Page 21 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122232425263171 ... LastLast
Like Tree392Likes
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    So anybody hear any news on the delivery of 72ka version 2? ;-)

Regards to you, your wife and the bouncing baby...girls(s)...boy(s)?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    TUFF Stough likes this.
  2.    #402  
    Hi, not delivered yet... The expected date was yesterday and now it could be every hour.... I have a 'birth holiday'

But when I'll be back, I'll continue in developing!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Hi, not delivered yet... The expected date was yesterday and now it could be every hour.... I have a 'birth holiday'

But when I'll be back, I'll continue in developing!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Translation: 72ka version 2 is still in development by Mrs. 72ka.
    Alpha & beta stages have pasted and there are high expectations that the final version could be released at any time.
    TUFF Stough likes this.
    Going to a friend's house last Friday for the first time in over a year, so I wanted to see the location on a map just to refresh my memory of his neighborhood.

Opened his contact record on my Pre+ (1.4.5.1) and tapped the address; GM opened with the "Get Directions" dialog open. I didn't need directions, but since that was the only option available, I tapped that button--the spinner was still spinning 5 minutes later (guess that doesn't work yet?). Finally had to close and reopen GM and cut/paste address--this worked, but with a lot of added steps.

GM's "Get Directions" dialog really needs a "Map Location" option, so that directions can be bypassed, if not needed.

One more thing: After mapping the location, I tried tapping the arrow on the location pin's tag, selecting "Route to here" just to see what would happen--which was nothing. Both this and the earlier "Get Directions" fail are strange, as I've had no problems getting directions using the "Directions" item in the map options menu (at the bottom of the screen). It's obvious that the direction routine is in the code--it just isn't being called properly in the first two instances.

A final clue: I tried the same sequence on my WiFi-only TouchPad (3.0.5), and everything worked flawlessly and the way I expected it to. Tapping the address in the contact record opened GM and instantly mapped the location--no "Get Directions" dialog. Tapping the pin (no on-screen tag in the Enyo version) and selecting the route icon immediately gave me a good set of directions (even without GPS--Google location services have gotten to be amazingly accurate, at least in our urban area).

Keep up the great work--I really like where GM is going!
    Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    Going to a friend's house last Friday for the first time in over a year, so I wanted to see the location on a map just to refresh my memory of his neighborhood.

Opened his contact record on my Pre+ (1.4.5.1) and tapped the address; GM opened with the "Get Directions" dialog open. I didn't need directions, but since that was the only option available, I tapped that button--the spinner was still spinning 5 minutes later (guess that doesn't work yet?). Finally had to close and reopen GM and cut/paste address--this worked, but with a lot of added steps.

GM's "Get Directions" dialog really needs a "Map Location" option, so that directions can be bypassed, if not needed.

One more thing: After mapping the location, I tried tapping the arrow on the location pin's tag, selecting "Route to here" just to see what would happen--which was nothing. Both this and the earlier "Get Directions" fail are strange, as I've had no problems getting directions using the "Directions" item in the map options menu (at the bottom of the screen). It's obvious that the direction routine is in the code--it just isn't being called properly in the first two instances.

A final clue: I tried the same sequence on my WiFi-only TouchPad (3.0.5), and everything worked flawlessly and the way I expected it to. Tapping the address in the contact record opened GM and instantly mapped the location--no "Get Directions" dialog. Tapping the pin (no on-screen tag in the Enyo version) and selecting the route icon immediately gave me a good set of directions (even without GPS--Google location services have gotten to be amazingly accurate, at least in our urban area).

I think the word "FAIL" is a bit of an overstatement. Especially written in all caps. I mean, GM did find your location, it just went a step further assuming you might want to go there...which you did...I think. But, perhaps you have found a quirk or two that needs to be addressed. It could be a few days before you hear anything from the developer, as he is expecting his significant other to deliver their baby any time now...like, ANY time now. I know, I might have overstated things with those caps

Anyway, I've noticed the issue of tapping "route to here" and it seemingly doing nothing. I think it does one thing though, it does enter the address of that 'pin' into the 'memory' of 'destination' because if I do this (tap 'route to here' and then tap the lower list icon where Directions are one selection, and I select Directions, this address is already in the Destination. But if I search for an address, get the pin but DO NOT (aaaccckkk! Caps again!) tap the pin and select 'route to here' but instead tap the list icon at the bottom and then select directions from that list, no address is listed in 'destination'.

It is a great work on this app, hope to see it continue growing, but we all understand (collective all?) that more important things on the home front take center stage now. Good luck 72ka and family!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    General question... this app is growing more than I have ever expected, and Im not sure, if the name meets the google terms. Who is a good reader/lawyer? Is the "Google Maps" trademark or not? Maybe I have to rename it... some things was posted in the beginning, but now is more than actual to solve this issue.
    I am not a lawyer, but taking a very quick look at United States Patent and Trademark Office (US Patent and Trademark Office). It looks like Google owns the trademark "Google" for software on mobile devices.

If you're worried about lawyers, perhaps you could pick a new name that doesn't use "Google"?
    Quote Originally Posted by BenL View Post
    I am not a lawyer, but taking a very quick look at United States Patent and Trademark Office (US Patent and Trademark Office). It looks like Google owns the trademark "Google" for software on mobile devices.

If you're worried about lawyers, perhaps you could pick a new name that doesn't use "Google"?
    Hey! Lets have a naming contest! Whoever names the app gets to name the ba.... uh, maybe that's not such a good idea.

I do have a suggestion though...it's long, but....

"There and Back Again"

Maybe we could call it TABA? And yes, I stole that from Lord of the Rings.

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    Hey! Lets have a naming contest! Whoever names the app gets to name the ba.... uh, maybe that's not such a good idea.

I do have a suggestion though...it's long, but....

"There and Back Again"

Maybe we could call it TABA? And yes, I stole that from Lord of the Rings.
    That may be copyrighted.
    Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post

It's the same Mojo app regardless on which device you installed it.
    I guess the problem we see is that the dev is trying to cover all the bases from 1.4.5 to 3.0.5 and there are difference on how Mojo works so he has to do a lot of workarounds, which is time consuming and not pretty in code And he has only pre + and pixi as dev devices... and as he said it's very BETA.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    RadMaps...because:

Rad = in English, short for "radical", meaning cool. Also, it's like a derivation of the word "roadmaps".
    Rad = in German, "wheel"...uh, what cars and bikes have
    Rad = in Czech and a bunch of other Slavic languages, "joy" what 72ka has given us; also a reminder of Jan's own happy occasion due around these days. It's also less cheesy than naming it after his new child. (Although I do have a Czech colleague named Radek!)

It's a simple word with international meanings. I love how the platform has fans (like 72ka) in places it hasn't even be released (and even lacking the localization).

Edit: Whoops, the name is probably copyrighted as well, a quick search shows something called Telnik RadMaps for Silverlight, and also "RadMap" for finding radioactive locations or some such.
    Last edited by Goyena; 05/01/2012 at 11:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    ...It's also less cheesy than naming it after his new child...
    HEY HEY hey...

Don't you remember "War Games" with Matthew Broderick? The genius programmer named his ultimate war program "Joshua" after his own son.

Are you saying that fine piece of hollywood joy is cheesy? Are you saying it is sharp cheddar? Oh, EXTRA sharp...got it.

Hmmm.

Mo-Maps
    Goodmaps
    Appian Way, or Via Appia
    Dead End Maps
    Feldman's Maps (as in "Wrong Way Feldman" of Gilligan's Island)

No cheese in there...just corn.

Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Hoohoo. Hey - how bout after my daughter then? Her middle name is "Elvira". (Long story, but named after a Bosnian friend of ours, not the Mistress of the Dark.) :-)

How about MaPOS which kinda looks like WebOS upside down.
    This is what happens in a waiting room...everyone pacing around, waiting for news...wondering what the parents will name the little girl or guy...I don't smoke, but I might have some bubble gum cigars to hand out...anybody?

I'll stop now, I can get a little silly and I've done that so...

Can't wait to hear the news! And I don't mean about what 72ka will name the mapping app...well, I wouldn't mind hearing that too...

How about we name it after my son, Cartograph?
    I was picturing a cheeky name like 'Moogle Gaps'! :-)
    Perhaps Gurgle Naps (carrying on the baby theme)....
    How bout just GM for webOS keep it simple

19.    #419  
    Hi all, succesfully delivered! I was at birth... it was very long (two days in maternity hospital and our longest 5 hours ever in the delivery room), I'm totally drained, no force to read previous post now. I have a boy and he is so beautifull. Admiration of all women, it was more terrible than I ever expected. For today, I was searching for the closest pharmacy... thanks to Google Maps I found it! I'm looking forward to be back in developing. But now, I have to sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.
    Hi all, succesfully delivered! I was at birth... it was very long (two days in maternity hospital and our longest 5 hours ever in the delivery room), I'm totally drained, no force to read previous post now. I have a boy and he is so beautifull. Admiration of all women, it was more terrible than I ever expected. For today, I was searching for the closest pharmacy... thanks to Google Maps I found it! I'm looking forward to be back in developing. But now, I have to sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.
    Na zdravi!

Glad to hear of your new bundle of joy. And see aren't you glad you did all this work to be able to use your app at such a crucial time?

Now eventually you would probably want to implement some Google Latitude functionally so mom can know exactly where you might be with your son when he is with your right?? (hint hint)