Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    I downloaded the trial to test it out. It won't let new load my music if you could help me I would love to buy it
    can't load songs on the trial
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Hi surkas. I'd like to help you solve the problem. Can you answer these questions:

- Currently DJPad only works with MP3s. Are the songs you're trying to play just normal MP3's? How big are the files / how long are the songs?
    - Are you able to change directories and highlight a song?
    - when you click "load" does it say "Loading" next to the track pitch adjuster? It should and then take some time as it has to load the entire song before it's playable.

Thanks for letting me know you are having a problem. There's probably other people having issues and I'd like to solve it for everyone.

Thanks
    Tom
    there mp3 and it still doesn't work. I can select artist not the song
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Hi Surkas

I believe V1.3.0 will fix your problem. It should be downloadable later tonight, I was just talking with the HP reps and they said it will be published soon.

Let me know if that doesn't solve it.

Thanks
    Tom
    thanks for the updates! The nudge feature works perfect. I also dig how you can turn multiple knobs at once.. I've been using the pinch motion to move highs and lows in opposite directions at the same time.

agree with the idea to move the record box into a fly in and gain 2x the space for the mixer controls.

a couple tweak ideas:

differentiate the play and cue buttons from the set cue and load file buttons. Trying to be quick with the controls I sometimes hit set cue when I meant to hit cue. Haven't hit load file by mistake but that's a potential big whoopsie.. Maybe make the set cue and load file buttons a bit smaller.

can you reduce the sensitivity of the scroll bar on the file choser?

thanks for listening and keep up the good work..

Everyone else: buy the app and support webos development.
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnsMod View Post
    It is impossible to play from the HP speakers and headphones at the same time.
    Sure, there's just one audio output, routed to speakers and headphone plug but... How about bluetooth audio? Is it an independent audio output? Alright, it's expensive, sucks battery and all but headphone cueing is a must, and wireless dj'ing is freaking cool!

Quality BPM detection is in the far future
    I'd say better not waste time. I've never seen a BPM detector that can replace a DJ beatmatching. But knowing the aproximate BPM of a song before selecting it is cool.

there is a slight delay with the hitting "Play" and it's on my short-term TODO list.
    Well chosen priority! Latency kills the party, and it's not easily taken away.

as of today DJPad WebOS has made me only about $250 in profit. Divided by the number of hours I've worked on it, this puts me solidly in the $3-4/hr pay range.
    It's amazing you share that information with us! That honours you. I'd say you deserve a lot more. Heck, DJPad would be a reason for me to buy a Touchpad!

Thankfully, I've got the same codebase running now on Android and will continue to add features so WebOS updates will continue in a timely fashion.
    Well, then thankyou very much to Android too! Codebase sharing says a lot about your planning. I hope you keep on putting good energy into the webOS version, but if income comes from "the enemy", well, I'd understand you. My brother loves Windows Phone, but his "LocalizaTodo" app sells almost solely to Android and iOS people. Go figure how crazy he becomes, doing the same thing in three different ways!
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    I still have to play a bit with the trial version, hope to do that soon.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    DJPad is ON SALE for 1 week! Until Feb 23rd you can get it for half price!

For all you who've already bought it, thank you.. There are still many more updates to come. I'm switching audio decoders in order to add AAC, OGG, and many more format support.
    Just bought this app but can't load any of my songs. I migrated my whole itunes library from my laptop to the touchpad and I can see all the artists+folders but can't find a single song. Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Hi megathunder, sorry to hear your having issues.

I think the problem is that right now DJPad only supports MP3. I was working on this problem today actually, and hope to have a version that supports AAC, WAV, OGG and more released by the end of next week.

Until then I'm afraid iTunes AAC files aren't supported. Sorry!
    No worries, I'll be eagerly anticipating the update then

As an aside, I used to have djay for the ipad and loved it, but had to return the ipad because it was a giant waste of money. I loved scratching with the turntables though and was wondering if those might make an appearance in a later version of your app?
    Just picked up my touchpad. I going to definitely try this out! Keep up the good work!
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Sure, there's just one audio output, routed to speakers and headphone plug but... How about bluetooth audio? Is it an independent audio output? Alright, it's expensive, sucks battery and all but headphone cueing is a must, and wireless dj'ing is freaking cool!
    Agreed - incorporating bluetooth audio would be amazing. I don't have bluetooth headphones at the moment, but would buy a pair just for this.

A couple other suggestions:

1) The output volume is a bit low even when I max everything - can you adjust the gain so the output level can be higher?

2) Even with the longer sliders, reliably increasing/decreasing the pitch by just one increment (eg. from1.65% to 1.72%) with my finger is pretty much impossible. Could you add "+" and "-" buttons that when tapped would do that?

Thanks for making such a cool app - It's more than worth the $2.99 I paid for it, and I'm looking forward to the enhancements
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Hi everyone!

Just pushed an update to the HP Touchpad app store. It isn't a huge update, but incremental and I'm sure you'll appreciate it. New in V1.6:

- play mp3's while loading them
    - nicer looking UI
    - more intuitive knob input handling

Behind the scenes the cool thing I've done is combined all my platform builds so the same codebase compiles for webos, android, playbook. This will streamline my releases so soon I can release for all platforms with a single command and get back to focusing my efforts strictly on improving my applications.

Still have the rest of the items on my TODO list...
    Hi everyone!

Just pushed an update to the HP Touchpad app store. It isn't a huge update, but incremental and I'm sure you'll appreciate it. New in V1.6:

- play mp3's while loading them
    - nicer looking UI
    - more intuitive knob input handling

Behind the scenes the cool thing I've done is combined all my platform builds so the same codebase compiles for webos, android, playbook. This will streamline my releases so soon I can release for all platforms with a single command and get back to focusing my efforts strictly on improving my applications.

Still have the rest of the items on my TODO list...
    Much appreciated! I'll be checking it out tonight...
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marcedhk View Post
    Much appreciated! I'll be checking it out tonight...

Sorry. It's been pushed to the HP app store queue, but now there's a ~1 week delay until they check the app for bugs and then publish it. So you'll see an update available in about 1 week.

Cheers,
    Tom
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Seems HP/Palm has sped up their review process - new version of DJPad is available now! Please let me know what you think
    ArchonAdvisors likes this.
    Seems HP/Palm has sped up their review process - new version of DJPad is available now! Please let me know what you think
    NICE, VERY NICE! I really like the way you tweaked the look to make it more polished, but without overdoing it to the point where it would be distracting (or maybe demand more resources?). Thanks!
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    DJPad 1.7.0 is now live!

- Now supporting MP3, OGG, FLAC, AAC, WAVE
    - Louder output (over twice as loud as previously)
    - fixed some graphical issues
    Last edited by BurnsMod; 05/07/2012 at 07:09 PM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast