Page 24 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1419202122232425262728293474 ... LastLast
Like Tree392Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by anseld1986 View Post
    So, it sounds like it's part of the Contacts app that is causing the directions to be requested, rather than Google Maps defaulting to this. I tested this theory with the Calendar app (with Ubercalendar installed) and when you tap the location field and select Map, it opens GM and goes directly to the address. If you tap the location field and select Directions, then it opens GM, waits for a GPS fix, and then shows how to get there.
    Long story short, it sounds more like a patch is needed to change the function in Contacts to a "display map" type of call rather than a "display directions" type of call.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Interesting. I had missed his post about Contacts requesting directions, and hadn't thought of clicking a location in a calendar event. Now it makes sense. I also have Ubercalendar, so I got the popup asking what I wanted to do with the address. It's a shame we can no longer verify how the old Google Maps app handled the requests from Contacts, since they've shut down the server piece (though perhaps a patch could fool it into returning the API instead of that page saying to install the HP Maps app).

I agree with having an override in settings for this, since it sounds like he wants to put it in the app catalog.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  2.    #462  
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    you do not need to add an extra ToDO entry. The function to prevent the device from going into sleep mode also prevents the switching to the exhibition mode on a touchstone.

HaPe
    Hi... you're right and thank you! . I tested it now on my home touchstone, I added this feature today and now I froze the version and I'm in testing phase. Hope that the update will be soon released.
  3. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Baby Pics?
    Quote Originally Posted by R_E View Post
    Baby Pics?
    Maybe you missed post #445?
    Hi

I am very eager to use the new Google maps on my Hp Veer...I downloaded the .ipk file and mailed to my phone, but the error is " cannot find the application to open this file".Can you please help...

I am not an expert and hence may need step by step instructions please...
    Make sure the downloaded app ends with .ipk then use Internalz or Preware to install (it should be in the download folder). If you dont have the above apps, you can also download the ipk to your PC and use webOS Quick Install to send it to the device (as well as to install the mentioned apps).
  7.    #467  
    Hi, the 0.1.4 is out! Look at the changelog.... The map rotating is experimental, because this feature was harder than I expected (the base is easy... get google tiles div elements and apply webkit rotate transformation), but google API is preventing from doing this using div html elements without ID, the rotating centering was problem, overlaying elements etc... I released it today, because i performed the test in public transport bus and the result is usable... but be patient, I found some minor bugs in this. I'm looking forward to your feedback, if it will be same as mine: sometimes the blue dot is hidden, when car is not moving, the velocity persist at 4km/h in top menu, quite big CPU usage... thats mine todays findings after releasing
    It will be fixed in next version.
    Jozz, BenL and checkmate like this.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Hi, the 0.1.4 is out!
    Yay!

I just tried it on my Pre3. I used the preferences to ignore direction requests when called by the address book. It makes Google Maps easier to use for me. (can it be made to go straight to the location, instead of waiting for me to press the search button?)

Thanks!
    Just want to say this is a fantastic app, and way beyond the old GM and Bing maps.
    The street view is such a great feature, much better than iOS.

thanks for this!
    Preware is AWESOME!!!!
    Anyone else having issues installing the latest version?

Vas
    Great feature to have always override directions as you can easily select it in the red pin menu. Btw i really like this red pin 3D look in the map.

As for a much later version i have some feature requests:
    I could think of a button*for "my location" (or in dropdownlist like webos bing maps) at every field in directions. This would be useful if entered some wrong text and would like to have "my location" again.

Also the switch button to easily swap*from/to in directions.

Also history of the last 5 locations would be nice.

Well just look to webOS-Bing Maps directions menu to get the idea.

Thx for this great app.

And always think real life's first... so take your time with your family.
    Thanks. That worked great for my phone. My Touchpad is still launching the Maps app for both contacts and calendar, so I haven't been able to check it there. What the heck is the default application setting for if the stock apps are going to ignore it??

If you need any ideas on the problem of not having an exact match on the incoming address, let me know. Based on the quality of the rest of the app, I think you probably can take care of it.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    I had no trouble installing 0.1.4 on my Pre3
    Location fix is supported by LBS and Google location and then, the GPS fix is very fast. I dont know, why are Bing Maps so slow...
    is web... and links to download my apps isn' t in correspondance with webosnation rules...
    Thank you Jan for this app. Great!
    quick question - location fix on version 0.1.4 isn't working on my HPTouchpad 3.0.4. I don't have bluetooth-GPS. Can this app use the wi-fi Location Services already available. On touching the "locate me" icon top-right of the app, there's "Wait for GPS fix" error. Or, is this a problem with "Location Services" on my device? Thanks again. Keep up the great work.

UPDATED: SOLVED - Touchpad Settings -> Location Services menu -> Enable Google Location Services :-)
    Last edited by hptuser; 05/14/2012 at 11:29 PM. Reason: SOLVED
    Quote Originally Posted by hptuser View Post
    Thank you Jan for this app. Great!
    quick question - location fix on version 0.1.4 isn't working on my HPTouchpad 3.0.4. I don't have bluetooth-GPS. Can this app use the wi-fi Location Services already available. On touching the "locate me" icon top-right of the app, there's "Wait for GPS fix" error. Or, is this a problem with "Location Services" on my device? Thanks again. Keep up the great work.
    try restart
  16.    #476  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    Great feature to have always override directions as you can easily select it in the red pin menu. Btw i really like this red pin 3D look in the map.

As for a much later version i have some feature requests:
    I could think of a button*for "my location" (or in dropdownlist like webos bing maps) at every field in directions. This would be useful if entered some wrong text and would like to have "my location" again.

Also the switch button to easily swap*from/to in directions.

Also history of the last 5 locations would be nice.

Well just look to webOS-Bing Maps directions menu to get the idea.

Thx for this great app.

And always think real life's first... so take your time with your family.
    Hi, all your mentioned request I have in scope... but it wasn't time to do this... I add it to ToDo to be sure I can't forget it.
  17.    #477  
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post

Vas
    Yes, me when I uploaded the 0.1.4 and trying to install on my wife's Veer, the server was probably busy or something like that... downloaded about after 10 attempts...
  18.    #478  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Thanks. That worked great for my phone. My Touchpad is still launching the Maps app for both contacts and calendar, so I haven't been able to check it there. What the heck is the default application setting for if the stock apps are going to ignore it??

If you need any ideas on the problem of not having an exact match on the incoming address, let me know. Based on the quality of the rest of the app, I think you probably can take care of it.
    Hi... I have the same problem in emulator, I don't know, how to setup the map as default app for map request... I know only how to setup the Just type... any hints from other TP users?
    Hi... I have the same problem in emulator, I don't know, how to setup the map as default app for map request... I know only how to setup the Just type... any hints from other TP users?
    Navit provides voice directions on a TP with an external GPS receiver.
    A few suggestions I have are:

• When typing an address and there is only one 'suggestion' appearing, could pressing the ENTER key automatically select and load that address?
    • Also, with the 'Override Directions Launch Request' set to 'Yes', when selecting an address from the Contacts app, Google Maps loads and then shows the contact's address in the search bar. I then have to click on the suggestion that drops down to show this address on the map, but I would rather it just drops a pin in the map by default. This avoids an unnecessary step.

Looking forward to testing the rotating map!
    HP Pre 3 (UK)