Page 12 of 76 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172262 ... LastLast
Like Tree392Likes
    first this is the best map app till date IMO , very very impressive , thankyou sooooooo much 72ka and congratulations for this awessom work ...... but when m trying for directions ,it is coming in some different language ..i think german ........or this is just me ?? how to change the language...for directions ,..pl help....
    pixi plus (webOS 2.1)>pre2>HP Veer>touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Just in Preware! Uninstall the app and install from Preware. Preware contains actual 0.1.1 version!
    Any particular reason why I should have uninstalled it first?
    I originally installed the IPK and today found an update in Preware and updated from that.

Seems fine.

Great work. Todays editorial got it right - your app puts the official versions to shame.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    Will this very neat app use my Pre 3 built-in GPS for location?

On mine it does.
    Quote Originally Posted by DomNeek View Post
    Special thanks to the developer of this program as I was so close to switching to single-tasking Android phones as Bing Maps was so very limited.
    My only issue is that every time I launch directions it is always displayed in French. I installed it on my Touchpad as well as on both my Pre2. I have changed the regional settings on all three devices to show US settings but I am wondering if this still displays French because I use the service in Canada? Please let us know if possible.
    Similar problem here: I'm in Germany, but my language is set to english. The apps UI shows everything in english - but the directions are displayed in german.

My guess is that the Google API uses the IP to determine locality and defaults to the language that is local.

Perhaps this can be set explicitly?
    Or might need a login to a Google account to use the accounts language setting.

Small bug for me - but if this happens everywhere it could get fun when tourists travel to e.g. Japan and get their directions in Kana. ;-)
    Übergeil. Just donated. Thank you so much!
  6.    #226  
    Quote Originally Posted by tovivekmishra View Post
    first this is the best map app till date IMO , very very impressive , thankyou sooooooo much 72ka and congratulations for this awessom work ...... but when m trying for directions ,it is coming in some different language ..i think german ........or this is just me ?? how to change the language...for directions ,..pl help....
    Hi, the strings from google api are localized like your Format setting in Regional settings of your system. Just check these settings. The reason for this is that the phone language setting is not available for all countries in the world.
  7.    #227  
    Quote Originally Posted by tholap View Post
    Any particular reason why I should have uninstalled it first?
    I originally installed the IPK and today found an update in Preware and updated from that.

Seems fine.

Great work. Todays editorial got it right - your app puts the official versions to shame.
    Hi... your'e right, no particular reason.. but I wasn't sure if the overwriting instalation from Preware will not make some troubles.

About the editorial - I'm very surprised, I never believed that it will write about this app... looks like that the lack of Google maps is bigger than expected.
  8.    #228  
    On mine it does.

About Pre3... Pre3 is supported. If you have problems with GPS fix, it's a problem that the app doesn't receive the position from system.. I have similar problems with HP Veer, sometimes needs restart or use utility "GPS Fix" from appcatalogue (or Preware I'm not sure...).
  9.    #229  
    Similar problem here: I'm in Germany, but my language is set to english. The apps UI shows everything in english - but the directions are displayed in german.

My guess is that the Google API uses the IP to determine locality and defaults to the language that is local.

Perhaps this can be set explicitly?
    Or might need a login to a Google account to use the accounts language setting.

Small bug for me - but if this happens everywhere it could get fun when tourists travel to e.g. Japan and get their directions in Kana. ;-)

The app is not localized (only English at this time - menus, buttons...). And directions, addressees and map are comming from Google - localized as your Regional settings Format. I know it is no ideal... but good enough for beginning

If you are in Germany, your language is set to english and formats to German, that behavior is correct. Your directions will be in German, even in Japan
  10.    #230  
    Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    Just installed from Preware on my TP. Brilliant!

@72ka: If it's not already been reported, the map will not pan on the TP (running 3.0.5), staying centered on the current location.

Let me know if you need a list of the HB patches I have installed, if you think this might be related to a system or app patch conflict.

Now for my Pre+...
    Really? Not reported yet.... anyone else? I'm very confused.... I know that problematic patch is iphone spoof, have you this patch installed?
  11.    #231  
    @72ka: One thing that really bugged me about the official Maps app was that the screen would blank when I was using it for driving directions, even when my device was running on external power.

Any chance you could provide a preference option to force the screen to stay on when external power is detected?
    Thank you for the hint, you are right! I have to add it to ToDo! I think it is possible...
    very good app, only that panning and loading is slow on touchpad. I once tried to make a Google maps app myself, but not being able to implement the "tap" event made me give up. Maybe you can have a look at my source code and use whatever you want (because my app surely lacks your great features, but is faster).

bug report: yes, sometimes panning will not work on the touchpad (but zooming in/out by fingers gesture works), no patches installed
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    And this is on The Verge. :-) http://www.theverge.com/2012/4/21/29...-after-growing
    Congrats and thank you so much for your contribution to webOS community.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Thank you for the hint, you are right! I have to add it to ToDo! I think it is possible...
    Could you make this also possible when not connected to a charger? Like with a trigger, as you have now put in your ToDo. Would be much more convenient in case you're walking, searching a location.
    Really? Not reported yet.... anyone else? I'm very confused.... I know that problematic patch is iphone spoof, have you this patch installed?
    Havent had this issue. TP 3.0.5

What I noticed is that zooming in by finger gesture is much more sensitive than zooming out. You are immediately down 'near to the earth' and then have to go backwards bit by bit.
    @72ka: If it's not already been reported, the map will not pan on the TP (running 3.0.5), staying centered on the current location.
    I too have faced the same problem. But apparently it seems that this is a bit of a hit & miss, i.e. sometimes you start the app and you cannot pan and then on other occasions it pans fine.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Many thanks for such amazing work on the app, this is why I love the WebOS community!
    Google Maps works so much faster that Bing Maps on my Pre3.
    I have a few questions:
    • When I try to tap on Preferences in the top menu, it is greyed out and can't be selected - is this because this section hasn't been implemented yet?
    • You mentioned that this can replace Bing Maps as the default maps app - how do I go about sorting this? Is it as simple as deleting Bing Maps?
    • Is it possible to have a 'Live Zoom' when using the two-finger pinch-to-zoom? I keep zooming in too far as I don't know how far I've zoomed until the image updates!
    • I've noticed the zoom buttons at the bottom slightly cover the 'scale' at the bottom of the map. Can this be adjusted?

Many thanks for all your work. I will be donating via PayPal very soon!
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Thanks for a great app!!
    If you need help for localization, I could offer some German expertise.
    Send me a PM if you need help.

Greetings
    Chris
    Thank your for starting to fill this hole in webos! Just donated!
    The biggest problem I've seen in my first 5 min is it can't seem to find some well known and long-existing places (start typing 'Radio City Music Hall' and get nothing). Also, after finding a location and dropping the red pin, clicking on 'Route to here' or 'from here' doesn't do anything.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Been using your app since .0.4 & you absolutely rock, and I hope you keep up with this awesome project! Just sent you a donation for all your hard work & contribution. I'd be happy to donate more if it helps with continued support & further advancing the features & what not!

Thank you again for this beauty of a solution to g maps since we knew they were never going to enhance it after focusing on pushing Android.