Page 20 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021222324253070 ... LastLast
Like Tree392Likes
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    About the Pre3... It surprised me that the Pre3 has a compass! Sooo nice, it could be great to use it! This is so good if you are walking on the street with goole maps! Pushed to ToDo now... (anyway, the ToDo is growing faster than completing the tasks well...I can be sure that I will never get bored
    The compass is in Pre3, Touchpad and Veer.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Yes, it's strange.. sometimes GPS work sometimes not, the same on my wife's Veer, but this problem is in whole system, the same behavior is in all apps what are gathering data from GPS. Weird is, that on my old Pre+ GPS works excellent.
    Hi,

we discussed the GPS Fix problem in the German Nexave Forum and was able to find out that it is a heat problem.
    If you install Govnah an check at the temperature. I get a good and quick GPS fix as soon as the temperature is 37 or above. A restart works for most of the people as the boot time let the processor run at full speed and head the device to the needed temperature.

HaPe
  3.    #383  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Could you somehow cache map tiles into the device?
    Hi, thank you for your report from trip... its full of interresting issues! Thank you. Anyway, the caching of map tiles violates the Google API terms. Im not allowed to do this, even if it would be possible...
  4.    #384  
    Generally, looks like Im almost done with the smooth-zoom trick... it needs more tuning, but works. I will be away for 4 days (weekend and then holiday). Enjoy the latest version and stay tuned for new version

Thank for all donations, I really appreciate them, they are big motivation for me.. not for money, but for to know, that so many people use my app and are satisfied.

See you later!
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Will you be adding transit as an option for directions?
  6.    #386  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsquare View Post
    Will you be adding transit as an option for directions?
    Hi, it was mentioned in previous posts. The Google API doesn't provide transit option for free It's only for application with paid bussiness key.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
  7. dwc
    Awesome work so far 72ka. For the people who don't search/read the entire thread, you might want to put the "no transit support because of lack of API" in the first post (that was going to be my question, actually). Also, I was wondering whether you had any intention of putting this app in the App Catalog? I'd love to support the developers and support HP and the catalog if it's available.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Hi, it was mentioned in previous posts. The Google API doesn't provide transit option for free It's only for application with paid bussiness key.
    How much does the business key cost? If enough people(*) are interested in seeing public transit info, perhaps they could donate enough money to cover the cost of the key?

(*) Not me, I don't live near public transit.
    First off, I'd like to thank 72ka GREATLY for the FABULOUS work he's done on this app. It has a very beautiful interface and runs quite well.

A minor rewquest/suggestion...my biggest use of Google MAps is for publci transportation routes since I don't have a car. I noticed that directions only yields options for walking, biking or driving. Is there any chance you could consider this update in a future version?

Thank you again SO MUCH. LIFESAVER!
    Quote Originally Posted by BenL View Post
    How much does the business key cost? If enough people(*) are interested in seeing public transit info, perhaps they could donate enough money to cover the cost of the key?

(*) Not me, I don't live near public transit.
    From what I recall from BFGmaps, it is VERY expensive.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 04/27/2012 at 06:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cmontalv View Post
    A minor rewquest/suggestion...my biggest use of Google MAps is for publci transportation routes since I don't have a car. I noticed that directions only yields options for walking, biking or driving. Is there any chance you could consider this update in a future version?
    I can understand not reading the entire thread but come on - the three or four posts immediately above yours deal precisely w/ your question.
    Bing does not provide transit directions in my area. However, Google does. It would be cool if you could use Google's transit directions in the app.

Thanks so much for the app, I love it and the fact that it has biking directions.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theretardedonewhoate View Post
    Bing does not provide transit directions in my area. However, Google does. It would be cool if you could use Google's transit directions in the app.

Thanks so much for the app, I love it and the fact that it has biking directions.
    According to 72ka (I think it was in his comments to the front page article), the Google V3 API on which this app is entirely based is limited and doesn't provide this functionality.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    First of all, thanks for your amazing work.Googlemaps works really well on my veer.One thing i have noticed:when i select "street view" the screen remains white and after a short while my veer goes to reboot. Anyone else having this problem?Does street view work on other devices?
    thanks.
    Danilo
    Street view works fine on my Pre 3
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    The compass is in Pre3, Touchpad and Veer.
    Are you sure the Veer has a compass? I have a veer but I haven't found any app using the compass but only the heading using the gps.
    Quote Originally Posted by demichie View Post
    Are you sure the Veer has a compass? I have a veer but I haven't found any app using the compass but only the heading using the gps.
    Device Info>Tests>Interactive Tests - Compass - should tell the story.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    @72ka,

if you need a native french translator, when you will be working on localization, I offer my help.
    please contact me.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Device Info>Tests>Interactive Tests - Compass - should tell the story.
    well, that config window does not contain "compass".. only "GPS" on my veer. ver 2.1.2 build 2296.
    Quote Originally Posted by danilo2k View Post
    well, that config window does not contain "compass".. only "GPS" on my veer. ver 2.1.2 build 2296.
    Well I guess the story is that you don't have a compass. :-)