Page 10 of 76 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152060 ... LastLast
Like Tree392Likes
    just donated

now only follow position (for in car or walking use) and poi/company search is missing for me.
    The clear map does not work on my TP 3.0.5
    Just found this app today. Awesome work. Feels like I've been missing something for so long. Now its back. Looks great. Cant wait for latitude support. Not so much updating my position, but being able to see my friends on a map. Can't wait I tell ya. And driving around mode will be excellent as well. Keep up the good, no make that great work.
    donated to support your development

people have donated my app gMaps, but you are doing better, I will forward all donations to you
    If you like my applications (SynoMusic, SynoDM, SynoFM) and want to donate for future upgrades and development
    tholap likes this.
  5.    #185  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    just donated

now only follow position (for in car or walking use) and poi/company search is missing for me.
    Hi... how do you imagine that? It is acceptable this behavior:

After pressing the compass button, the map centers to your location and the map is always centered (followed your car) on the GPS location until user initiate a other action like map drag or zoom.

Agree?
    gizmo21 and hphua like this.
  6.    #186  
    Quote Originally Posted by WknThDg View Post
    ... but a couple problems using 0.1.0 with my webOS 3.0.5 TouchPad...
    1. "Clear map" does not remove Routes or their A & B markers on the map (it only removes searched push-pin markers on the map).
    2. A & B marker infobubbles display problem using any map type with both 0.0.9 and 0.1.0 (see attached pic).
    ad1: It is a feature, not a bug at this time... but it will be changed
    ad2: it is known issue, look at changelog... it is a Touchpad webkit problem, Ill see how to override the bubble shadow

Quote Originally Posted by WknThDg View Post
    Some more requests/suggestions for your ToDo list...
    1. Can you please make it so the point of marker infobubbles (the location pointed to) are always centered on the map when found and/or selected from the numbered route points (and also for searched push-pin marker locations)?
    2. Since you have "Route from here", please change "Route here" to "Route to here".
    3. Pressing "Clear map" will also clear the "Origin:" & "Destination:" fields when going back to the "Directions" screen (if so, then rename "Clear map" to "Clear map & directions").
    ad1: I know about it, this is because the keyboard on TP always resize the map div element and the TP webkit cant listen to this event... I have to fix it in some other way
    ad2: Changed.. thank you
    ad3: Thank you... I missed this... I have to fix it

Thank you for briliant report!
    I love this. My only caution is be careful trying to add too many features, or you risk making it too complex and slow.
  8. vba
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I've just donated your work via paypal, thanks and congratulation it's a must have app on webos devices.

Couple of remarks:
    - in earlier versions I was able to find any address I wanted, now it's a bit tricky to input the search criteria which gives finds the address needed. (i.e. in 0.0.8 if I wanted to search for Hungary, Budapest, Konkoly-Thege Mikls t 21. ( konkoly-thege 21 - Google Maps) it was enough to input: konkoly-thege 21 (it took some time for the app to find it, but it had been found always). In the latest version it's nearly impossible to find this address.

What changed in the search algorythm? Is there any trick to give addres in the search input area?

Thanks for your help!
  9.    #189  
    Quote Originally Posted by V B A View Post
    (i.e. in 0.0.8 if I wanted to search for Hungary, Budapest, Konkoly-Thege Mikls t 21. ( konkoly-thege 21 - Google Maps) it was enough to input: konkoly-thege 21 (it took some time for the app to find it, but it had been found always). In the latest version it's nearly impossible to find this address.

What changed in the search algorythm? Is there any trick to give addres in the search input area?
    Uuu.. I'am confused.. look here:

I set the criteria "konkoly-thege 21" and your address pops.. no problem. I have to look if it works correct for your country. The algorithm is completely new. I think there is problem around your country code resolving... your phone Formats in Regional settings is set to Hungary?

Edit: works too with Hungary formats... I'am confused... I know the search is not perfect and sometimes won't search anything... I have to implement some busy indicators and feedback to user. But finally the address was always found...
    Last edited by 72ka; 04/17/2012 at 01:02 PM.
    I like the new icons in search. By the way, the issue with updating directions on my 1.4.5.1 Verizon Pre+ is better. Before, if I tried to update directions, I think it took a looooooong time with the spinning wheel of despair before it would be done...this time it only took about15 seconds I think.

Oh, regarding the new large icons...There is one problem...now with such a large push pin sitting over my house, it is blocking the sun so my vegetables in the back yard are not getting enough light to grow! Oh well, I guess I'll just have to set up some mirrors to reflect the sunlight under there!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

In the Directions View, the (A) icon is Green, nice.
    The (B) icon is also green, when elsewhere in the program you use (B) as a red icon.

Consistency is key :P
  12. vba
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Uuu.. I'am confused.. look here:

Click to view quoted image

Click to view quoted image

I set the criteria "konkoly-thege 21" and your address pops.. no problem. I have to look if it works correct for your country. The algorithm is completely new. I think there is problem around your country code resolving... your phone Formats in Regional settings is set to Hungary?

Edit: works too with Hungary formats... I'am confused... I know the search is not perfect and sometimes won't search anything... I have to implement some busy indicators and feedback to user. But finally the address was always found...
    Sorry the problem is with my phone. I have some data connection problems on 2g and I use my phone to save battery in 2g only mode. After switching the phone to 3g I have correct results.

Thank you anyway!
  13.    #193  
    Quote Originally Posted by Saijin_Naib View Post
    In the Directions View, the (A) icon is Green, nice.
    The (B) icon is also green, when elsewhere in the program you use (B) as a red icon.

Consistency is key :P
    I agree with you.. but the app is still in development and the icons on panel are default google markers and Id like to make big changes in directions panel (marker icons, navigation icons, more information...).
    Saijin_Naib likes this.

After pressing the compass button, the map centers to your location and the map is always centered (followed your car) on the GPS location until user initiate a other action like map drag or zoom.

Agree?
    I guess you can go for following the map only if the phone is in motion.
    Maybe make the algorithm smarter and polling rate based on the zoom level of the map.
    I'm not sure what the right way will be to disable/enable this.
    Since even if you move the map around while moving(which you shouldn't do if you're driving) you do that and then you want to be tracked after you're done.
    You might go for a hard switch(button) on the app - follow me or some sort of that - just make it easy to toggle.
    I hate in navit when I need to look at the route selected I have to go to the settings and uncheck map follows vehicle. Otherwise it polls the gps coordinates and by the time I scroll to the place I want to check - it moves it
    Am Loving each and every version you are rolling out.
    Thanks again for your precious work.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeushunt View Post
    Am Loving each and every version you are rolling out.
    Thanks again for your precious work.
    Be careful...if 72ka starts referring to his app as "my preciousssss", I'm going to start getting nervous! [shameless Gollum reference]

Originally Posted by 72ka

Agree?
    I like this idea of the behavior. If you tap compass button, the map is now centered AND locked on your position. That way, you can see your progress as you travel along your route (if you have an active route). And if you want to look at something else, or zoom in, that would deactivate the 'following' feature. That would be good for me...hopefully for others too.

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

I agree with having it lock once you press the center button. If you want to look away, you'll do some other action that'll break the lock anyway.

Intuitive, gets my vote.
  18.    #198  
    Thank for answers... Ill try to implement as I described higher.

Im working on direction improvement and fix for 1.4.5... I promise that next version will be functional on 1.4.5. It was horrible work, but I think that the result will be very usefull for everyone. Here is screenshot from my dev version, I use the same behavior asi Android map has, because it is very usable. Route contains navigation points. If the route is rendered, in the bottom menu i added two buttons <- and -> and using these buttons you can "drive" from point to point and the same nice bubble with instructions pops/close and the map i moved to this point. And, you can see the new A and B flags instead of google deafult markers.
    And I fixed the Clear map.. it clears everything.

Anyway, the 0.1.0 was submitted to Preware two days ago (finally I have a developer account, thanks to the site admins)... and this is problem, my release period is often shorter
    Fantastic development and feedback!
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Thank for answers... Ill try to implement as I described higher.

Im working on direction improvement and fix for 1.4.5... I promise that next version will be functional on 1.4.5. It was horrible work, but I think that the result will be very usefull for everyone. Here is screenshot from my dev version, I use the same behavior asi Android map has, because it is very usable. Route contains navigation points. If the route is rendered, in the bottom menu i added two buttons <- and -> and using these buttons you can "drive" from point to point and the same nice bubble with instructions pops/close and the map i moved to this point. And, you can see the new A and B flags instead of google deafult markers.
    And I fixed the Clear map.. it clears everything.

Anyway, the 0.1.0 was submitted to Preware two days ago (finally I have a developer account, thanks to the site admins)... and this is problem, my release period is often shorter
    You are too good! I like the navigation points, and being able to cycle through them. Thank you for all the hard work. And I was thinking the same thing about you submitting updates to Preware...you are coming out so fast with new updates, I don't know if they will be able to keep up!

So...do you have your bags packed for the hospital? You have to be ready to go any second! Or, if you are having the baby at home...make sure you have the doctor or mid-wife's number already programmed in your phone...on speed dial...