Page 15 of 76 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202565 ... LastLast
Like Tree392Likes
    hey, great job with the app. I have one minor suggestion though. Could you make it such that any key pressed automatically send the key to the search bar i.e., “just type” search within the app itself?

donation coming soon!
  2.    #282  
    Quote Originally Posted by k4llle View Post
    Yes, iphone spoof patch is installed. I will uninstall it this evening and report If i scceeded....
    So, some people reports the same, this app doesn´t like iphone spoof patch. Because the google sends different API than the app needs, without event listeners (tocuhscreen events).
  3.    #283  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcherian View Post
    hey, great job with the app. I have one minor suggestion though. Could you make it such that any key pressed automatically send the key to the search bar i.e., “just type” search within the app itself?

donation coming soon!
    You are thinking the same as me overnight I was thinking about it... it must be, and I was thinking about the same if the slider is open. I have to add it to ToDo.
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    So, some people reports the same, this app doesn´t like iphone spoof patch. Because the google sends different API than the app needs, without event listeners (tocuhscreen events).
    That may be the reason why i had problems with the google apis On my phone and not in the emulator in another app.

Also great would be an option to automatically enable and disable gps when starting/closing the app...
    Quote Originally Posted by k4llle View Post
    Also great would be an option to automatically enable and disable gps when starting/closing the app...
    Don't think that would be such a great ieda, there is separate functionality to enable/disable GPS. Would the GPS status be restored to its previous state in case the app crashes? Adds unnecessary complexity and potential confusion IMO, at least in the current state of development.

If you think about implementing this, please make it a switchable preference. The app could also ask the user something like: "GPS disabled" [Enable GPS] [Quit].
    Pre 3, webOS 2.2.4 on O2 Germany, TP 32 GB
    ~Coitans fer Windoze~
    Hi, the 0.1.2 is out and you can go to the pizza!!
    You are too good at this! Thank you again for a great update. Can we get a round of applause for 72ka?

I do have one question now that I can 'find the pizza'...should I get meat lovers or go for a healthier basil pesto pizza?

IMPORTANT NOTE: I know many of the people who have been following this thread from the beginning (before it was 'front page news' on webOS Nation) know this already, but for all the new followers enjoying this great app and it's amazing rate of updates, please know that the developer is expecting a big life changing event around the end of April that will require him to focus his time and energy on something other than Google Maps. So please remember that if he seems a little less attentive to your posts and requests, or a little distracted from coding. He will be having to handle a whole other kind of 'bundle' at home where his late nights will be due to more localized requests for food, diaper changes, play time, and whatever Mom wants. Just wanted to let all know so we can kindly offer congratulations and well wishes and our patience.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

jcmarcos likes this.
    the POI search feature is impressive!!! I can even search with my own language!! Thanks Mr 72ka!!!
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Congratulation on your new baby. It will take a little time to get used to the new routine with the baby, but once you get yourself settled you'll better be able to balance your time and continue your developments of apps.

Great work on the Google map. Just goes to show what a little patience, a love of what you do and a group of people who appreciate your work (WebOS community).
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    anyone get a "wait for gps fix"?

I uninstalled the Iphone Spoof Hack and it works very good!!! I love this app! Btw, is it open source?
    2) you don´t need to delete Bing maps... but you can set my app as default map handler

Thank you for your report.
    how do you change this to the default map handler
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post
    anyone get a "wait for gps fix"?
    Oh yeah, I think I'm the KING of 'wait for gps fix'. It isn't any thing to do with the app though, for me it is because I have a 1.4.5.1 Palm Pre+ on Verizon. For undefined reasons, Verizon has always allowed some 'roadblock' to accessing GPS on the Pre+ unless you purchase their navigator app...and pay the $10 per month fee. The only month I had very good luck with GPS consistently was the month when I was trying out the VZ Navigator. Even then it wasn't perfect, but it worked 95% of the time. Now, I'm lucky to get GPS fix (a good one) 10% of the time. Sometimes, if I keep a mapping app open, and run GPS fix app, eventually I will get a fix. But if I let the screen go to sleep, or switch to another app and then back, it may loose it's GPS fix. Very frustrating.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    Oh yeah, I think I'm the KING of 'wait for gps fix'. It isn't any thing to do with the app though, for me it is because I have a 1.4.5.1 Palm Pre+ on Verizon. For undefined reasons, Verizon has always allowed some 'roadblock' to accessing GPS on the Pre+ unless you purchase their navigator app...and pay the $10 per month fee. The only month I had very good luck with GPS consistently was the month when I was trying out the VZ Navigator. Even then it wasn't perfect, but it worked 95% of the time. Now, I'm lucky to get GPS fix (a good one) 10% of the time. Sometimes, if I keep a mapping app open, and run GPS fix app, eventually I will get a fix. But if I let the screen go to sleep, or switch to another app and then back, it may loose it's GPS fix. Very frustrating.
    I have a franken pre 2 on sprint???

72ka Wonderful.
    Now I can have the best Pizza around me

A week more for an Important Day in your Life.
    Best of Luck
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    You can fix this by short-circuiting the agps probe to verizon's servers with an iptables reject rule. I did the same for sprint, just because I'd rather have real gps lock in right away than have to rely on sprint's crummy data network. I think there is a patch out there that does just this.
    : (){:|:&};:
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    what is the patch?
    Tears of joy, my friend, tears of joy.

THANK YOU for finally responding to the need for a functional map app. Not only did you make it functional, you made it integrate well with the webOS UI. I could go on and on about how this is so much better than Bing, but you did such a great job, there really is no comparison. This blows Bing out of the water! You have almost everything I want in a map: real time traffic, gps fix, quick loading, poi, simple and easy to use. And you even made it work on all running versions of webOS--that is just amazing.

(And to any of you who had trouble with BFG Maps -- for example, it would make my Pre 2 crash within 20 seconds almost every time -- this is the answer! I've used it for several days now with no problems at all. This app is beyond great.)

From your ToDo list, my most urgent request is the "dark theme" - this would make it much easier--and more SAFE--to use the map at night. I already donated USD $5.00. I will donate again if you can implement dark theme!

Best of luck with your new bundle, "72ka Version 2.0".

Rock on!

(PS: Every webOS user should download and use this map app, and donate at least a dollar to the cause.)
    ToBeAMan

I feel like I've come full circle:
    HP Ipaq > Palm Pilot > Palm Pre (Sprint) > HPalm Pre 2 (VZW) and HP TouchPad
    1) exactly.. not implemented yet, but reserved
    2) you don´t need to delete Bing maps... but you can set my app as default map handler
    3) the zoom is live.. but ugly laggy... I have in todo speed up optimization
    4) can be.. no problem, it´s a cosmetic issue

Thank you for your report.
    Many thanks for your reply. The latest version is working great with POIs on my Pre3!
    I have a few more suggestions/comments:

• Is it possible to add a 'Double-tap to zoom' feature?
    • Is it possible to add GESTURE+W and GESTURE+S shortcuts for 'zoom in' and 'zoom out'? This matches the '+' and '-' keys on the Pre keyboard.
    • I have made Google Maps the default mapping app on my Pre3. When I go to a contact in the address book and tap on their address, Google Maps opens successfully, however it goes straight to the 'Directions' dialogue. Is it possible to make the default action for this just a red pushpin in the map?

Keep up the great work - I am just about to donate $5 via Paypal.
    Last edited by checkmate; 04/23/2012 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Got £ and $ mixed up!
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    $5 donated :-)

I have a suggestion for the very end of your ToDo list as I'm sure it would be very difficult/impossible (but also great!):
    • When getting directions, could there be a preference for Google Maps to cache the entire route in the Pre's USB partition (if there is space available), so you would not require a data connection along the route? This would make Google Maps a very competent Sat Nav replacement!

I would gladly donate another $10 for that!
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    tobeaman likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_gusto View Post
    how do you change this to the default map handler
    Just open 'Device Info' on your Pre and select 'Default Applications' from the top menu.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)