Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By laingman
  1.    #1  
    I listen to music constantly so I have bought every music player and streamer. I missed nanplayer so much I decided to load it up on 2.2.4 just to see what would happen. To my surprise it actually luanched. All of the UI elements work. But it cant find the music files.

Anyway it was it will stay on my phone, I will just play with it till I get bored of wishing it could load some files.

For those of you who have never used nanplayer, lets put it this way:
    nanplayer= webos, simple beautiful and gets it done
    Music Player Remix= more like android, everything feature you ever wanted but the UI very busy, crowded whatever you wanna call it.
    all the others fall somewhere in between

I mean how did he know way back then then that album art should be displayed in all its glory, meaning full screen side to side. And that I dont need the scrubber/progress thing all all the time, not for a three minute song. But for when I do want it for podcasts or whatever there is a arrow thing that overlays the scrubber thing and the repeat thing and the shuffle thing. So I could choose the repeat the song from any screen

Ant then down at the bottom you have the main controls play pause home, etc. Thats all I need on my screen, but if i need to more extras swipe the bar to the left and there they are. Absolute genius.

There it is, my ode to nanplayer, the greatest player that never made it to the app catalog.
    bnceo likes this.
    LaingMan I sad to know that nanplayer no longer works with 2.2.4
    Its was my default Music Player and it was the Best.. I think it still will be..

Just checked http://nanplayer.ning.com/

Maintenance
    We apologize for the inconvenience, but NaNplayer is currently undergoing maintenance.

I wish JC could have continued his amazing work.

Now that he is a HP Employee (If he is still in HP) I can Probably check.. (me being in HP as well)
    I think he is no longer with HP

JC Camargo

Computer Scientist, Digital Publishing Suite
    Adobe
    ADBE; Computer Software industry
    January 2012 – Present (2 months) San Francisco Bay Area
    Thanks for checking.. I was thinking about trying to get ahold of him myself. Perhaps now he can continue working on it, if he hasn't given up on webOS (and I'd bet he has. I can only imagine, having gone to work for Palm and then everything that happened last year). If nothing else, to get permission to attempt patching it for the 2.x and 3.x media indexer.
    Hi Grabber,

I wish Leo was fired earlier..
    I found JC in LinkedIn
    Please try .. geting hold of JC..

Would Love to keep this Great App Alive.
    Any Luck Grabber ?
    Finally I hear from JC Camargo ‏ @mobiDevJC on twitter

@Zeus_Hunt Cool. Thanks. I'll let you know if/when I'm ready to test a new version.
  8.    #8  
    Wow. There is a God
    Where exactly could I get an ipk of nanplayer? I saw some screenshots and it looked pretty cool.
    "The best way to get something done is to begin" ~ Author Unknown
    Good job!

Bring 'er back.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by AwesomePalmPre127 View Post
    Where exactly could I get an ipk of nanplayer? I saw some screenshots and it looked pretty cool.
    It was only available to registered beta testers. I have it but I don't think its legal to share.
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    It was only available to registered beta testers. I have it but I don't think its legal to share.
    Thats fine. Just wondering.
    "The best way to get something done is to begin" ~ Author Unknown