.

Thank you, I don't think that is the best map app, but I'm trying to gain as much as possible from Google API offer. I can't understand, why Palm/HP wasn't updated original maps in such a big developer team...

It actually seems to be the problem when no GPS fix was done yet? I'm at home via WiFi, GPS is on, but doesn't fix inside the building....

2012-06-16T02:57:52.233933Z [1762] palm-webos user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: cz.72ka.googlemaps: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'Night' of undefined, file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/cz.72ka.googlemaps/app/assistants/main-assistant.jsjsjs:$1363$
    2012-06-16T02:58:06.944057Z [1777] palm-webos user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: cz.72ka.googlemaps: Error: An exception occurred in the 'main' scene's cleanup() method., palmInitFramework367:2569
    2012-06-16T02:58:06.946245Z [1777] palm-webos user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: cz.72ka.googlemaps: Error: Error: Cannot read property 'LastLoc' of undefined, line undefined, file undefined, palmInitFramework367:2569

Added more logs, after GPS fix, with Veer 2.1.2:
    2012-06-16T03:14:55.847570Z [2786] palm-webos user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: cz.72ka.googlemaps: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'Night' of undefined, file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/cz.72ka.googlemaps/app/assistants/main-assistant.jsjsjs:$1363$
    2012-06-16T03:15:08.581987Z [2798] palm-webos user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: cz.72ka.googlemaps: Error: An exception occurred in the 'main' scene's cleanup() method., palmInitFramework367:2569
    2012-06-16T03:15:08.584314Z [2798] palm-webos user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: cz.72ka.googlemaps: Error: Error: Cannot read property 'LastLoc' of undefined, line undefined, file undefined, palmInitFramework367:2569
    2012-06-16T03:15:48.688468Z [2839] palm-webos user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: cz.72ka.googlemaps: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'Weather' of undefined, file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/cz.72ka.googlemaps/app/assistants/main-assistant.jsjsjs:$1323$
    2012-06-16T03:16:03.344892Z [2853] palm-webos user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: cz.72ka.googlemaps: Error: An exception occurred in the 'main' scene's cleanup() method., palmInitFramework367:2569
    2012-06-16T03:16:03.349106Z [2853] palm-webos user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: cz.72ka.googlemaps: Error: Error: Cannot read property 'LastLoc' of undefined, line undefined, file undefined, palmInitFramework367:2569
    2012-06-16T03:16:15.752726Z [2866] palm-webos user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: cz.72ka.googlemaps: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'Cloud' of undefined, file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/cz.72ka.googlemaps/app/assistants/main-assistant.jsjsjs:$1341$
    2012-06-16T03:16:27.837078Z [2878] palm-webos user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: cz.72ka.googlemaps: Error: Error: Cannot read property 'LastLoc' of undefined, line undefined, file undefined, palmInitFramework367:2569
    Last edited by Herrie; 06/15/2012 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Even with GPS fix it's quirky, this is on 2.1.2 Veer!)