Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    I pushed out an update fixing the portrait and most o the overlapping buttons. It should be ready for download.
    Great update!
    ArchonAdvisors likes this.
  2.    #22  
    Okay, I'm thinking that I might change the info scene so that is looks similar to the nowplaying scene, only with smaller song tiles, and with the song and artist info at the bottom. Thoughts? (I'll get some concept art up when I get a chance.)
    **Developer of Pandora Tablet for Touchpad** (Click to Download)

@drewksparks_dev on Twitter

Devices: Palm Pre 2 and 32gb Touchpad

I'm a webOS freak, according to my mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by drewksparks View Post
    I pushed out an update fixing the portrait and most o the overlapping buttons. It should be ready for download.
    Great! I'm loving the new menu and info button styles. Portrait mode is looking pretty good, but it looks like the song timeline isn't scaling properly to the portrait resolution, it seems to extend off my screen in portrait mode. Also, the buttons aren't appearing in the exact corner in artist/song info mode in Portrait orientation. Overall, though, great update!

P.S. What's with the "&nbsp A-Z   " ? I think your hashtags might not be matching:-P
    - techlover10, long time webOS fan and Pulse News supporter
    Please check out my thread at http://forums.webosnation.com/app-re...may-think.html
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Okay, I'm thinking that I might change the info scene so that is looks similar to the nowplaying scene, only with smaller song tiles, and with the song and artist info at the bottom. Thoughts? (I'll get some concept art up when I get a chance.)

I like the idea. An alternative would be an Enyo-style pull-out page with the Info.

Incidentally I like the black text in the Info view better than what you had before.

Clicking the song image to get back is still not quite as obvious as it should be. It doesn't look or feel like a button. It just seems kind of weird that it doesn't scroll with the page. Plus, because it is bigger than the button to go to the station list, it pushes that button down below where it should be. If you reduced it to the size of the station list button, it might be more clear. (Even better if you rounded the corner the same way. Not sure if that's possible.) Or just use an icon of a note or something, especially if you are displaying the album image on the page.

I don't see a way to get back from the station list, except by choosing the same station again. A button would be good there.

I do like the new info and station list buttons, they are easy to spot now and have good contrast with the rest of the page.
  5.    #25  
    WHAM! App update submitted

BANG!! Bug fixes

SHAZAM! Easy way to donate in-app

KERPLOW! new splashscreen, and the progress bar is less intrusive.

Hope you guys like the update! Hopefully we'll be ready for a REAL Catalog release soon.

Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Donated. I actually like the previous progress bar better. It lets me see how far in and how long songs are.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    drewksparks likes this.
    Agreed. I like how the bars look nice in both portrait and landscape but I kinda miss the time at the beginning and end. Love the new splash screen though.
    Please check out my thread at http://forums.webosnation.com/app-re...may-think.html
  8.    #28  
    Just to let everyone know, the guy who posted as "Jakeeeee" is directly copying my pandora app. He is currently (according to his twitter account) making an app with the EXACT SAME FUNCTIONALITY and concept as my own. Should I be mad?

My reasoning for being upset:
    1. This was my idea.
    2. He posted on this forum that is for my app.
    3. webOS needs original apps, not developers copying each others apps.
    4. I have been beta testing my app for over a month, and putting many hours into it. I want it to be perfect for its App Catalog debut.

I personally think I have every right to be mad.
    I saw what he said on his Twitter and it looks like the basic idea is the same. However, before this he was just working on a modified version of the Pandora app. Your version, I believe, is also not quite an Enyo app so much. Ultimately, I agree with your anger, but I'd wait and see what he comes up with and then decide what to do. It may be that he simply has his own vision of a tablet Pandora app, and he wants to try to create it. It may also be that he just wants to rip off your idea. One cannot quite be sure until they see the product.

Also, I had a great idea for your app (a modified version of jdale's. Idea)..just wanted to throw this out there. Now Playing pane as an Enyo sliding pane over the list of stations. Info pane shows up when now playing pane is fully extended. And it goes from there. Just thought it would be neat.
    I personally think I have every right to be mad.
    Yep.

Well I feel like an ***, I assumed he was working with you.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by techlover10 View Post
    I saw what he said on his Twitter and it looks like the basic idea is the same. However, before this he was just working on a modified version of the Pandora app. Your version, I believe, is also not quite an Enyo app so much. Ultimately, I agree with your anger, but I'd wait and see what he comes up with and then decide what to do. It may be that he simply has his own vision of a tablet Pandora app, and he wants to try to create it. It may also be that he just wants to rip off your idea. One cannot quite be sure until they see the product.

Also, I had a great idea for your app (a modified version of jdale's. Idea)..just wanted to throw this out there. Now Playing pane as an Enyo sliding pane over the list of stations. Info pane shows up when now playing pane is fully extended. And it goes from there. Just thought it would be neat.
    @techlover10
    I know, he said he was developing an Enyo version, but his screenshots were pure Mojo. I think he means Enyo to be "for Touchpad" and not really Enyo. I've tweeted at him, but to no response. I also see no mention of a Pandora tablet app in his past posts, and he added the "Pandora Tablet(coming soon?)" to his signature AFTER he posted his screenshots. This screams to me that he is stealing my idea.

@Willard
    Its good, I didn't think he would actually go through with it.

Any recommended actions if he does steal some of my code?

Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I didn't see this guy's post. But I know one other person, Twack, has also been working on Pandora for Touchpad, but is through patch. I know you have been working on Pandora tablet since the beginning and have seen how much it has improved by your work. I can back you up on that note.

13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by matchqq View Post
    I didn't see this guy's post. But I know one other person, Twack, has also been working on Pandora for Touchpad, but is through patch. I know you have been working on Pandora tablet since the beginning and have seen how much it has improved by your work. I can back you up on that note.

Twack has helped me considerably along the way, and he gave me permission to implement some of his patch data into my app.

Willard likes this.
  14.    #34  
    Everyone, just got the OK from HP to publish into the official App Catalog. According to the website, it should be published. I'm at school, without my Touchpad, could anyone confirm? Thanks everyone for your continued support.

Once again, the policy is still standing that if Pandora contacts me and asks me to take the application offline, I will comply immediately. I have sent them emails making them aware of my app.

Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Not on the app catalog yet.

16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by matchqq View Post
    Not on the app catalog yet.
    Got it. It might take awhile to update.
  17.    #37  
    its up and ready for download!!!
    its up and ready for download!!!
    Your HP App Catalog review post on 2/18/12 said "v1.00 will be the App catalog version." but I'm seeing it listed as still v0.9.3.

With v0.9.3...

1- The playtime/ending timers are not visible anymore.
    Were they intentionally removed or now just not visable because progress bar extends to far and is beyond the screen edges in both portrait & landscape?
    2- In landscape mode this progress bar is at the very bottom of the screen and barely visible (below the thumbs-up/down & pause/next buttons and only like 1 px tall).
    3- The Now Playing list name between the Now Playing & "i" info. buttons is slightly (about 3 characters) off-center to the right.
    Last edited by WknThDg; 02/22/2012 at 02:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WknThDg View Post
    Your HP App Catalog review post on 2/18/12 said "v1.00 will be the App catalog version." but I'm seeing it listed as still v0.9.3.
    Yes I see v0.9.3 in the app catalog, congrats on getting it there drewksparks.
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by WknThDg View Post
    Due to the change in circumstances and no complaints for that version, I accelerated the release to the public App Catalog. The next release will be 1.0.0. Sorry for the confusion. Also, I removed my statement about 1.0.0.
    Last edited by drewksparks; 02/22/2012 at 03:12 PM.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast