Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys, here's a place to let me know of any bugs, tips, or other important things. Go at it!
    **Developer of Pandora Tablet for Touchpad** (Click to Download)

@drewksparks_dev on Twitter

Devices: Palm Pre 2 and 32gb Touchpad

I'm a webOS freak, according to my mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by drewksparks View Post
    Hey guys, here's a place to let me know of any bugs, tips, or other important things. Go at it!
    saa-weet!
    how can I download this to my tp? I only see a phone option in the link. Sorry if this is a silly question, but I didn't find it in the app catalogue or in preware.
    thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trovahead View Post
    how can I download this to my tp? I only see a phone option in the link. Sorry if this is a silly question, but I didn't find it in the app catalogue or in preware.
    thanks!
    If you open the above link in the standard, not advanced, browser on the touchpad, it should open up in the app catalog.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    I tried just typing in the URL on my Touchpad and it just gives "This is not a valid HP WebOS application." But coming to this forum and clicking on the link here worked. Not sure why the difference.

There are some obvious UI things that probably don't need to be pointing out, like the buttons to get to the station list and info are not placed well and visually could be more clear as buttons, the blue text in the info view is hard to read, I'm not sure how to get back from the info view (except by way of the station list), in the station list Quick Mix shows up covered by the top bar, and the A-Z link at the bottom has some nbsp; showing.

There's so much space on the Touchpad screen, it would be nice for the Info view to show the song/artist/album names the same size as the normal view and the album art maybe half as big as the normal view, with the info text either next to it (landscape) or below it (portrait). Actually portrait view needs work anyway...

Really nice that the thumb buttons and pause/skip are available in the info view, and the notifications are well done.

One thing that is really crappy about the Pandora website is the view of songs you have given the thumbs up or bookmarked. The list is only available in chronological order, it shows duplicates, and to see the whole thing you have to click More about a million times. I would love a way to get a quick list of everything I bookmarked, sorted by artist. Since I bookmark songs because I am thinking I might buy the album if there is more than one good song on it.
    Can we get an .ipk? Im in Canada but I travel to the USA a lot.

I cant download from app catalog or the link you gave me because it says the application is unavailable for my country. My touchpad is set to Canada so even if I download in the USA when im there I get the same story.

App Tuckerbox doesnt show it either.

Thanks!
    cant navigate out of help, hafta restart app. love the app btw
    Some issues, but a very good start to an app that is much needed. My particular issues so far:

- on the notifications, the thumbs down button is a little too far to the left, it is onto the song title.

- getting back from the track info is not intuitive, and there is some weird formatting at the top.

Other issues have already been noted. Can't wait for updates! Keep up the good work.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Can we get an .ipk? Im in Canada but I travel to the USA a lot.

I cant download from app catalog or the link you gave me because it says the application is unavailable for my country. My touchpad is set to Canada so even if I download in the USA when im there I get the same story.

App Tuckerbox doesnt show it either.

Thanks!
    Email me. drewksparks@gmail.com
    I'll see what I can do.

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    I just downloaded it and the audio is horrible. I still have the old version from my pre- installed on the TP and i did the "no skip" deal as well. It sounds great but is still formatted for the phone. Am i doing something wrong?
  11.    #11  
    Try doing a restart. I've never seen this problem before.

Are you using headphones or the touchpad speakers?

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Touchpad speakers....
    The volume was really low and also sounded almost like i had it cranked all of the way up and my speakers were blown.
    I rebooted and it is now working fine. Strange....
    Thanks so much for the quick response, totally lovin it right now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shineon View Post
    I just downloaded it and the audio is horrible. I still have the old version from my pre- installed on the TP and i did the "no skip" deal as well. It sounds great but is still formatted for the phone. Am i doing something wrong?
    Sound issue is not related to the application but you might check out the HD patch for the phone pandora app if you're accustomed to the phone version.
    [PATCH] Pan___do___ra for TouchPad

I had 2 of them on my TP but kind of prefer the old one.
    How do you guys like this? I don't know if it's actually legal (licensing) to just modify their Pandora app and redistribute it as your own, but this is what my roommate and I have come up with...

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    fxspec06 and WknThDg like this.
    Just found this app, looks great! Only thing is, I prefer to download apps from the main App Catalog feed. Any news on whether this app will be coming to the main Catalog soon?
    - techlover10, long time webOS fan and Pulse News supporter
    Please check out my thread at http://forums.webosnation.com/app-re...may-think.html
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by techlover10 View Post
    Just found this app, looks great! Only thing is, I prefer to download apps from the main App Catalog feed. Any news on whether this app will be coming to the main Catalog soon?
    I won't submit this to the official catalog until all of the bugs have been worked out. Even then, I'm not 100% sure that it will be approved, because it isn't officially sanctioned by Pandora. I've tried to contact them, but to no avail. As a consumer, what makes you uncomfortable about Web Distribution apps? Just curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    How do you guys like this? I don't know if it's actually legal (licensing) to just modify their Pandora app and redistribute it as your own, but this is what my roommate and I have come up with...

Click to view quoted image

Click to view quoted image
    That looks awesome dude.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

18.    #18  
    Here's what I hope to accomplish in my app, if not more. What do you like, or not?
    Attached Images Attached Images

harpo95993 and zzt53 like this.
    It's not that I don't like web distribution apps, I just prefer to stay away from apps with beta labels on them. I have had some bad experiences with beta software in the past, and I prefer to avoid them because I can never be sure whether the beta label is from the fact that the software itself has bugs within it or that it has bugs that can affect other aspects of my system. BTW, just curious, what is the approval process like for web distribution apps? I have always wondered what the difference is between submitting an app for web distribution and submitting an app for the main catalog, and what is the difference for a consumer. I myself am not a developer, so I have no experience for submitting apps. I just generally feel weird if I am going through a "back door", so to speak, for getting software on my TouchPad.

Also, I caved and downloaded your app anyway. It is really epic, and already miles ahead of the official Pandora app. The only thing that bugs me is the funky button placement/overlapping stuff but I figure that will probably be ironed out in the official release. Also, I think that it would be nice to have both good portrait and landscape support, but as I am mainly a landscape user it does not bother me that much. Also, your concept app looks beautiful. Love the app!
    - techlover10, long time webOS fan and Pulse News supporter
    Please check out my thread at http://forums.webosnation.com/app-re...may-think.html
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by techlover10 View Post
    It's not that I don't like web distribution apps, I just prefer to stay away from apps with beta labels on them. I have had some bad experiences with beta software in the past, and I prefer to avoid them because I can never be sure whether the beta label is from the fact that the software itself has bugs within it or that it has bugs that can affect other aspects of my system. BTW, just curious, what is the approval process like for web distribution apps? I have always wondered what the difference is between submitting an app for web distribution and submitting an app for the main catalog, and what is the difference for a consumer. I myself am not a developer, so I have no experience for submitting apps. I just generally feel weird if I am going through a "back door", so to speak, for getting software on my TouchPad.

Also, I caved and downloaded your app anyway. It is really epic, and already miles ahead of the official Pandora app. The only thing that bugs me is the funky button placement/overlapping stuff but I figure that will probably be ironed out in the official release. Also, I think that it would be nice to have both good portrait and landscape support, but as I am mainly a landscape user it does not bother me that much. Also, your concept app looks beautiful. Love the app!
    I pushed out an update fixing the portrait and most o the overlapping buttons. It should be ready for download.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast