Page 31 of 76 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast
Like Tree392Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    No. As already stated, this is against Google's terms of service.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Google announced they are adding offline maps
    Google to offer more 3-D, offline maps - CNN.com
    Quote Originally Posted by z123 View Post
    Google announced they are adding offline maps
    Google to offer more 3-D, offline maps - CNN.com
    We'll have to wait and see if they reserve it for their devices or share the 'love'.

Cant wait to see Apple's upcoming solution. I hope it's a game changer and that APIs follow soon after.
    Quote Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post
    We'll have to wait and see if they reserve it for their devices or share the 'love'.

Cant wait to see Apple's upcoming solution. I hope it's a game changer and that APIs follow soon after.
    Apple and open API's? I doubt it.....
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    can you fix the southern hemisphere bug when using google service? Each time I use this apps, it always take me to nowhere above north pole..

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynet View Post
    can you fix the southern hemisphere bug when using google service? Each time I use this apps, it always take me to nowhere above north pole..

Thanks in advance.
    I don't know whether it is your use case, but if I load the program on my Pre 3 with GPS on I get a good southern hemisphere fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynet View Post

Thanks in advance.
    shhh... That's where Santa's workshop is located...although I did hear he was outsourcing some toy manufacturing to China.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Anyway... I was gaming with nice features of v3 API, I made dark theme for map (for me is usable in the night) [...]
    A dark theme for driving at night is useful. My old Garmin GPS used to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by BenL View Post
    A dark theme for driving at night is useful. My old Garmin GPS used to do that.
    I liked this feature on my old Garmin iQue 3600. It turned on automatically based on your location and time of day (local sunset). Easy on the eyes during nighttime driving. Is auto on a possibility here with Google Maps?
    It's been a couple of days with no posts in this thread...that is unusual. 72ka...you aren't potty-training already are you? THAT can keep a Dad busy!

BTW, happy Father's Day on Sunday.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    I liked this feature on my old Garmin iQue 3600. It turned on automatically based on your location and time of day (local sunset). Easy on the eyes during nighttime driving. Is auto on a possibility here with Google Maps?
    +1
    I liked this feature as well. Doesn't work so well in the summer in Iceland as the sunset and sunrise are on the same day and it gets confused.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    yeah still eager waiting for the "add to contacts" feature to hit the main audience But hey with two new-born the map-child has to wait a bit.

btw. i saw that the google v3 places api perhaps allows to get the single address_components so that the same fields could be filled in webos, instead of having formatted_address to be filled in streetadress field in webos (i was lazy when providing this code)

https://developers.google.com/maps/d...ails_responses
    https://developers.google.com/maps/d...ngAddressTypes

Well for the start and in webOS devices (does not separte in contact-card) it does not matter, but if these Contacts get synced with e.g. Exchange you will see Street, City, Postalcode, Country... all in Outlooks Street-Field.
    I am still wondering if anybody else has a problem with Street view being blank. It just quit on me when I upgraded to 0.1.5 and i haven't been able to get it back since even with uninstalling and going back to 0.1.4.
  13.    #613  
    Hi, I was very occupied these days (by my family)...
    But, Im done with search for coordinates. It was horrible, I implemented recognizing 7 types of coordinates format. Commonly with this feature i made a function for "drop pin" using tap and hold on the map. Next implemented the Bike, Clouds, Weather layer and Night theme... for this time, Im creating the icons and doing testing. Hope it will be soon released. And.. the Add to contacts will be included, sure.
    When I was a time, I have to read your posts...

About the new Apple or Android maps... the API is always a year back than these maps... Im not afraid that the news will be in API sooner than in one year...
  14.    #614  
    Quote Originally Posted by gaitch32 View Post
    I am still wondering if anybody else has a problem with Street view being blank. It just quit on me when I upgraded to 0.1.5 and i haven't been able to get it back since even with uninstalling and going back to 0.1.4.
    Hi... have you some patches in the system? Especially in browser?
    Jan, got any idea for the map panning problem? Can I help in any way?
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
  16.    #616  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Jan, got any idea for the map panning problem? Can I help in any way?
    Hi, as I see, you have this problem on Pre3... looks like that this issue is common with wrong centering problem, etc...

The problem is, that the map scale is 1:1 and the UI (panels, bars, etc..) are 1:1,5 - this is the solution of HP for back compatibility with standard resolution devices. After start, the map is well centered and center coordinates match the screen center. But after some map resizing (open some menu, rotate, etc.), the map center is in offset to the screen center.
    So, Ill try to fix this issue in next version... (in 0.1.9, because now Im finalizing the 0.1.8)
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    the map scale is 1:1 and the UI (panels, bars, etc..) are 1:1,5 - this is the solution of HP for back compatibility with standard resolution devices. After some map resizing (open some menu, rotate, etc.), the map center is in offset to the screen center.
    Hey, I think you've nailed it! I always thought it had to be some coordinate translation problem, always sensitive to declared pixel density (which can be real or fake, to favour compatibility, as in the Pre3). But how come you didn't see this in the emulator? Or is the emulator different to a real device in this respect?

So, Ill try to fix this issue in next version... (in 0.1.9, because now Im finalizing the 0.1.8)
    That'll be great, Jan, thanks a million!
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Latitude please?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Could the current zoom setting be maintained when executing commands. eg Centre on current position.
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Latitude please?
    yes please.