Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    These are all based on current version in HP app catalog

1. BUG - Wrong password screen
    "There is a problem with your request
    I'm sorry I don't recognize...blah blah..."

There are extra html tags that are showing in the text at the end of the line you see the actually code
    Code:
    <br/><br/>
    2. BUG / Feature Enhancement - No back buttons
    Once you navigate to certain areas it's not easily possible to get back to where you was. For instance, first screen that comes up if you hit the plus (+) to add a channel then change your mind to just select your current one you can't just go back to the previous screen, first you have to go to the "now playing" screen then go to the channel listing.

3. Feature Enhancement - Utilize panels
    The channel listing and information tabs should be accessible via slide out panels instead of pop up overlays (imo).
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    These are all based on current version in HP app catalog

1. BUG - Wrong password screen
    "There is a problem with your request
    I'm sorry I don't recognize...blah blah..."

There are extra html tags that are showing in the text at the end of the line you see the actually code
    Code:
    <br/><br/>
    2. BUG / Feature Enhancement - No back buttons
    Once you navigate to certain areas it's not easily possible to get back to where you was. For instance, first screen that comes up if you hit the plus (+) to add a channel then change your mind to just select your current one you can't just go back to the previous screen, first you have to go to the "now playing" screen then go to the channel listing.

3. Feature Enhancement - Utilize panels
    The channel listing and information tabs should be accessible via slide out panels instead of pop up overlays (imo).
    BUG - Scrolling

I should not be able to scroll the screen vertically so that everything disappears off of the screen. Preferably scrolling would be locked to horizontally and not allow any vertical scrolling, but if you want to allow vertical scrolling. Scrolling up, should act as the same way it does when scrolling down as it should just bounce back into place and not seem to scroll endlessly.

BUG - Portrait viewing

Screen is off center

BUG - Bouncing Screen
    When viewing in landscape or portrait sliding the last song (current song playing) slightly to the left and letting go will cause the image to bounce forever until fixing it. The image should have pre-set locked positions, sliding slightly to the left or right should cause the image to slide into a predetermined spot.

BUG - Bottom menu (bookmark song etc)
    When in portrait mode and accessing the bottom menu then without closing and switching to landscape mode the bottom menu disappears off of the bottom of the screen and is barely visible.

Feature Request - Screen rotation handling
    When changing from portrait to landscape and visa verse it would be nice if the current song playing always maintains it's correct current position (e.g. always on the far right).

If you go from portrait to landscape it is in the middle of the screen and when going from landscape to portrait it displays half off the screen.
    Last edited by HardBeatZ; 02/22/2012 at 04:33 PM.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

BUG - Notification delay
    Currently open web app navigated to facebook.com and Pandora Tablet.

1. Minimize Pandora and don't launch new application - Notification icon appears in bar rather quickly.

2. Minimize Pandora and launch new application (in this case it was the web app) - Notification icon takes considerably longer to appear in the top nav bar.

BUG - Progress bar

As previously mentioned you can not even see the progress bar at all when in landscape mode

Feature Request - Timer

Length of time of the song would be nice and how long into the song you currently are (if possible)
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

Feature Request - No wireless connection help

If you don't have a wireless connection it might be helpful to link to a help article to help configure the wireless network. Although this is outside of my realm of what I do within HP I know there is help sections available on the device for this instance that if there is no wireless network to help troubleshoot that issue. It might be helpful to link to those articles in the popup when it can't find a wireless network.

Feature Request - About section

Good to know information

BUG - Help
    Support shows the html code in the box instead of the actual information

BUG - Drop down menu doesn't work in Help
    After accessing help you can't access the drop down menu (portrait or landscape)

BUG - Sign out in the drop down menu capitalizes the first word of everything. (e.g. Hard***@Aol.Com)

Feature Request - Ability to access "My profile"

Feature Request - Ability to share (via Facebook, email, etc)

Feature Request - Pandora now displays the lyrics to songs they play, would be nice to see this on the tablet as well.

Feature Request - Place a retry button in the menu on the main splash screen during start up for connection errors.

1. Turn off wifi
    2. Launch Pandora
    3. Don't choose an option
    4. Let device sleep
    5. Wake up TouchPad
    6. Connect to wireless network.

No way to try to reconnect to the network via the application unless you close and re-open.

Bug - During this state as well the "Help" button is not available, a good place to point to wireless connectivity help options.

Bug - Software manager says version 0.93, help says 1.04

Bug - Clicking on the "i" (information) the channel name is displayed off screen above the locked image of the current song playing.

Feature Request - Channel Listing. The "Now Playing" button in the upper right doesn't look like a button or that it is anything to click on.

Feature Request - Support Contact information built into application under Help.
    Last edited by HardBeatZ; 02/22/2012 at 06:10 PM.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5.    #45  
    HardBeatZ:
    Thank you, I will try to fix these in the next update. In landscape, the progress bar should take up the bottom two pixels of the screen. (In the next update, I made the timing more accurate, moved the bar up some, and added timestamps in portrait)
    **Developer of Pandora Tablet for Touchpad** (Click to Download)

@drewksparks_dev on Twitter

Devices: Palm Pre 2 and 32gb Touchpad

I'm a webOS freak, according to my mother.
    I'd prefer the artwork of the currently playing song to center itself in the same place that the artwork centers itself when you scroll back through previous songs.
    - techlover10, long time webOS fan and Pulse News supporter
    Please check out my thread at http://forums.webosnation.com/app-re...may-think.html
    Quote Originally Posted by drewksparks View Post
    HardBeatZ:
    Thank you, I will try to fix these in the next update. In landscape, the progress bar should take up the bottom two pixels of the screen. (In the next update, I made the timing more accurate, moved the bar up some, and added timestamps in portrait)
    What about timestamps in landscape?
    Pandora Radio (as well as with the TouchPad patch) can be selected as an alarm sound for the Timepiece app (Awake2Music is another app in the HP App Catalog that can do this).
    The Pandora Radio/Timepiece combo works in Exhibition Mode as well.
    Timepiece WILL allow Pandora Radio to be selected as an alarm sound EVEN if isn't installed.
    If this is done though, when the alarm time is triggered the default alarm sound is played instead, and an error message will pop-up saying that "Pandora cannot be launched. Check that Pandora is installed properly".
    If ONLY Pandora Tablet is installed INSTEAD of Pandora Radio, Timepiece will still display this same behavior.

This is because the install path of Pandora Radio is different than Pandora Tablet (com.palm.pandora vs. com.drewksparks.pandora-tablet).

Here's my workaround though...
    In the 5th line of the appinfo.json file, replace com.drewksparks.pandora-tablet with com.palm.pandora.
    Because of the change made above, if an ipk file is now rebuilt with IPK Packager and installed, "Software Manager" will prompt to update Pandora Tablet to v1.0.4.
    This is because Pandora Tablet is currently at v0.9.3 but installed in the Pandora Radio path at v0.9.3 version.
    Since Pandora Radio is currently at v1.0.4, hence the update prompt.
    To circumvent this prompt I made another change to the appinfo.json file.
    In the 8th line of the appinfo.json file, replace 0.9.3 with 1.0.4.
    The ipk file can now be rebuilt with IPK Packager BUT DON"T INSTALL IT YET!!!

IF Pandora Radio AND/OR Pandora Tablet is currently installed AND/OR any patches for them, uninstall any and all patches for both FIRST.
    THEN uninstall both Pandora Radio AND/OR Pandora Tablet.
    Pandora Radio & Pandora Tablet CAN NOT co-exist if the changes above are made!
    Install the rebuilt ipk file.
    IF you were using the "Pandora Tablet Unlimited Skips (TouchPad).patch" before, you can't now.
    Instead, the "Pandora Unlimited Skips.patch" must now be used.

The changes above could be made into a "Pandora Tablet 0.9.3 for Timepiece.patch" file, but IDK how to do that from scratch.

NOTE: You WILL NOT receive updates to Pandora Tablet if it's app id is changed to com.palm.pandora.
    Another solution is to just install both apps as usual and then their patches if desired. Timepiece can then use Pandora Radio as an alarm sound.

Hopefully, the Timepiece developer can add Pandora Tablet as a supported alarm sound feature in a future Timepiece version update.
    If not, I'm currently exploring a way to see if mod or patch can be made to Timepiece that will add Pandora Tablet as an alarm sound.
    Last edited by WknThDg; 02/24/2012 at 12:06 PM.
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by WknThDg View Post
    Pandora Radio (as well as with the TouchPad patch) can be selected as an alarm sound for the Timepiece app (Awake2Music is another app in the HP App Catalog that can do this).
    The Pandora Radio/Timepiece combo works in Exhibition Mode as well.
    Timepiece WILL allow Pandora Radio to be selected as an alarm sound EVEN if isn't installed.
    If this is done though, when the alarm time is triggered the default alarm sound is played instead, and an error message will pop-up saying that "Pandora cannot be launched. Check that Pandora is installed properly".
    If ONLY Pandora Tablet is installed INSTEAD of Pandora Radio, Timepiece will still display this same behavior.

This is because the install path of Pandora Radio is different than Pandora Tablet (com.palm.pandora vs. com.drewksparks.pandora-tablet).

Here's my workaround though...
    In the 5th line of the appinfo.json file, replace com.drewksparks.pandora-tablet with com.palm.pandora.
    Because of the change made above, if an ipk file is now rebuilt with IPK Packager and installed, "Software Manager" will prompt to update Pandora Tablet to v1.0.4.
    This is because Pandora Tablet is currently at v0.9.3 but installed in the Pandora Radio path at v0.9.3 version.
    Since Pandora Radio is currently at v1.0.4, hence the update prompt.
    To circumvent this prompt I made another change to the appinfo.json file.
    In the 8th line of the appinfo.json file, replace 0.9.3 with 1.0.4.
    The ipk file can now be rebuilt with IPK Packager BUT DON"T INSTALL IT YET!!!

IF Pandora Radio AND/OR Pandora Tablet is currently installed AND/OR any patches for them, uninstall any and all patches for both FIRST.
    THEN uninstall both Pandora Radio AND/OR Pandora Tablet.
    Pandora Radio & Pandora Tablet CAN NOT co-exist if the changes above are made!
    Install the rebuilt ipk file.
    IF you were using the "Pandora Tablet Unlimited Skips (TouchPad).patch" before, you can't now.
    Instead, the "Pandora Unlimited Skips.patch" must now be used.

The changes above could be made into a "Pandora Tablet 0.9.3 for Timepiece.patch" file, but IDK how to do that from scratch.
    I have contacted the developer for the Timepiece app, hopefully he will add Pandora Tablet to the list of supported apps. Everyone who uses the fix above for Timepiece, be aware that you will not be receiving any updates for Pandora Tablet. This is not my choice, I want everyone to be able to modify my app in any way they want, but by changing the app id to com.palm.pandora you effectively remove the app from my control. What I would personally suggest doing is after you finish the process above, go and download Pandora Tablet again, and use the other just as an alarm. This way, you can receive updates on the app that you actually use during the day.
    **Developer of Pandora Tablet for Touchpad** (Click to Download)

@drewksparks_dev on Twitter

Devices: Palm Pre 2 and 32gb Touchpad

I'm a webOS freak, according to my mother.
    BUG - Can't launch Pandora Tablet application after launching in exhibition mode

Steps to reproduce

1. Place on Touchstone
    2. Launch Exhibition mode
    3. Switch exhibition mode to Pandora Tablet
    4. Close out of Exhibition mode
    5. Attempt to launch Pandora Tablet
    ***Application will at this point unable to be opened, just lights up but nothing happens***

To fix the problem
    1. Launch exhibition mode
    2. Switch mode from Pandora Tablet to something else (for my case I used photos)
    3. Attempt to launch Pandora Tablet
    ***Application will now openly properly***
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

I have contacted the developer for the Timepiece app, hopefully he will add Pandora Tablet to the list of supported apps. Everyone who uses the fix above for Timepiece, be aware that you will not be receiving any updates for Pandora Tablet. This is not my choice, I want everyone to be able to modify my app in any way they want, but by changing the app id to com.palm.pandora you effectively remove the app from my control. What I would personally suggest doing is after you finish the process above, go and download Pandora Tablet again, and use the other just as an alarm. This way, you can receive updates on the app that you actually use during the day.
    Good point about not receiving updates to Pandora Tablet if it's app id is changed to com.palm.pandora.
    I did realize that but forgot to mention it. I updated my post with that info.
    Although your personal suggestion would work as described, it would also cause the TouchPad to have 2 identical shortcuts with the same icon & name.
    My original solution was installing both Pandora Radio (w/ the TouchPad Patch) & Pandora Tablet.
    This results in different names and icons for the 2 shortcuts, easily identifying that each app is installed.

I don't know if this is possible for non-built in apps, but it'd be nice if the controls for Pandora Tablet were active on the lockscreen, kinda like the controls for the native music app are.
    - techlover10, long time webOS fan and Pulse News supporter
    Please check out my thread at http://forums.webosnation.com/app-re...may-think.html
    Just a thought, but perhaps the entire app could reside in the notification area.
    Just to let everyone know, the guy who posted as "Jakeeeee" is directly copying my pandora app. He is currently (according to his twitter account) making an app with the EXACT SAME FUNCTIONALITY and concept as my own. Should I be mad?

My reasoning for being upset:
    1. This was my idea.
    2. He posted on this forum that is for my app.
    3. webOS needs original apps, not developers copying each others apps.
    4. I have been beta testing my app for over a month, and putting many hours into it. I want it to be perfect for its App Catalog debut.

I personally think I have every right to be mad.
    No, your app is the phone app upscaled. It's the Mojo version with Mojo controls. It's fairly obvious. My version is purely Enyo. You did not write the code in your app. Our version is directly based off of the phone version. I can prove this for your app as well as my own.

Quote Originally Posted by techlover10 View Post
    I saw what he said on his Twitter and it looks like the basic idea is the same. However, before this he was just working on a modified version of the Pandora app. Your version, I believe, is also not quite an Enyo app so much. Ultimately, I agree with your anger, but I'd wait and see what he comes up with and then decide what to do. It may be that he simply has his own vision of a tablet Pandora app, and he wants to try to create it. It may also be that he just wants to rip off your idea. One cannot quite be sure until they see the product.
    His anger is baseless.

@techlover10
    I know, he said he was developing an Enyo version, but his screenshots were pure Mojo. I think he means Enyo to be "for Touchpad" and not really Enyo. I've tweeted at him, but to no response. I also see no mention of a Pandora tablet app in his past posts, and he added the "Pandora Tablet(coming soon?)" to his signature AFTER he posted his screenshots. This screams to me that he is stealing my idea.

@Willard
    Its good, I didn't think he would actually go through with it.

Any recommended actions if he does steal some of my code?
    I am going through with it. I did not steal your code, nor would I want to, because you're using the phone version.

Good luck with your multiple donate buttons all over an app you didn't write.

EDIT:
    Also, I am not trying to 1-up you, nor am I attempting to steal your thunder. I'm simply stating that your accusations of
    1. Your idea of making an app is the same as my idea of making an app. We started it around the same time.
    2. I agree that I should make my own thread.
    3. You copied the phone app, and I'm writing a COMPLETELY original design in Enyo. The functionality of our application is based off of the OFFICIAL Mojo Pandora phone version that they released. Not yours, even though yours is their app upscaled. You cannot deny that and you shouldn't lie and say you wrote this application on your own.
    4. Like I said, my goal isn't to take away what you've done, but we're publishing a full Enyo UI version of the functionality of the phone app.

See here: https://twitter.com/#!/JakeMorrison2.../photo/1/large
    Last edited by Jakeeeee; 03/16/2012 at 02:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    fxspec06 and 60RH like this.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I saw the screenshot of your Pandora tablet app and it truly doesn't look like drewksparks' at all. I'm looking forward to seeing it on the app catalog. But it's mean what you say about the donate buttons on his app. It's not big like a banner of advertisement. Just some buttons to make it easy for people who want to donate for using his app for free.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    2. I agree that I should make my own thread.

What's stopping you form making your own thread?

You've had several comments that your screenshots look interesting. Go make a thread and post links to your app in the HP app catalog.

As it stands you are advertising your as yet unreleased competing app in another developer's forum.

Drew has been very forthcoming that he is learning to code and created this thread to solicit constructive criticism.

Right now Drew's app is by far the best released Pandora app for the TP.
    Sometimes these kind of collisions just happen. Wackware recently released a free patch (donations encouraged) for the Evernote mojo app that enabled full-screen display on the TP (similart to Drew's Pandora app). Less than 2 weeks later, PetzApps released an Enyo app for Evernote that blew the Mojo app away. That's life.

That said, it's poor form for any developer to mention his own app or to critique a competing app on the competing app's official dev thread, IMO.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    Sometimes these kind of collisions just happen. Wackware recently released a free patch (donations encouraged) for the Evernote mojo app that enabled full-screen display on the TP (similart to Drew's Pandora app). Less than 2 weeks later, PetzApps released an Enyo app for Evernote that blew the Mojo app away. That's life.
    About 3 Weeks before the Evernote patch, I put up a Pandora patch. When I saw Drew's stuff, I PM'd him to see if there was anything he could use in my patch. I don't know if he used anything or not.

I got my Pantays in a wad once with another developer, but ended up with my foot deep in my mouth. Lesson learned there was that there is always someone smarter than I. Anyway, we should all just stick to trying to hold this sparse community together and remember: Competition and collaboration often achieve similar results at similar times. It comes down to how hard do you want to work.

Cheers,
    TWack
    On my 4G TouchPad, Pre3 or Panda-Veer.
    If you like our patches, please consider donating to the cause.

|wackware|google+|facebook|twitter|shortcut|mylo|multiapp|flashfile|donate|
    60RH likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post

That said, it's poor form for any developer to mention his own app or to critique a competing app on the competing app's official dev thread, IMO.
    I'm not trying to compete with anyone. I'm just setting facts straight and just putting out there what I have. The whole history of webOS is to work together on projects. Sure there's been competition(see Phnx/Carbon), but I'm not here to do anything wrong. I'm just posting what I have and setting facts straight after being accused of stealing code.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    I'm not trying to compete with anyone. I'm just setting facts straight and just putting out there what I have. The whole history of webOS is to work together on projects. Sure there's been competition(see Phnx/Carbon), but I'm not here to do anything wrong. I'm just posting what I have and setting facts straight after being accused of stealing code.
    Maybe you should just say nothing from now on and let people spread rumors about you. Because that's a good solution.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast