Page 11 of 76 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162161 ... LastLast
Like Tree392Likes
    I've been following the thread. Nice work. I can't wait to give it a try. The best apps are the ones from people who actually use the device themselves.
    : (){:|:&};:
    The next step will be Google Earth app
  3.    #203  
    Hi, I released the friday´s release 0.1.1...

what´s new? Look at the first page...

For explanation, if you press the compass icon, the function Follow GPS is activated and indicated by the compass icon "lights"... you can disable it by touch or drag or anything anywhere in a map (the icon goes off). You can work with menu while map is following GPS, tap to menu doesn´t stop following the GPS. I hope that is usable. I tested it today morning in my car, works good.

For Rockbeast:

I have the bags packed yet, sure I´m on the phone ... well, some parts of code I made in hospital when i was waiting for my wife at ultrasound check Birth is expected 29.4....
  4.    #204  
    Hi, great news! Google provides experimental API for search of point of interests (I didn´t know it). I tested it in very basic task, search "starbuck" in 5000m from actual location and you can see the result! I´m excited, because this experimental api gives me many options and it is good to know it works! Well, next task for 0.1.2 - to include POI search!

Look at the screenshot (every marker is something with keyword "starbuck"), forget the default markers and infowindow.. it is only technology preview

I figured they had to have something for POI's. I'm surprised it's still experimental, I mean, it works pretty good on their maps.
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Google provides experimental API for search of point of interests...
    You just blow my mind!
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
  7.    #207  
    Just in Preware! Uninstall the app and install from Preware. Preware contains actual 0.1.1 version!
    mc_gusto and carldc like this.
    Just in Preware! Uninstall the app and install from Preware. Preware contains actual 0.1.1 version!
    And I just installed it from Preware! I had already installed v 0.1.1 earlier this morning...but I had to use preware to celebrate it's "coming out" party!

Loaded up just fine in the normal 'Preware' way.

Looks good I think the GPS lock feature works well. Unfortunately, I'm not the best one to check this out because it's hard to get a GPS fix on my verizon Pre+. If I turn on wifi, I'll get a local wifi lock though.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Will this very neat app use my Pre 3 built-in GPS for location?
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    Will this very neat app use my Pre 3 built-in GPS for location?
    I think so. Although if you can't get a gps lock, like you are inside, or don't have a clear view of the sky to get a good signal...or if you have a Verizon Pre+ (Verizon apparently interferes with the Pre+ ability to get GPS lock effectively) then if there is a nearby wifi signal that is geocoded, you can get a good fix that way. That's what I have to do.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Really like the new direction step arrows and balloons. Nice job!
    Special thanks to the developer of this program as I was so close to switching to single-tasking Android phones as Bing Maps was so very limited.
    My only issue is that every time I launch directions it is always displayed in French. I installed it on my Touchpad as well as on both my Pre2. I have changed the regional settings on all three devices to show US settings but I am wondering if this still displays French because I use the service in Canada? Please let us know if possible.
    It's English for me, so it's not "just" a Canada thing. (don't know the answer for you, sorry)
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Just installed from Preware on my TP. Brilliant!

@72ka: If it's not already been reported, the map will not pan on the TP (running 3.0.5), staying centered on the current location.

Let me know if you need a list of the HB patches I have installed, if you think this might be related to a system or app patch conflict.

Now for my Pre+...
    @72ka: One thing that really bugged me about the official Maps app was that the screen would blank when I was using it for driving directions, even when my device was running on external power.

Any chance you could provide a preference option to force the screen to stay on when external power is detected?
    carldc likes this.
    Wow. This app is stunningly good!
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

just saw the front page article and checked on preware and sure preware said there was an update. Didn't need to uninstall. Update process went just fine.

possible bug: if I search the map for something that doesn't bring back any results clearing the map field clears the list with no result but the overlay with the results stay and it doesn't populate on consequent searches unless I restart the app. I think it did on 0.1.0 version too.
    Last edited by BoRn; 04/20/2012 at 11:48 PM.
    Definitely the best google map ,it works like a charm on my touchpad ,great work and thx for making this happen.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Thanks for the google maps on my pre3 and tp. Works really great!
    Looks great on my TouchPad.

I am, however, getting direction instructions in French rather than English. Is there a place to set language preference?