Page 19 of 76 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223242969 ... LastLast
Like Tree392Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Anyway, yesterday I made trip with the app in my car... I have to implement the rotation of the map depending on heading, because I was confused where to turn my car
    This will be great Thanks
    If you like my applications (SynoMusic, SynoDM, SynoFM) and want to donate for future upgrades and development

Anyway, yesterday I made trip with the app in my car... I have to implement the rotation of the map depending on heading, because I was confused where to turn my car
    you can do this? I love that feature! I don't know if this is possible, but can a rotating north arrow be present while in this mode?
    implement the rotation of the map depending on heading
    Can you really do that?! Looooooooooovely! Also, if you achieve that smooth zooming trick, you'll surpass easily the uber-awsome level!
    Last edited by jcmarcos; 04/26/2012 at 06:49 AM.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    ... I have to implement the rotation of the map depending on heading, because I was confused where to turn my car
    Awesome. Did you know that the Pre 3 has an electronic compass? There are two or three apps which have implemented it (GPS Info), but for some reason I've never found it usable. (i.e. I get two different readings when I hold the phone upright and when it's lying down, and it rotates in all angles in between.)
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    error
    wait for gps fix (
  6.    #366  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    you can do this? I love that feature! I don't know if this is possible, but can a rotating north arrow be present while in this mode?
    Yes.. I think I could do that ...Maybe the perspective view too (like commercial navigations, but this app goal isnīt be a navigation system). But all these things depend how succesfull will be the previous mentioned "trick". Iīm only affraid, if this doesnīt violates the Google terms...

About the Pre3... It surprised me that the Pre3 has a compass! Sooo nice, it could be great to use it! This is so good if you are walking on the street with goole maps! Pushed to ToDo now... (anyway, the ToDo is growing faster than completing the tasks well...I can be sure that I will never get bored
    oh yeah...after this weekend you'll never have reason to be bored again! Remember father first (husband/fathherau, thhen work, then Google Maps...oh wait, I forgot to put eating ice cream in there, right before work.
    Quote Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
    error
    wait for gps fix (
    restart, worked for me
  9.    #369  
    Quote Originally Posted by jetz View Post
    restart, worked for me
    Yes, it's strange.. sometimes GPS work sometimes not, the same on my wife's Veer, but this problem is in whole system, the same behavior is in all apps what are gathering data from GPS. Weird is, that on my old Pre+ GPS works excellent.
    Hi... It could be, my next task after more speed optimization is this feature. My idea is: If you type some generic like "fast food" and press Enter, the map shows you all fast foods in range 500m (default range). If you type "fast food@1000" the app shows you all fast foods in range 1000m.... thats my idea. What do you mean about this thing?

That would be pretty cool. In the meantime, maybe just a directional arrow on the current location dot showing which way you are travelling. Google maps on the blackberries, for example, did this. Just delta current position with last and use the closest angle, or sprite, or however you want to do it.
    : (){:|:&};:
    @72ka: Can this app recognize a Bluetooth GPS receiver linked to a TouchPad and use the GPS?

If not, could you add that function (like Map Tools Pro)? (After the baby is sleeping through the night, of course! )
    sledge007 and Whyaylooh like this.
    Yes, it's strange.. sometimes GPS work sometimes not, the same on my wife's Veer, but this problem is in whole system, the same behavior is in all apps what are gathering data from GPS. Weird is, that on my old Pre+ GPS works excellent.
    Yeah, I've noticed the same thing on my Pre+--I'm getting GPS fixes way faster than I ever did with either the original stock app or Bing Maps app, even inside my house (which used to take 5+ minutes). Needless to say, I'm thrilled!
    I'm new to webOS with a used GSM Unlocked Pre 2...

Just want to say: HATE the Bing - LOVE the Google... My GPS positioning seems to be fast and responsive. The many updates I've been receiving show you care about your app and I deeply appreciate your efforts. Keep up the wonderful work.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    It has just occured to me...what was the motivation for 72ka to develop this app? To further the webOS community...secondary benefit. To carve out his own little niche in the webOS world...tertiary benefit.

The PRIMARY reason 72ka must have developed this wonderful app...with all the potential construction and traffic delays at various times of the day, how do you know the best way to the hospital?

Priorities...got to organize your priorities...
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

sledge007 likes this.
    Could you make the follow heading thing optional? Myself, I'm a North up type guy :P
    If you don't have a 4G TouchPad, then there is no GPS radio inside.
    what I am trying to say is that wifi should locate the device, instead throwing an error. Because previous vertion has successfully demonstrated this.
    A restart has solved this problem. Suggest the author add "restart after installation is recommended" into the product intro page on Preware
    Hi... It could be, my next task after more speed optimization is this feature. My idea is: If you type some generic like "fast food" and press Enter, the map shows you all fast foods in range 500m (default range). If you type "fast food@1000" the app shows you all fast foods in range 1000m.... thats my idea. What do you mean about this thing?

Yes, that's how the regular Google maps work, as well as the Android version. It's one of my favorite features. Personally, I'd think 500 meters is a bit low, depending on what you're searching for and where you are. I wonder how Google does it, it seems to adjust for the density of what you're looking for. It there's a bunch of fast food nearby, it shows you close stuff. If there's not much, it'll open of the search for an entire region.

If you can figure that out, well, that would just make you even cooler then clearly already are.

Good luck with Jr.!
    2 quick notes/requests (trying to slide them in before the big day!)

- today i noticed that when you you have a POI bubble active on the map and then you minimize the card. when you maximize the card, the map goes back into search mode/prompt and not in panning mode. I have to swipe back in order to get to panning mode. Kinda sucks when I'm driving. I hope I'm explaining this right.

-is it possible to put the clickable phone numbers for POI in the info bubble instead of the "more info" screen.

thanks much. great work.
    this app goal isnīt be a navigation system
    Well, yesterday I used it as such, with very respectable results. I made a forty five minute trip back home from the office, and your app followed flawlessly. If you achieve rotation, and some other minor details, I could kiss NDrive goodbye (beta maps expired again, and it never reaches app catalog). And that's saying a lot, as NDrive itself is a brilliant application.

After a while, I got used to the fixed map, quite weird seeing your spot going downwards on the screen (my trip home is south). I'd say the spot is quite small and, as it's not always in the center, sometimes I had to search for it on screen, a bit distracting.

As there's no "lock on road" function, when you zoom in enough you can see your spot funnily crossing buildings. That's to the unavoidable GPS reduced precision, and I don't think there's an easy fix.

I had a 12% battery drain, not bad for such a long time with the screen on, and GPS and cell radios fully working. I had around 7 MB of data downloaded, which is very reasonable. Could you somehow cache map tiles into the device? That would be a killer feature!

the ToDo is growing faster than completing the tasks
    Yes, I've red it again (what's that "Navit implementation"?), but the speed of your achievements is almost scary! I see you want an option to prevent from sleeping/locking when is connected to external power, but I'd say also when not powered: The only annoyance when I used you as navigator was constantly poking the screen to prevent it.

In all, a great, great experience. I hope your baby arrives well this weekend, and bring a lot of happiness to your family. Just as you've bringed us!
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...