Page 16 of 76 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212666 ... LastLast
Like Tree392Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    You can fix this by short-circuiting the agps probe to verizon's servers with an iptables reject rule. I did the same for sprint, just because I'd rather have real gps lock in right away than have to rely on sprint's crummy data network. I think there is a patch out there that does just this.
    Would that be the patch "Verizon aGPS Blocker" by Troy Miller? I have that installed. If there is another patch to try, I will.

By the way, nice surfing in your avatar pic...I didn't know you had an ocean in PA! Of course, today you could go skiing...SNOW skiing!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

As a paying (donating) supporter of 72ka's Google Maps, I have performed the actions to make 72ka's Google Maps the default mapping app, but it doesn't save/remember/recognize the setting. (Launch Button > "Launcher" > "Default Applications" > "ADDRESS")

Background
    I'm running a Pre 2 on Verizon Wireless, webOS version 2.1.0. A few weeks ago, my phone started acting weird with Bing Maps--whenever I would restart the phone, it would 'forget' that Bing Maps was installed--the icon would change back to the old Google Maps, and upon opening the app, it would ask you to upgrade to the new Bing maps app. 'Twas a pain, so I was extremely thankful to see 72ka released his Google Maps app. As soon as I downloaded/installed 72ka's app, I went into Preware and deleted HP's "Google Maps" and "BFG Maps" (BFG Maps was an earlier attempt to provide access to Google Maps--it would always crash my phone after the Bing forced map replacement).

Behavior
    When I go in to select the default mapping app, I get three choices:

Google Maps
    VZ Navigator
    Google Maps

Yes--"Google Maps" displays twice. It's as if the OS somehow thinks that the old, original Google Maps is still installed. The fact that 72ka's app is also called, simply, "Google Maps", tends to make it somewhat confusing. But I have tried putting the check mark beside each instance of the term and, regardless the one I choose, webOS attempts to open the original HPalm Google Maps app whenever I click an address link in the browser. THIS HAPPENS DESPITE THE FACT THAT I HAVE UNINSTALLED THE HPalm GOOGLE MAPS APP FROM MY PHONE. (I also verified this by opening "Software Manager" and scrolling through the list of apps--the only mapping app listed there is 72ka's Google Maps.)

Please Help
    This is driving me a little bit nuts. Anyone else seeing this, or similar, behavior? Any ideas on this one?
    Last edited by tobeaman; 04/23/2012 at 01:54 PM.
    ToBeAMan

I feel like I've come full circle:
    HP Ipaq > Palm Pilot > Palm Pre (Sprint) > HPalm Pre 2 (VZW) and HP TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    Would that be the patch "Verizon aGPS Blocker" by Troy Miller? I have that installed. If there is another patch to try, I will.

By the way, nice surfing in your avatar pic...I didn't know you had an ocean in PA! Of course, today you could go skiing...SNOW skiing!
    That's actually a river :-). When there is no water in the local creeks, we end up on the ledges on the susquehanna (this picture is near wrightsville) I don't have that particular playboat anymore, and was just learning how to do stuff with it in that picture. Now I'm spinning with confidence and starting to work on getting it vertical. I can stern stall with a single double pump, and bow stall in current. Every now and then I even hit a couple of points in a cartwheel (usually not on purpose) before flopping over, lol.
    : (){:|:&};:
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    on my pre3 and my wifes veer i can change the standard app fot address to google maps, and it works (partly), on my touchpad i changed standard apps for address to google maps, but m$-bing is opened even after a hard reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post

• I have made Google Maps the default mapping app on my Pre3. When I go to a contact in the address book and tap on their address, Google Maps opens successfully, however it goes straight to the 'Directions' dialogue. Is it possible to make the default action for this just a red pushpin in the map?

Keep up the great work - I am just about to donate $5 via Paypal.
    Howd you change this, or is this just easy to do on the pre3?
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_gusto View Post
    Howd you change this, or is this just easy to do on the pre3?
    See my comment at Post #300
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by conum View Post
    on my pre3 and my wifes veer i can change the standard app fot address to google maps, and it works (partly), on my touchpad i changed standard apps for address to google maps, but m$-bing is opened even after a hard reset.
    Yeah I changed it on the pixi to "google maps" , but still stays as BING as well. even after a reboot. that sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    See my comment at Post #300
    yeah sorry not sure how i missed that. thanks. wish it worked for me.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by conum View Post
    Hi,

I have the same problem. I guess that it is a bug in 3.0.5.

I installed my Navit-Maps app. This can also be selected as default mapping app, but the touchpad Calendar and Contacts app ignores the setting and still opens Bing maps....

HaPe
    Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!
    This is how GMaps should work! Blazing fast, intelligent UI and designed also for Veer’s screen size!
    webOS is simply fabulous

TouchPads Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
    in isagar2004s post: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html
  11.    #311  
    Quote Originally Posted by k4llle View Post
    I uninstalled the Iphone Spoof Hack and it works very good!!! I love this app! Btw, is it open source?
    Yes, it is open source, licenced under Apache 2.0. At this time is more "open dirty source" ... because the changes are big in every update and I havent time to clean the code... the code looks horrible, because sometimes Im thinking in Czech and sometimes in English and comments in code is mixed english/czech ... but it was mentioned, it is in early stage, the code is not ready for sharing, because Im ashamed for it
    But who would like to look to the actual development code now, I can send it... but be careful, be sure if you are sitting
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Hi, read all 16 pages so far and couldn't see:
    Does this app work around the negative longitude problem? I.e. I am just west of longitude 0 and Google thinks I am the same distance to the east.
    Will try it when I am back at home, but in the meantime if anyone knows?
    Thanks
    Mike
    Great app,works very well !! I am not sure if this has been mentioned,but a print directions button would be great for TP users. Is this possible?
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Yes, it is open source, licenced under Apache 2.0. At this time is more "open dirty source" ... because the changes are big in every update and I havent time to clean the code... the code looks horrible, because sometimes Im thinking in Czech and sometimes in English and comments in code is mixed english/czech ... but it was mentioned, it is in early stage, the code is not ready for sharing, because Im ashamed for it
    But who would like to look to the actual development code now, I can send it... but be careful, be sure if you are sitting
    When it is clean enough, consider setting up a git repository. Perhaps you can get others to work on specific features/cleanup. More folks working on it == faster development, cleaner code, less bugs, etc. since everyone can focus on the pieces that they are responsible for.
    : (){:|:&};:
    When it is clean enough, consider setting up a git repository. Perhaps you can get others to work on specific features/cleanup. More folks working on it == faster development, cleaner code, less bugs, etc. since everyone can focus on the pieces that they are responsible for.
    ^ that and if they really want to look at the code they have it on their devices anyway
  16.    #316  
    I have account on sf.net, because i was developing the Linux kernel for Palm Zire 72 (my nick is comming from the Zire 72 ).. more than 5 years ago (maybe someone here know old Hack&Dev project). I hope it is active...

Anyway... we are still waiting for baby birth, but Im active, Im working on place info improvement, everywhere is possible (even at a my wifes doctor waiting room on laptop ).
    Look at the screenshot, the info is partially done... I have to add a call button to make a call to the phone and some other infos.
    Thanks so much for bringing Google Maps back and even a much better version with more features than before!
    Imo the Bing Maps was unuseable on my Pre3!

Hope you continue to work on it and especially fix the pre3 bugs!

PS: you should have received a donation right now !
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Based on the many posts and screenshots above, you totally should change the name to "Pizza Finder".
    ;-)
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    mc_gusto likes this.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Other ideas:
    - in app, typing opens the search field (Sorry, just read previous posts)
    - forward (or back) swipe opens the directions
    - forward (or back) swipe cycles through layers
    - forward (or back) swipe clears last placed POI
    - panning, zooming and navigation in StreetView using physical keyboard keys
    - forward swipe advances view in StreetView

Just in case you get bored while your wife is pushing.
    Last edited by Goyena; 04/24/2012 at 10:38 AM.
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
  20.    #320  
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    Based on the many posts and screenshots above, you totally should change the name to "Pizza Finder".
    ;-)
    Exactly And Im sure that the Pizza finder is not trademark of Google the best new name for this app

Anyway, thank you for hints about gestures, great ideas.. I like these small improvements to make the app closer to the users, small features are big advantages in use! Added ALL to ToDo!