Page 17 of 76 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222767 ... LastLast
Like Tree392Likes
    What a coincidence, so many people were searching for a Pizza on a Pre using your tool on Sunday.
    Imagine if POI search worked on 4/20, pizza for everyone! :-)
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    To answer my own question, it DOES resolve the longitude error!
    Very well done.

Mike
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Somehow the app crashes on my Pre3 when I try to use street view. This is te problem with the latest version 0.1.2. I updated it this evening. The previous version I installed last saturday worked OK.
    I think I'm not the only one: http://www.webosnation.com/ahomebrew...comment-284795
    For the rest tumbs up. Mucht better then the useless bing maps.
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Exactly And Iīm sure that the Pizza finder is not trademark of Google the best new name for this app

Anyway, thank you for hints about gestures, great ideas.. I like these small improvements to make the app closer to the users, small features are big advantages in use! Added ALL to ToDo!
    OK, I just used your app to find a place for fish tacos...and I'm sitting at a picnic table a few feet off A1A in Flagler Beach, Florida, USA looking at the Atlantic Ocean eatng some wonderful fish tacos. Can I call it the Fish Taco Maps app? Next I'm going to order key lime pie...

BTW, my normally weak GPS (verizon Pre+) is working great today. Maybe I confused verizon by flying to Florida? Maybe the rebooting of the phone (completely power down for flights) clears out the blocks from Verizon temporarily?
    Last edited by Rockbeast; 04/24/2012 at 07:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tobeaman View Post
    I have performed the actions to make 72ka's Google Maps the default mapping app, but it doesn't save/remember/recognize the setting.
    My experience is slightly different. The default app setting sticks, but while tapping an address opens Google Maps, the app doesn't map it--it just opens at the world-wide view, and stays there.

I've got a Pre+ running v1.4.5.1.

Update:
    Never mind--I was just reading back through the thread, and saw the app update announcement. Now tapping an address opens the app to the "Get Directions" dialog. I know that it's been mentioned, but I'd prefer to have a "Cancel" option at this point so that I can just see the mapped location, if that's all I want.
    Last edited by bethel95; 04/24/2012 at 09:00 PM.
    The self locating function does not work on touchpad 3.0.5. Want locating using wifi only.
    The self-locating not working on touchpad 3.0.5 is for the 0.1.2 version. Overall this is a great app!
    I was quite surprised to see it tracking my location live on a Google Satellite view today. I wonder if it could be made to run faster on a Pre 3, or if there's not much optimization left and it's just sticking on other points in the framework that weren't designed to handle this high a screen resolution.

One thing that might help across all devices, is if the tiles immediately around the visible ones were cached along with the currently visible ones ..
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  10.    #330  
    Hi, I spent whole evening researching the problem of so big lags. It was horrible work, google says nothing about it.... no hints. The good news is, that I found the problem and made changes in map panning routines. This is problem only of Google API V3, V2 is smooth (V2 is used on mobile site, like in Panel gMaps app, but is deprecated). But my app use the API V3, itīs newer and provides me more features. The problem was that the move events fired from touchscreen are fired although the map wasnīt refreshed and overloads the CPU and user canīt see anything moved until he stops the moving (Google is probably lazy to fix this in API V3 on webOS.. who cares about WebOS ... ). The second issue, WebOS browser is NOT supported by Google API V3 (Android and iOS is supported... ), looks like it doesnīt enable webkit HW accelerated transformations and the moving canīt be as smooth as Android or iOS.
    What changes I made? I made new functions for manually moving the map, these functions listen to move and flick events and do map move ONLY if the previous move step was done. Now the map is following your finger... BINGO! It is not so smooth as API V2 or iPhone ar Android maps, but the map feedback is readable for the user and overall experience when moving is more better. But Iīm affraid to upload to Preware immediatelly, I need a volunteers for test this development version - who would like to test it?

Link for volunteers: cz.72ka.googlemaps_0.1.2-dev3preview_all.ipk

72ka
    Last edited by 72ka; 04/25/2012 at 03:58 AM.
    R_E likes this.
  11.    #331  
    Quote Originally Posted by highrock2 View Post
    The self-locating not working on touchpad 3.0.5 is for the 0.1.2 version. Overall this is a great app!
    Hi... if the location is determined from wifi, itīs determined only once and then location is no more updated. Itīs a feature (maybe I can add some info dialog). Remember, that the wifi location is based on Google service and Iīm not sure if is allowed to use their service to tracking... or maybe there is some quota. I have to read about it in documentation. I think is technically possible, but the legal issue is other side. Anyway, thank you for report!
  12. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Definitely better, but still somewhat laggy on my 2.1.0 non-overclocked pre-. Keep up the good work, and congratulations on your forthcoming baby
    pre3, panning has improved, also this version will not find my location without gps, while previous versions would allow over 3G
    Works much much better! Thanks!
    Nothing seems broken for me but i couldnt test it that long.

So smooth scrolling wont be possible with current WebOS versions?
    A bit sad but i can live with it

Testen on Pre3.

PS: do you plan translations in the future?
  15.    #335  
    Quote Originally Posted by jetz View Post
    pre3, panning has improved, also this version will not find my location without gps, while previous versions would allow over 3G
    There are no changes in location service between these versions...are you sure that you are logged-in in your google account and 3G data enabled?
  16.    #336  
    Quote Originally Posted by R_E View Post
    Definitely better, but still somewhat laggy on my 2.1.0 non-overclocked pre-. Keep up the good work, and congratulations on your forthcoming baby
    My Pre+ is overclocked to 800MHz and the map is now very usable... The base 500MHz frequency is low for me, because the whole system lags on it... but Iīm glad that the improvement works and is noticable!

You can also try the new features, new place info scene and "just type to search" in app (the search bar is activated by any keypress)
  17.    #337  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
    Works much much better! Thanks!
    Nothing seems broken for me but i couldnt test it that long.

So smooth scrolling wont be possible with current WebOS versions?
    A bit sad but i can live with it

Testen on Pre3.

PS: do you plan translations in the future?
    As I sad, looks like the smooth scrolling depends on google API script... webOS do this, but not supported... maybe one time it will be supported .. ..

About translations, yes... I know about some people who can help me with it. But first, I have to prepare the translation strings. I plan to upload them and will be up to you people, who send me the translated version back to me. Added to ToDo.
    The 0.1.2 preview version works with IPHONE SPOOF PATCH allowing navigation - Pre- 1.45
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    works great on the Veer with 2.2.4. Only thing that needs fixing is the language issue. My veer is in English, but regardless the google directions are in Spanish I think.

thanks a keep up the good work!
  20.    #340  
    Quote Originally Posted by cosb3541 View Post
    The 0.1.2 preview version works with IPHONE SPOOF PATCH allowing navigation - Pre- 1.45
    Yes... itīs true, because all the touchscreen drag events are doing through the application. Itīs a positive side-effect of the change. Thank you for confirmation!