1.    #1  
    While attempting to configure Skype on 2.1, I was able to change the Carrier Name which is shown in the Phone Preferences, Network Services Section.

I am not so good with creating patches, so you'll have to do it manually if you want to.

FILE: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phoneprefs/app/views/preflist/preflist-scene.html

GOTO: Line 319(My Case)/Find the word "networknamerow" (without quotes) in the file.

EDITING: There is a division under it which says class='title' and id=***. Delete the id part so that the new line appears like <div class='title'></div>

Now Put anything between the two <div class='title'></div> (EXAMPLE: <div class='title'>Custom Network</div>)

Do a Full Restart, you are good to go

Now in the Network Section too if you want to change the Voice network from verizon/carrier only to any other, go ahead.

FILE : /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phoneprefs/app/controllers/preflist-assistant.jsjsjs

SEARCH FOR : carrierOnlyLabel

WHAT TO MODIFY : Its already visible, remove that #('Carrier') Only and put anything you want. The new line should look like this.carrierOnlyLabel = $L("Example Carrier"). Dont forget the double quotes. I guess you won't need a restart but its always better to do one.

IT Was Fun Editing. Love WebOS
    Last edited by mayank; 01/24/2012 at 03:53 AM.
    -Mayank Mall