Page 28 of 76 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast
Like Tree392Likes
  1.    #541  
    Hi, the 0.1.6 is out! I spent many hours of coding the Markers list scene and I think, that the result is very good. The scene is designed as minimalistic as possible, renders only markers and lists, what are present.
    Enjoy the new version!

About previous questions:

1) I'll try to add option to override language settings, because many users are using different country formats than native

2) About the behavior of marker popup menu.. I can do the menu popup after "Route To" ... no problem
    jcmarcos likes this.
    -

I hope everyone who uses this app already went here and pushed the >>Donate<< button, to give some motivation.

btw. great way to implement the "My Location" option in directions
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Hi, the 0.1.6 is out! I spent many hours of coding the Markers list scene and I think, that the result is very good.
    Oh my, you just blow my mind. I've donated again and, at this pace, I'm sure it won't be the last time.

The locations scene is a great idea, but it doesn't avoid duplicates: I've searched twice for the same exact direction, and it shows up twice too. It would be great also if the list was saved somehow (best use Palm profile), so I can have a list of common places at my fingertips.

Great, great job! Your kid can be very proud of his dad!
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    This app keeps getting better & better! I may have to donate again!

The little images for 'Road', 'Satellite', 'hybrid' etc. look good, however I think they may prove a little difficult to differentiate from a distance.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Hi, the 0.1.6 is out!
    Yeah!

2) About the behavior of marker popup menu.. I can do the menu popup after "Route To" ... no problem
    As someone who mentioned that, "Thank you".
    Fantastic overall, but I detected something yesterday that I don't remember in earlier versions: The map doesn't keep up with the location, while using the follow location feature (you know, that icon on the top right).

While driving my car with heading option, I could see how the location spot was at the center in the beggining, but slowly crawled up until it dissapeared on top of screen. It's position was correct, as I could note when passing crossings, or below bridges. It's the map that wasn't scrolled down at the same pace. Of course, the effect is more obvious the more zoomed in you are.

I thought the solution would be to tap again on the follow location icon, but the only way to see my location on screen was to change zoom back and forth.

I also don't understand why, after making a route, the map is zoomed out, to show the whole route on screen. I don't see how it could be useful. I'd rather have the starting location shown, with a standard zoom level.

These are the only two inconveniences I've found, in an app that has me amazed since the start.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    I actually prefer the entire route to be shown after I ask for directions., but once I tap on the 'forward' button to show the first 'turn' I would like it to zoom down to the appropriate zoom level. I think Bing maps does this, it zooms to a level that shows the turn you selected and zooms to an appropriate level to also allow the next turn to be visible on the screen.

What I do now is after getting my directions where the whole route is shown on the screen, I tap the 'center map on my location' button (top right crosshairs that turn blue...a nice touch by the way...when you are locked on my current position) and perhaps tap zoom out 1 or 2 times to get a comfortable zoom.

Can I say it again like others have...we are so thankful 72ka for this wonderful app you are working on. It is great, and it keeps getting greater.

And on a lighter note...or maybe heavier one...How are those poopy diapers coming along? Fast?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

jcmarcos likes this.
    First app in awhile I have been genuinely excited about on WebOS. Thank you!

A couple of humble suggestions:
    - make the position dot a bit smaller
    - when moving, add direction indicator to position dot. Leave it up if you were travelling and stopped (nice to see which way you are facing when you stop at a sign/light and look down to the phone)

And a feature request:
    - add an option to SMS/Email current position to a contact, either as raw GPS coordinates, or as a google maps URL

Thanks for the very clean and functional app. You are clearly passionate and dedicated to our beloved platform, and it is much appreciated!
    : (){:|:&};:
    after download "this file format not supported". I have a Pam Pixi in Washington state. Would love to get Google Maps. Anything I can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by BjornBen View Post
    after download "this file format not supported". I have a Pam Pixi in Washington state. Would love to get Google Maps. Anything I can do?
    Have you installed Preware?
    With the previous version (0.1.4 was the last I used) I had the default mapping application set to GM and tapping the address from contacts opened GM. After update to 0.1.6 looks like it's back to opening the dreaded Bing Maps
    Already tried re-starting and re-setting the default Maps app.
    This is on PrePlus running 1.4.5
    Global Posts
    1 Global Posts
    I love this app so far. I have a question though:

Is there anyway to make it so that if I search online that homebrew google maps will automatically open if I touch a map in a yahoo or google search?

I'm going to attach a picture to better explain what I mean.

google map example.jpg

While using my HP Veer, if I click on the map to view it, the Homebrew google maps app does not automatically open. How can I get it to?
  13.    #553  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Fantastic overall, but I detected something yesterday that I don't remember in earlier versions: The map doesn't keep up with the location, while using the follow location feature (you know, that icon on the top right).

While driving my car with heading option, I could see how the location spot was at the center in the beggining, but slowly crawled up until it dissapeared on top of screen. It's position was correct, as I could note when passing crossings, or below bridges. It's the map that wasn't scrolled down at the same pace. Of course, the effect is more obvious the more zoomed in you are.

I thought the solution would be to tap again on the follow location icon, but the only way to see my location on screen was to change zoom back and forth.
    Hi... the map is always centered while the compass icon is "active" (it lights) until you tap the map. I tested it now in emulator and on my device and this feature works. Are you sure, that you didnīt interrupted it by touching the map?

I also don't understand why, after making a route, the map is zoomed out, to show the whole route on screen. I don't see how it could be useful. I'd rather have the starting location shown, with a standard zoom level.

These are the only two inconveniences I've found, in an app that has me amazed since the start.
    This is a feature.. I like it, it is very useful to see immediatelly, where is the way, through what cities etc...

Generally, this is a problem.. the app couldnīt fit absolutely to each person... other case, someone need bigger blue dot, someone smaller... and... what to do? Any hints?
    I think that the best solution have Rockbeast, to zoom after direction arrow button tap to waypoint. It is good enough?
    Or I can make dozen options...
  14.    #554  
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    A couple of humble suggestions:
    - make the position dot a bit smaller
    - when moving, add direction indicator to position dot. Leave it up if you were travelling and stopped (nice to see which way you are facing when you stop at a sign/light and look down to the phone)
    - add an option to SMS/Email current position to a contact, either as raw GPS coordinates, or as a google maps URL
    Hi... your suggestions are very good, only the size of position dot is questionable... since the first version, I made it two times bigger upon a user feedback... you have to force other users
    Other suggestions, I added it to ToDo... Thank you.
  15.    #555  
    Quote Originally Posted by cerenoc View Post
    With the previous version (0.1.4 was the last I used) I had the default mapping application set to GM and tapping the address from contacts opened GM. After update to 0.1.6 looks like it's back to opening the dreaded Bing Maps
    Already tried re-starting and re-setting the default Maps app.
    This is on PrePlus running 1.4.5
    Weird... I tested it again in emulator and there works like a charm (WebOS 1.4.5)... try delete the app and install again and make all settings again please and let me know.
  16.    #556  
    Quote Originally Posted by nitekitty View Post
    I love this app so far. I have a question though:

Is there anyway to make it so that if I search online that homebrew google maps will automatically open if I touch a map in a yahoo or google search?

While using my HP Veer, if I click on the map to view it, the Homebrew google maps app does not automatically open. How can I get it to?
    You, you explained it very well. This a problem on the system side, the system ignores calling from browser to the default map app and still launch the factory default map app (Bing). At this time, I donīt know more about it... maybe others know more? It is not documented....
    While driving my car with heading option, I could see how the location spot was at the center in the beggining, but slowly crawled up until it dissapeared on top of screen. It's position was correct, as I could note when passing crossings, or below bridges. It's the map that wasn't scrolled down at the same pace.
    the map is always centered while the compass icon is "active" (it lights) until you tap the map.
    Sure, I know. By the way, could you center the map on every tap of the compass icon? I know it shoould be useless, as map should be centered always when compass icon active.

I tested it now in emulator and on my device and this feature works. Are you sure, that you didnīt interrupted it by touching the map?
    Very sure, I could reproduce it every time. It's very strange, as I don't remember this behaviour in previous versions, and I don't think you've done anything to the map panning. Any idea for further testing?

after making a route, the map is zoomed out, to show the whole route on screen. I don't see how it could be useful.
    This is a feature.. I like it, it is very useful to see immediatelly, where is the way, through what cities etc. The app couldnīt fit absolutely to each person.
    You are very right. I think the mistake was on my part: I didn't realize those arrow buttons on bottom left, that take me to all the points in the route.

Or I can make dozen options...
    Please don't! More so, when the "suggestions" came from an unknowledgeable user like me. I will try to test that map panning issue again.

since the first version, I made it two times bigger upon a user feedback...
    Personally I can't understand the utility of the huge sized dot and specially the extra large circle around the dot. At the very least, the circle should be made more translucent so as to not obscure the view as much as it does now. Also, is there a reason why the HP Map app allows more zooming than this app? For some reason I seem to recall that even with Google maps one could zoom in least one more level than currently possible.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Hello,

That's a great app, thanks! Bing Maps is really not usable in Europe.

I went to France recently and noticed that traffic didn't appear at all for France. It's working with Google Maps on web and was working on former google maps app on Web OS. It seems to work fine for any other country except France. Do you know why? If you look at all Europe from your app you should observe that too.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er dp View Post
    Hello,

That's a great app, thanks! Bing Maps is really not usable in Europe.

I went to France recently and noticed that traffic didn't appear at all for France
    72ka said:
    For this time, my ToDo is full... I am working on traffic, it will be quite hard task to show traffic in Europe, like France and my country, because of Google doesnīt support these countries and Iīm affraid, that there will be some legal restrictions.
    (perhaps this should be added to "Known Issues")