1.    #1  
    Hi everyone

I am currently developing a small strategy game as a hobby project and was curious if anyone wanted to see it on webos. Its still in development but you can grab an early alpha build for the PC from:

www dot steamingpenguins dot com (not enough posts to place urls )

I have got it running on my Pre, the only question is whether it is still worth polishing up for you guys to play with.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Penguins, Sharks & lasers?!?! Please make it so. Sounds worthwhile to me. Pre3 & Touchpad versions. When you're ready and need beta testers, please post to the webOS Apps folder and count me in as a tester.
    Are you looking to create a webOS app with this?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Are you looking to create a webOS app with this?
    Well yes, the game works on a Palm Pre, but the current lack of RAM would mean further optimization, at least on that phone (Initial loading time already clocks in at nearly 30 seconds even with an overclocked kernel). I believe the Pre Plus and anything newer should be able to handle the game smoothly in its current state.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by cujoq37 View Post
    Penguins, Sharks & lasers?!?! Please make it so. Sounds worthwhile to me. Pre3 & Touchpad versions. When you're ready and need beta testers, please post to the webOS Apps folder and count me in as a tester.
    Ok, I am making an early alpha release available for a bit of testing. Really curious as to how the game performs on different hardware (if it launches at all). Should support everything from the pixi onwards.

http://www.steamingpenguins.com/com...._0.0.1_all.ipk
    Can you post some screenshots by any chance?

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pozlp_wnkRk[/YT]

Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  7.    #7  
    There you go Its still very early alpha and i am hammering out the graphics but the sharks are there
    Attached Images Attached Images