Page 27 of 76 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 540 of 1504
Like Tree392Likes
  1. #521  
    The 0.1.5 update broke street view on my Touchpad. All I see is the navigation arrows and a blank screen.
  2.    #522  
    Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    The map seems to come up faster, but the "Route to..." and "Route from..." selections from the pin tag still don't work. Tapping an address in Contacts still loads Bing, even though GM is set as the default for addresses.
    Hi... if you tap to Route To or From, then open the directions, the field Origin or Destination is not filled with the marker address? I know, thereīs no help how the app works... the correct behavior is, if you tap to Route To, the Destination is set up in background, and then, if you open the directions panel, the destination is filled.

    About the Contacts-Bing - I donīt know HOW to set up the map as default (not for Just type) ... I canīt found the menu where I can do this... please help me, or describe me, how did you do this.
  3. #523  
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post

    ....

    About the Contacts-Bing - I donīt know HOW to set up the map as default (not for Just type) ... I canīt found the menu where I can do this... please help me, or describe me, how did you do this.
    Device Info - Menu>Default Applications
  4. hape's Avatar
    Posts
    556 Posts
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    #524  
    Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    First test on TouchPad:... Tapping an address in Contacts still loads Bing, even though GM is set as the default for addresses.
    Hi,

    to me it looks like a bug in the mapping request handling of webOS 3.0.5. I did the address part for the Navit Maps app.
    You can also select it as default mapping app for addresses and webOS 3.0.5 ignores it too.
    In webOS 2.x.x it work for both apps (Google Maps and my Navit Maps).

    My guess is that the code in the contacts app from webos 3.0.5 ignores the setting and is hard-coded to com.palm.app.maps (That is now the app code for bing maps and was the same for the old google maps app)

    Hape
  5. #525  
    As I said yesterday, brilliant work! But I still have that issue with directions: The "update directions" function seems not to update at all. This is the scenario: Make a route, go halfway, and update directions. The starting point ("My location") is not where you are right now, halfway, but still the original one when you first built the route.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

    Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
  6.    #526  
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    Hi,

    to me it looks like a bug in the mapping request handling of webOS 3.0.5. I did the address part for the Navit Maps app.
    You can also select it as default mapping app for addresses and webOS 3.0.5 ignores it too.
    In webOS 2.x.x it work for both apps (Google Maps and my Navit Maps).

    My guess is that the code in the contacts app from webos 3.0.5 ignores the setting and is hard-coded to com.palm.app.maps (That is now the app code for bing maps and was the same for the old google maps app)

    Hape
    Hi... I googled it, looks like it is not documented and really the WebOS 3.0.5 ignores it... or it is a webos bug, because if you can select the app and then is still launching Bing maps...
  7.    #527  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    As I said yesterday, brilliant work! But I still have that issue with directions: The "update directions" function seems not to update at all. This is the scenario: Make a route, go halfway, and update directions. The starting point ("My location") is not where you are right now, halfway, but still the original one when you first built the route.
    Yes, it is a bug... I have to fix it... thank you!
  8.    #528  
    Hi, I have had today some free time and I made the base of markers list (look at screenshot). Why I decided to do this now? Because when the list will be done, then I can make improvements in directions using this list for selecting any place from list using some button near the directions panel text fields.
    I will be off for a whole weekend, enjoy the actual 0.1.5 version and stay tuned for 0.1.6.

    On the screenshot is actual early stage of the list, basic design and styling is done, next week task is make sorting function and some other functions for interacting with user.

    Have a nice weekend.

    checkmate and jcmarcos like this.
  9.    #529  
    Quote Originally Posted by gaitch32 View Post
    The 0.1.5 update broke street view on my Touchpad. All I see is the navigation arrows and a blank screen.
    Try device restart. Still blank screen? In my emulator works like a charm.. anyone else with the same problem?
  10. z123's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    #530  
    great app, can we have an option to save the route directions to a text file
  11.    #531  
    Quote Originally Posted by z123 View Post
    great app, can we have an option to save the route directions to a text file
    Hi, which format? And reason why to do this? In my opinion, I have never used the route export in any other apps...
  12. z123's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    #532  
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Hi, which format? And reason why to do this? In my opinion, I have never used the route export in any other apps...

    plain text , just in case the data connection is lost for some reason, it is like a backup before starting a trip
  13. z123's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    #533  
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Hi, which format? And reason why to do this? In my opinion, I have never used the route export in any other apps...
    ok, don't worry about it, I'm using a pixi plus and I can save the route description using 'print screen' to get a screen capture and then view it in the 'photo viewer'
  14. scotf123's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    #534  
    Great app!!!
    I'm in Canada and would like the directions in English. Is this possible?
  15. #535  
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Hi... if you tap to Route To or From, then open the directions, the field Origin or Destination is not filled with the marker address? I know, thereīs no help how the app works... the correct behavior is, if you tap to Route To, the Destination is set up in background, and then, if you open the directions panel, the destination is filled.
    Got it--didn't know that's how it worked. Any chance of changing GM to go straight to the directions results from "Route..." rather than requiring the extra taps? Or am I missing something about why it's been done this way?

    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    About the Contacts-Bing - I donīt know HOW to set up the map as default (not for Just type) ... I canīt found the menu where I can do this... please help me, or describe me, how did you do this.
    On the TP, open Device Info, then swipe down the app menu--Default Apps is one of the menu items.

    Thanks for the labor of love.
  16. #536  
    Quote Originally Posted by gaitch32 View Post
    The 0.1.5 update broke street view on my Touchpad. All I see is the navigation arrows and a blank screen.
    Street View works fine in 0.1.5 on my TP (3.0.5).

    What webOS version are you running?

    I uninstalled 0.1.4 before installing 0.1.5. Perhaps give that a try?
  17. #537  
    for the export directions option, why not make use of our great copy/paste features in webOS. I could think of some cards in googlemaps where a activated 'select all' and 'copy' from the ever present 'edit' Menu could be usefull:

    - directions (save for offline or send to a friend)
    - info screen of pins (copy infos to new contact e.g. new pizza delivery, or send LOC or adress to a friend)
    - your new dropped pins list (to send suggestions where to go)

    The good thing about copy/paste is you can use it everywhere else, be it a note, a txt-file, message or email.
    Last edited by gizmo21; 05/19/2012 at 09:47 AM.
  18. #538  
    In Directions, the number of characters for the locations is too small - some addresses just do not fit. Can this be fixed, please?
    Thx,
    Shneor
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    bethel95 likes this.
  19. #539  
    Quote Originally Posted by scotf123 View Post
    Great app!!!
    I'm in Canada and would like the directions in English. Is this possible?
    Same question here.

    With my settings (Language: French, Location: Canada), it seems that directions are in Catalan. The language code for Catalan is the same than the country code for Canada, so I guess that the source of the problem is that the app sends the country code instead of the language code to Google.

    From what I read in earlier posts in this thread, this is intentional, but has unfortunate consequences for us Canadians.

    Request to the author: Could you add an option to override this so that we can explicitely set the language? Alternatively, I don't mind hacking my copy, so could you just give us a hint at where in the app's code is the language set?
  20. BenL's Avatar
    Posts
    74 Posts
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    #540  
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Hi... if you tap to Route To or From, then open the directions, the field Origin or Destination is not filled with the marker address? I know, thereīs no help how the app works... the correct behavior is, if you tap to Route To, the Destination is set up in background, and then, if you open the directions panel, the destination is filled..
    After clicking on "Route To/From Here", could it automatically switch to the Directions page for me?

    (manually switching to the Directions page showed the starting point and the end point filled in, but I didn't know to switch pages until I read this post)

Posting Permissions