1.    #1  
    Hello Dear Developers!

Is there a tool to quickly check the modem (radio) status, a-la Nokia Network Monitor?
    Something that would show connection parameters - Cell ID, Frequency used, codecs used (when in a call), power levels, neighbouring cells etc - something useful for a cellular radio engineers.

Nokia has this tool on Symbian, then SonyEriccsson has SMAN with this module, then iPhone has it built-in (if you jailbreak it) and not sure about Android.

But my question is for Pre3 - there should be something available for debugging/troubleshooting data connectivity...
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cubeover View Post
    Hello Dear Developers!

Is there a tool to quickly check the modem (radio) status, a-la Nokia Network Monitor?
    Something that would show connection parameters - Cell ID, Frequency used, codecs used (when in a call), power levels, neighbouring cells etc - something useful for a cellular radio engineers.

Nokia has this tool on Symbian, then SonyEriccsson has SMAN with this module, then iPhone has it built-in (if you jailbreak it) and not sure about Android.

But my question is for Pre3 - there should be something available for debugging/troubleshooting data connectivity...
    Phone-##debug
  3.    #3  
    ##33284 "The number you have called is not connected."
    was that a joke?
    ##33284, Send
    and
    ##33284#

both work for me. If it doesn't work for you I'm guessing you have a GSM phone? Those codes may be CDMA-centric. Don't know how it differs for GSM.
    The debug function is only avail for the CDMA variants.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  6.    #6  
    ##DEATH#
    ha ha yes I have UMTS phone (GSM is used for 2G networks)