Page 30 of 76 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
Like Tree392Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    0.1.7 doesn't seem to be available in Preware for my Pre3 (UK).
    Grab it from the archive then (link in post #573).
    Quote Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post
    Grab it from the archive then (link in post #573).
    It's okay, suddenly became available today!
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
  3.    #583  
    Hi, thank to user gizmo21, I added the possibility to add place to the Contacts. I find this feature usefull and thanks to gizmo21 for this hint and the code. As usually, there was a problem with WebOS 1.x ... but I fixed it and the app is still compatible through all webos versions.

Well... after my three days of developing inactivity its time to look, whatīs next in ToDo ...
    gizmo21 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Well... after my three days of developing inactivity its time to look, whatīs next in ToDo ...
    Thx for adding the contact feature (can i share the Pastebin of your contact code here, could be usefull for many other developers).

And I would have an new request (yeah, yeah i know, always bugging). There are LOC coordinates in your apps Markers info and e.g. in the SMS patch "Location sharing in Messaging", Geocaches... . At the moment this format "37.393175, -122.041737" is recognised by the HP Bing Maps App correctly and if i enter it to just type and google it it also is displayed in a google search (37.393175,-122.041737 - Google Maps) , but clicking it in the webOS browsers google search, it links to the old "Click here to download new Google Maps app", which just opens the app cat with HP Maps to download.

Entering the coordinates via just type to your maps app, does not work and also typing in directly in the app does not work.

1. is it possible to recognise the coordinates in your in app search field and
    2. can you change the default handler for LOC location coordinates in webOS, as you did for adresses?
  5.    #585  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    1. is it possible to recognise the coordinates in your in app search field and
    2. can you change the default handler for LOC location coordinates in webOS, as you did for adresses?
    Well... Iīll try it, your right, it is usefull sometimes to put the coordinates.

Anyway... I was gaming with nice features of v3 API, I made dark theme for map (for me is usable in the night) and just for fun, it can be displayed the actual clouds map and weather

Loook at the screenshot, applied dark theme with clouds and weather - looks so nice.

The question for all is, may I implement it? Itīs more funny than important feature....
    hunland likes this.
    Well... Iīll try it, your right, it is usefull sometimes to put the coordinates.
    Anyway... I was gaming with nice features of v3 API, I made dark theme for map (for me is usable in the night) and just for fun, it can be displayed the actual clouds map and weather

Loook at the screenshot, applied dark theme with clouds and weather - looks so nice.

The question for all is, may I implement it? Itīs more funny than important feature....
    oh well just to show off in front of our iOS, Android friends and if it ain't to much work to do it as seperate layer, do it
    do it. as long as it doesn't increase load times by too much. why not. and any thoughts on adding "sign in" and/or latitude next on the todo list?
    that's pretty cool, but it definitely should be an option to turn on and off. I might use it...but then, I've been told I AM a little off already!
    I was logging in to request what todays discussion is already about. It will be very useful to have that old palm feature back! Thanks in advance for the update.
    I just noticed the kmph while driving. Awesome. Anyway to choose mph for us backwards american folk?
    Quote Originally Posted by whemix View Post
    @72ka - is including an option to route direction via Train / Buses in your roadmap? Right now there are only options for Drive, Walk and Bike - it would be great to have this option as well.
    I don't get it--trains and buses follow fixed routes, so why would you want a routing for them? You have no control over them (as you do for driving, walking, and biking), so on the face of it, such functionality seems pointless. Please explain.
    Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    I don't get it--trains and buses follow fixed routes, so why would you want a routing for them? You have no control over them (as you do for driving, walking, and biking), so on the face of it, such functionality seems pointless. Please explain.
    What he means is that all the other map apps have an ability to find the best transit options to get from point A to point B.

IE: A bus leaves from Point A to Point B in the next 5 minutes and will take 10 minutes
    A train leaves from Point A to Point B in the next 6 minutes and will take 3 minutes

It's the only reason I'm not using this app right now.

Click to view quoted image

Weather theme looks nice and fun. Looking at feedback you may add it as an option in the layer menu?
    Weather would be great to have as an option indeed Maybe add a button to toggle the overlay?
    Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    I guess you're no using much of public transportation but if you're not familiar with the time table of different routes or the buses/trains themselves that could be time/money saver. Especially when you need to change buses and/or trains.
    P.S. I'm not using public transportation either but I used to for a long time.
    In the new maps Google is making for Android they are allowing downloading the tiles. Google's 'next dimension of Maps' liveblog -- Engadget

Hope we can get this functionality if Google allows it.
    Now they're talking about 3D stereoscopic imaging Google's 'next dimension' of Maps event | CNET looks pretty neat.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2Ē about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by Henkdroid View Post
    In the new maps Google is making for Android they are allowing downloading the tiles. Google's 'next dimension of Maps' liveblog -- Engadget

Hope we can get this functionality if Google allows it.
    That will not happen, Google doesn't care about WebOS at all. They only care about Apple, funny thing because since they poached/stealing more employees from Palm, they should be more interested in creating apps for WebOS platform. But apparently, it doesn't matter to them......
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    That will not happen, Google doesn't care about WebOS at all. They only care about Apple, funny thing because since they poached/stealing more employees from Palm, they should be more interested in creating apps for WebOS platform. But apparently, it doesn't matter to them......
    No, what the truth is that Apple doesn't care about Google Maps anymore as they are about to release 'Apple iMaps'.
    Nokia/Microsoft use their own Bing/Nokia Maps.

So Google has to provide a good API to have developers making apps for these devices so that google can use their costumer data to make money, cause this is their main business model.

And that is good for webOS, as long we have such devs like 72ka who can implement potentially all functions the free api provides.

So my hopes for maps are much better.
    Hello again! Those talks about caching maps into devices sure are interesting: Yesterday, I fall in need for some, as in my trip back home, I suffered blank screens a couple of times. But surely, Google will allow only selected apps to store maps. Which is also good for them: Less work for their servers.

Remember my map panning problem? Thanks to Jan's archive, I went back to 0.1.5 version (which oddly required removing the current 0.1.7), just to see what I expected: The map still doesn't pan enough when following position. You can see the dot slowly leaving the center of the screen, until it disappears by a side, after a couple of kilometers (depending on zoon level, and both in regular and rotating map view).

Some days ago I said this was a problem with latest version, but I fear the problem has always been there, just passed unnoticed to me until now.

Jan even offered a special debug version, and I'm ready for more tests, as this is a really strange problem that I don't see anyone else suffering, and that doesn't show up in Jan's emulator setup. Can there be any screen geometry difference, that spoils the calculation about the offset of the map onscreen? Remember, if I zoom in and out, forcing a full map redraw, the dot immediately pops into the center.

Finally, the traffic information is so cool! Yesterday, this mobile phone of mine confirmed that, indeed, I was into the usual 18:30 traffic jam in Madrid. Do you know if Google takes traffic into consideration when asked for directions?
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...