Page 13 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182363 ... LastLast
Like Tree392Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Thank you for help, I will make these changes.
    The Transit isn't (sadly) not supported in Google API... With that I can't do anything.
    Oh man, that is really unfortunate...
    Thank for answers... Ill try to implement as I described higher.

Im working on direction improvement and fix for 1.4.5... I promise that next version will be functional on 1.4.5. It was horrible work, but I think that the result will be very usefull for everyone. Here is screenshot from my dev version, I use the same behavior asi Android map has, because it is very usable. Route contains navigation points. If the route is rendered, in the bottom menu i added two buttons <- and -> and using these buttons you can "drive" from point to point and the same nice bubble with instructions pops/close and the map i moved to this point. And, you can see the new A and B flags instead of google deafult markers.
    And I fixed the Clear map.. it clears everything.

Click to view quoted image

Anyway, the 0.1.0 was submitted to Preware two days ago (finally I have a developer account, thanks to the site admins)... and this is problem, my release period is often shorter
    Downloaded to my Pixi- from Preware today - awesome work so far!!!
    It's surprisingly smooth on my Pixi (I was getting used to mind-numbing sluggish maps). Yes, still some delays panning even on the basic map layer. And I'm looking forward to further Search improvements (Just Type doesn't always seem to be available, or is available but nothing happens when I hit Enter, or can't find businesses or returns results in another country.)

One minor comment on navigation directions: the last direction step doesn't take me to the destination as I click the step arrow -> i.e., the last possible click on the arrow -> shows the map centered on the penultimate turn with directions like "Take the 2nd right on Dolores St. Destination will be on the right" then I have to manually pan the map to see the destination marker. I expected a final step that pans/re-centers the map to the destination (and maybe shows the address), which was the convention with the old Google maps and useful when you're zoomed in and want to see the nearest cross street to your destination.
    The idea is great, it does not seem to like my hp veer.. tried to install it, but when i use it it crashes my veer, and it goes to reboot.It does not dot it always in the same please, so it is difficult to reproduce it.While i try so, is there any known issue on the veer that you guys are aware?
    thanks again for this incredible app!
    Danilo
    it seems the "street view" in my veer causes many of the crashes... i am running the ver 2.1.2 of webos.i will keep monitoring.
    Danilo
    Really? Not reported yet.... anyone else? I'm very confused.... I know that problematic patch is iphone spoof, have you this patch installed?
    I experienced exactly the same problem yesterday. Installed it for the first time, ran it, searched for a couple of places, no panning :-(
    Closed app.
    Tried it again this morning before reporting "me too", and it now has perfect panning :-)
    I'm confused too.
    First of all -- great job. This has given me renewed hope in webOS.

I don't know if this feature request was mentioned and it may require more than just developing an app that houses Google Maps, but I wonder if there is a way to calibrate the app so that you can make a known landmark's coordinates stored and somehow use that as a way to adjust whatever Google Maps is showing for that landmark so it is more accurate (versus the default location Google Maps may have for it). I apologize if I am not making sense...
    Is it possible to somehow please make the blue circle removable. It totally obscures the view of the map. Also, it would be nice if one could make the last chosen view stick, instead of having to select satellite view every time one starts the app. Thanks for all your work.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I too have faced the same problem. But apparently it seems that this is a bit of a hit & miss, i.e. sometimes you start the app and you cannot pan and then on other occasions it pans fine.
    Just tried it again--this time it worked OK.

If at first you don't succeed...
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    App looks great. I tried panning the map from my location and it would not move. App only seams to zoom in and out.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Hi,

I just discovered this app, and immediately donated.
    If you are interested in translations for the app, I can help for french language.
    I did many translations for many developpers, and I would love to help you bringing this to my native language. Just let me know...
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    ...waiting with bated breath to see which drops first: 0.1.2 with POIs (yes!) or Jan's new baby.
    ;-)

In any case, lotsa of luck and courage in both endeavours!

(also, don't take "drop" literally)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    it's a great app, faster than the original palm app and it looks like this app has a great future.
    i have changed the standard-app-list, so that googlemaps is standard for mapping.
    in my contacts i tap on the address of one of my contacts, google-maps opens and shows the message:
    "Waiting for your location .. Please wait for GPS fix or press cancel". if i press "cancel", google-maps shows a part of an american centred world-map, but not the address of my contact.
    if i cannot get a fix (inside a building) google-maps will not show ther correct address.
    is this a bug or a feature?
  13. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    First I want to start off by saying this app is great. Thanks to 72ka for making it.
    I have a problem however. I have a Sprint Pre- running 2.1.0 and panning and zooming are extremely laggy. Has been the same from the first version till the current one. There are no log entries on lumberjack. Does anyone else have this problem?
    When there is a unique result for a search, the location is still shown in a list to be selected. Should it go straight to the map?
  15.    #255  
    Quote Originally Posted by R_E View Post
    First I want to start off by saying this app is great. Thanks to 72ka for making it.
    I have a problem however. I have a Sprint Pre- running 2.1.0 and panning and zooming are extremely laggy. Has been the same from the first version till the current one. There are no log entries on lumberjack. Does anyone else have this problem?
    Hi... it is a problem, I know about it, it is not smooth. I have the speed optimizations in ToDo... for this time I'm busy by POI search implementation. I have some ideas how to speed up.. but time is pressing me. Please be patient.
  16.    #256  
    Quote Originally Posted by conum View Post
    it's a great app, faster than the original palm app and it looks like this app has a great future.
    i have changed the standard-app-list, so that googlemaps is standard for mapping.
    in my contacts i tap on the address of one of my contacts, google-maps opens and shows the message:
    "Waiting for your location .. Please wait for GPS fix or press cancel". if i press "cancel", google-maps shows a part of an american centred world-map, but not the address of my contact.
    if i cannot get a fix (inside a building) google-maps will not show ther correct address.
    is this a bug or a feature?
    O ou... thank you, it is a bug. Thank you for report!
  17.    #257  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    When there is a unique result for a search, the location is still shown in a list to be selected. Should it go straight to the map?
    Are you talking about Just type? I think it is a good idea... thank you.
  18.    #258  
    Generally, many thanks to all supporters and anyone else who use this app. I really appreciate your support. And thanks to site admins who wrote the article. At this time I'm very busy for answering so many questions here or emails... if I'm not corresponding, be patient. It is too much for me.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    bug report: My Pre3 restarts after using streetview for several seconds. It occurs multiple times.

p.s. nice work! I just donated.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Generally, many thanks to all supporters and anyone else who use this app. I really appreciate your support. And thanks to site admins who wrote the article. At this time I'm very busy for answering so many questions here or emails... if I'm not corresponding, be patient. It is too much for me.
    this is a big app. I suggest you ask ppl to join your development, and I'm sure there will be a lot of volunteers. But then you should take less than 5 ppl as your team. That's the most efficient way.