Page 26 of 76 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
Like Tree392Likes
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Check out xwTweak - it lets you switch off the accelerometer. There's a patch to add it as a menu element in sconix's Advanced Device Menu. I use both just fine on my Pre 3 (2.2.4).

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenL View Post
    Some way to turn of the Pre3's screen rotation would be nice. It makes it hard to read if you try to rotate the screen to get the roads on the map to match your point of view, and it automatically rotates the screen (landscape vs portrait mode).
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    If being able to read the labels is important, don't turn on map rotation. It's off by default.
    I'm pretty sure that y'all are talking about two different things.

@BenL: Are you referring to the way that the screen rotates when you physically rotate your phone (I.e., the screen changes from portrait to landscape, and vice versa)? If I'm right, then is what you're asking for a "screen rotation lock" button or Prefs option?

@Grabber5.0: I think you're referring to the new "Map Heading" feature (which does have a Prefs setting) that causes the map to always put the direction of travel heading "up" when the map is in follow mode. It's true that 72ka has used the term "map rotation" to describe this feature in a recent post, but I think that's causing some confusion here. I'd suggest we stick to calling it the "heading option", or something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    Check out xwTweak - it lets you switch off the accelerometer. There's a patch to add it as a menu element in sconix's Advanced Device Menu.
    I must be missing something. What does that have to do with the GM app, and why would you want to do it?

Thanks for explaining.
    I think I'm to blame for this rotation, heading, whatever discussion: I was asking for a way to disable map rotation (heading, actually), because it's hard to read street names when they are upside down. Of course, the app has a preferences switch to turn it off, which amazingly I completely forgot about.

My unly remaining issue with heading is that location pins and banners are so distorted that it's better not painting them, until you stop moving, which makes and the heading go to zero, providing a non rotated view where these elements can be drawn without distortion.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
  5.    #505  
    Hi, I have a bad news... looks like that Google disabled API v3.6 , what was the only one version what was running on WebOS 2.2 devices properly. If you have Pre3, the markers are trimmed and scaled and unable to click them.... I'm very disappointed. The app is requesting v3.6 and from today is forced back the v3.7....
    Please WebOS 2.2 users for confirmation... just open the maps and try place some marker and let me know, if you can click them.

EDIT 9:42 AM:

And the good news, I`m not only one with marker click problem... and I finally found the solution, how to make it work on the latest nightly API builds... itīs undocumented, but works well. And in this happines I change the marker images again, because previous markers wasnīt in HD. I downloaded some new icons in HD resolution and applied them for Pre3. Look at the screenshot - looks beautifull.
    Anyway, because the actual version 0.1.4 isnīt working now (because of API change), I have to freeze the dev version, and test it, and upload as soon as possible. Please wait.

Last edited by 72ka; 05/17/2012 at 02:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Please WebOS 2.2 users for confirmation... just open the maps and try place some marker and let me know, if you can click them.
    If placing a marker is done just by tapping somewhere on the map, no way on my Pre 3 with webOS 2.2.4.

I've red your latest solution to the problem, and I'm twice as much amazed as before!
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    If placing a marker is done just by tapping somewhere on the map, no way on my Pre 3 with webOS 2.2.4.

I've red your latest solution to the problem, and I'm twice as much amazed as before!
    +1 for no markers, i dont think it used to do that any way (pre3) also the pins seem to be too big and only show part of them, but i think you have that fixed for your next update
  8.    #508  
    Hi, just uploaded the 0.1.5! I hope that this version comes with more positives than bugs... itīs very hot... it wasnīt time to testing... ToDo: update the first page of this thread... no time, I have to go... maybe afternoon.
    jcmarcos likes this.
    Hi, just uploaded the 0.1.5! I hope that this version comes with more positives than bugs... itīs very hot... it wasnīt time to testing...
    Updated... KICKIN' A-S-S!

Hi, just uploaded the 0.1.5! I hope that this version comes with more positives than bugs... itīs very hot... it wasnīt time to testing... ToDo: update the first page of this thread... no time, I have to go... maybe afternoon.
    not seeing it in preware yet?
  11.    #511  
    I'm sure that is in preware. My wife's Veer app was updated from Preware.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jetz View Post
    not seeing it in preware yet?
    I downloaded 0.1.5 from preware for my pre3 (2.2.4)..
    still no luck, no update showing, still on 0.1.4

pre3 2.2.4 as well
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Got it. Looking good. (Pre3 (v2.2.4))
    Looks great and amazing work. One thing though, when you search for pizza for example and the pins show on the map, it will easier to navigate if you have a list view of the results as well.

So pins on the map then a button that will take you to a list of these results.

Great work again, keep it up. Webos will come back
    Last edited by mbasrawi; 05/17/2012 at 03:00 PM.
  16.    #516  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbasrawi View Post
    Looks great and amazing work. One thing though, when you search for pizza for example and the pins show on the map, it will easier to navigate if you have a list view of the results as well.

So pins on the map then a button that will take you to a list of these results.

Great work again, keep it up. Webos will come back
    Yes, I agree with you. I planned list with sorting option (by distance, by rating)... ToDo for next versions.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    finally got the update
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jetz View Post
    still no luck, no update showing, still on 0.1.4
    How often do you have Preware update its data base? Try forcing it to do an update?
    Quote Originally Posted by BenL View Post
    How often do you have Preware update its data base? Try forcing it to do an update?
    i had updated it everytime. i have update on preware launch, swipe close, open preware, update feeds, and then it wouldnt show up, until a couple hours after
    First test on TouchPad: Addresses now paste in without requiring a second edit event. The map seems to come up faster, but the "Route to..." and "Route from..." selections from the pin tag still don't work. Tapping an address in Contacts still loads Bing, even though GM is set as the default for addresses.