Page 14 of 76 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192464 ... LastLast
Like Tree392Likes
    This is the great app I have ever seen in this forum! I will install it on my touchpad today.

Can't wait to try it!
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    http://www.webosnation.com/google-maps-72ka

Any of you tried this yet? The street view is a little flaky, but otherwise this is solid...
    Yup... pretty sure people have seen it

<threads merged>
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post

<threads merged>
    Yawn, webos police... I know it must seem like a mutiny posting something about this in the Pre forums.. smh
    Is anyone else having issues with the search feature? I tried typing in a couple of local business names, but got nothing back with the type-ahead dropdown...
    Same thing here, enter button won't start the search. If I type in 'pizza' or 'Mcdonalds', pretty common names - nothing pops up.

Very cool app, can't stand the Bing. This layout is already better then the original Google app.
    Last edited by Instrumental27; 04/22/2012 at 07:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Are you talking about Just type? I think it is a good idea... thank you.
    Yes. Just type search.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post

<threads merged>
    Thanks for keeping things tidy.
    tobeaman likes this.
    I think the new version has an issue with search.
    Yesterday search for Pizza did not reveal any search results.
  10.    #270  
    Quote Originally Posted by zeushunt View Post
    I think the new version has an issue with search.
    Yesterday search for Pizza did not reveal any search results.
    Yes, it was mentioned, that the actual version doesnt contains POI search... but I have good news for you, with the next version, you will never be hungry the app will find the nearest pizza for you...
    Im now testing it... looks like it will be ready for release soon.
    tobeaman likes this.
  11.    #271  
    Hi, the 0.1.2 is out and you can go to the pizza!!
    checkmate likes this.
    POI search works fine with pizza, however the directions dialogue box seems to not fit nicely on pre3 screen. Also changelog not updated on 1st page of this thread but is in app
  13.    #273  
    Quote Originally Posted by jetz View Post
    POI search works fine with pizza, however the directions dialogue box seems to not fit nicely on pre3 screen. Also changelog not updated on 1st page of this thread but is in app
    Hi, the dialog fits, it is a feature, it is wider than before (look at changelog), it is better for that small screens. About the changelog on 1st page: Im lazy to change it immediatelly... I was on lunch.

Im more interested about the TP users, if the stop pan problem persist.
    Hi, the 0.1.2 is out and you can go to the pizza!!
    It's exactly what I've done a moment ago, with full success on my Pre 3. I demand a photo of the author, just to be sure he doesn't have eight hands and four brains!
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
  15.    #275  
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    Many thanks for such amazing work on the app, this is why I love the WebOS community!
    Google Maps works so much faster that Bing Maps on my Pre3.
    I have a few questions:
    • When I try to tap on Preferences in the top menu, it is greyed out and can't be selected - is this because this section hasn't been implemented yet?
    • You mentioned that this can replace Bing Maps as the default maps app - how do I go about sorting this? Is it as simple as deleting Bing Maps?
    • Is it possible to have a 'Live Zoom' when using the two-finger pinch-to-zoom? I keep zooming in too far as I don't know how far I've zoomed until the image updates!
    • I've noticed the zoom buttons at the bottom slightly cover the 'scale' at the bottom of the map. Can this be adjusted?

Many thanks for all your work. I will be donating via PayPal very soon!
    1) exactly.. not implemented yet, but reserved
    2) you dont need to delete Bing maps... but you can set my app as default map handler
    3) the zoom is live.. but ugly laggy... I have in todo speed up optimization
    4) can be.. no problem, its a cosmetic issue

Thank you for your report.
    First of all, i have to say that this is a really great app. The only problem i have is, that i cant move the map. I have a pre- on thunderchief kernel with webOS 2.1...
    Thanks for your efforts!
    A little donation: 1NL97413RA668373G.
  18.    #278  
    Quote Originally Posted by k4llle View Post
    First of all, i have to say that this is a really great app. The only problem i have is, that i cant move the map. I have a pre- on thunderchief kernel with webOS 2.1...
    Hmm... my Pre+ has 2.1 and works. Have you any patches installed, e.g iPhone spoof patch? Try restart.. maybe. WebOS 2.1 is supported.
  19.    #279  
    General question... this app is growing more than I have ever expected, and Im not sure, if the name meets the google terms. Who is a good reader/lawyer? Is the "Google Maps" trademark or not? Maybe I have to rename it... some things was posted in the beginning, but now is more than actual to solve this issue.
    Hmm... my Pre+ has 2.1 and works. Have you any patches installed, e.g iPhone spoof patch? Try restart.. maybe. WebOS 2.1 is supported.
    Yes, iphone spoof patch is installed. I will uninstall it this evening and report If i scceeded....