Page 22 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1217181920212223242526273272 ... LastLast
Like Tree392Likes

And at least for the time being...there's no place like home! Enjoy yourselves!!!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    CONGRATS!!!!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Congratulations!

Wishing you all the best w/ everything.

Take lots of pics and clips - start NOW - and dont stop because they grow really fast. Immerse yourself in, and enjoy every moment - including the sleepless nights.

And begin planning his coding lessons. By December we want to see two geniuses working on GMaps 3.0
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    All the best from me too.

One idea about the app naming. What do you think about "Doodle Maps" as reference to the PreDoodle character from WebosNation http://www.webosnation.com/predoodle...-anniversary-0

HaPe
    Contrates on the new born.

Enjoy the moment.
  6. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Now if only there was a baby API he could use to always know what his baby needed .... :P

Congrats!
    Quote Originally Posted by R_E View Post
    Now if only there was a baby API he could use to always know what his baby needed .... :P

Congrats!
    Lets start working on the app art needed...who wants to create the 'poopy diaper' icon?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by BenL View Post
    I am not a lawyer, but taking a very quick look at United States Patent and Trademark Office (US Patent and Trademark Office). It looks like Google owns the trademark "Google" for software on mobile devices.

If you're worried about lawyers, perhaps you could pick a new name that doesn't use "Google"?
    I'm a lawyer, so I'm always worried about lawyers. Given recent events, my suggestion would be: GooGooMaps.
    But what if there's anything taken from the GMaps and utilized into this app even though we did come up with a new name? Will it violate the patent?
    Quote Originally Posted by fahzz View Post
    I'm a lawyer, so I'm always worried about lawyers. Given recent events, my suggestion would be: GooGooMaps.
    Or even GooGa maps

Gurgle Maps
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_gusto View Post
    Gurgle Maps
    I beat you to it in post #417 :-)
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Googly Maps

J/k... I have kids, so I've seen Monsters Inc a few times.
    Why not name the app after his son?
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TUFF Stough View Post
    Why not name the app after his son?
    That's the problem: his son is named Google.

(just kidding)

Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    gizmo21 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    That's the problem: his son is named Google.

(just kidding)

It that were true then he wouldn't have to worry about a lawsuit

17.    #437  
    Hi all, thanks for hints for new app name

Just for information about actual developing state, the smooth zoom and map rotation:

Smooth zoom: there is problem, that the Google map tiles has only scales 2x upward or 1/2x downward. I tried to make functions for resizing the map, it was working, but the side effects was unpredictable.... because google API doesnīt provide these features. It is not possible to upload such a experimental feature. Instead it, I made improvement of API zoom, where the map is responding your pinch gesture.

Map rotation: Generally works, I tested it many times when driving to maternity hospital, the rotation isnīt supported by API and the biggest problem is, that the map is between -45deg to 45deg truncated... and I donīt know why... and other side effect are some drawing artefacts.

Iīm quite sad that the time was probably wasted... For now, Iīm leaving these features and focusing on make app preferences.

About the Contact->Directions .... the app is only listener for external command, "mapto" or "maploc", I have to found, what is contast sending and why my app responding as directions...

Thank you
    Congratulations also from myself!

Just to verify: so is it impossible or barely possible to have your app as the default application for maps? I changed it and other poeple also tried, but still Bing Maps/HP Maps remains my default app for maps.

Thanx!
    Quote Originally Posted by roughty View Post
    is it possible to have your app as the default application for maps?
    Sure, I've easily set it up so. Problem is, after Google Maps starts, it doesn't go to the given direction (for exmple, when you tap in the "Address" field of a contact). But if I search for exactly the same direction, of course it finds it.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Sure, I've easily set it up so. Problem is, after Google Maps starts, it doesn't go to the given direction (for exmple, when you tap in the "Address" field of a contact). But if I search for exactly the same direction, of course it finds it.
    I find everything works more or less as expected with default Maps app set to Google Maps. When I tap the address field of a contact, it fills in the address. Whether the address will then work when you hit Get Directions depends on if this is a valid address. For example, if in my contacts i have an apartment number in the address, that seems to confuse the app and it can't find directions. The way I know that it will get confused ahead of time is it doesn't show a matching address in the "dropdown" below the copied address. So after hitting the address in contacts, even if there's only one matching address, you have to select that from the drop down and THEN hit 'Get Directions'. If there are no matching addresses in the dropdown, it means Google Maps doesn't like your copied input.
    At least that's my take on it.