Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Hi,
    my facebook chat is not working today. Im the only one, right?
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by tr47 View Post
    Hi,
    my facebook chat is not working today. Im the only one, right?
    My Adium client can't connect either, and neither can my pre3.. I guess iut's a glitch in Facebook XMPP servers ?
    If you like what i do, and can spare a few bucks, you can always
    Quote Originally Posted by gnomesgames View Post
    Ok, great news everyone !
    Got Facebook Chat to work perfectly on WebOS 2.2.4 AND 3.0.4 (should work on any 2.x and 3.x ) !
    For 1.x I have no way to test it but it SHOULD work ! Can someone confirm it ?

/!\ I'm not responsible for any problem, loss of data, dead kitten or exposition to justin bieber that could occur if you follow this tutorial ! /!\
    /!\ Although the risk seems minimum, You should save all your data before beginning ! /!\

What works :
    - Contacts name
    - Contacts picture
    - Integration with other service (Synergy)
    - Send and receive text

What doesn't :
    - The "type" of the account is shown as "Google".
    - Nothing else ^^

// Changelog for this tutorial//
    Code:
    -> v1.3 (current) :
           - Replaced instructions with scripts

-> v1.2 :
           - Added WebOS 1.x

-> v1.1 :
           - Added WebOS 3.x (TouchPad)
           - Simplified instructions (no more vi)

-> v1.0 :
           - First release

// Credits //
    This method wouldn't work without this tutorial (ALL credits to Klaus Reimer) :
    Generic Jabber (XMPP) with webOS - K's cluttered loft

// The problem (ONLY On 2.x and 3.x) //

A tutorial exist to connect to jabber, but it require to have a valid google account with the email you wan't to use in the chat.
    But you can't create a dummy google account for login@chat.facebook.com, because it can't receive email.
    So we are going to modify the file that check for the validity of the account.

// What you need //

For 1.x, 2.x and 3.x
    -> A Facebook account (yeah i know, quite obvious), you also have to know your unique facebook name, the name that appear in your facebook profile url :
    https://www.facebook.com/yourFacebookName
    Should be a link to your profile

-> Some patience

ONLY For 1.x

-> The file "Pre 1x.zip" in the attachments of this thread

ONLY For 2.x and 3.x
    -> A Google account (any name you want) with the SAME password as your facebook account. Let's call it : "yourGoogleAccount@gmail.com"

-> The file "Pre 2x Touchpad 3x.zip" in the attachments of this thread

// Let's do this ! //

// For 1.x //
    -> 1 :
    Extract the zip file and put the "fb" folder on your phone memory.

-> 2 :
    Connect using novacom or run these command in a terminal :
    Code:
    cd /media/internal/fb
    chmod +x patch.sh
    ./patch.sh
    -> 3 :
    You are done you can add your account in the messaging app, select Google and put your infos :
    username : yourFacebookName@chat.facebook.com
    password : yourFacebookPassword

// For 2.x and 3.x //
    -> 1 :
    Extract the zip file and put the "fb" folder on your phone memory.

-> 2 :
    Connect using novacom or run these command in a terminal :
    Code:
    cd /media/internal/fb
    chmod +x step1.sh
    REPLACE with your real info then run :
    NEVER RUN THIS TWICE IN A ROW ! If you misspelled or anything, RUN STEP 4 BEFORE RUNNING IT AGAIN ! This script assume that everything is UNMODIFIED !
    Code:
    ./step1.sh yourGoogleAccount@gmail.com yourFacebookName@chat.facebook.com
    -> 3 :
    Wait for luna to restart then add your account in the messaging app, select Google and put your infos :
    username : yourFacebookName@chat.facebook.com
    password : yourFacebookPassword

Uncheck everything except for messenger.
    You can also check Contacts, this way you will be able to link your friends in the FB chat with your friends phone number, skype and all. But if you already added FaceBook as an account for Contacts, it won't link automatically FB contacts and FB chat contacts.

-> 4 :
    To cleanup and restore the ability to add google account, connect using novacom or run these command in a terminal :
    Code:
    cd /media/internal/fb
    chmod +x step2.sh
    ./step2.sh
    -> 5 :
    Version 2.x ONLY :
    If you have a Google chat account already configured, you have to go in accounts, and disable it. Connect to the chat, disconnect, and reenable. (Otherwise you can't send message to your FB contacts due to a WebOS 2.x bug).

If you have any question regarding this tutorial, post them here !

I apologize for any English mistake i could have made in this tutorial, im French so English isn't not my native language :s
    amazing! I have been waiting for this for a while. thanks so much.

moto tacstar => kyocera k9 => samsung a460 => samsung n400 => nokia 3588i => samsung a920 => samsung a800 => samsung a940 => lg fusic => samsung instinct => pixi => pre => arrive => nexus s => veer => pre 2 =>pre 3 => hd7 => iphone 4s => nokia lumia 710 => nokia lumia 800 => samsung gs3 => blackberry bold 9650 => nokia lumia 900
    Cheers friend
    3.0.5 seems to have broken this for me. Mine won't sign in anymore, says invalid credentials even when I re-enter my correct password. I just removed the account. May try a reinstall..
    3.0.5 seems to have broken this for me. Mine won't sign in anymore, says invalid credentials even when I re-enter my correct password. I just removed the account. May try a reinstall..
    I had the same issue after doing the update. I just followed the instructions at the beginning to uninstall it. Then I did the reinstall everything worked fine.
    PSN: StuntmanMark
    Twitter: @StuntmanMark

The Name: http://is.gd/nxnbhK
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMark View Post
    I had the same issue after doing the update. I just followed the instructions at the beginning to uninstall it. Then I did the reinstall everything worked fine.
    Yes, after every update, WebOS revalidates accounts, so you have to either delete and redo the tutorial, or just redo the tutorial and validate your account instead of adding a new one
    Haven't try on 3.0.5 yet though.. Any feedback is welcome
    Yes, after every update, WebOS revalidates accounts, so you have to either delete and redo the tutorial, or just redo the tutorial and validate your account instead of adding a new one
    Haven't try on 3.0.5 yet though.. Any feedback is welcome
    Yep, reinstalled and working perfectly again on 3.0.5. Thanks!
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Yep, reinstalled and working perfectly again on 3.0.5. Thanks!
    Thanks for the feedback
    Hey has this mod been tested to work on 1.x yet? I tried installing it but I got an error. Thanks! And would it be possible to make this into a patch form that could go onto preware or be installed from WOSQI? Thanks again!
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by njonjo View Post
    Hey has this mod been tested to work on 1.x yet? I tried installing it but I got an error. Thanks! And would it be possible to make this into a patch form that could go onto preware or be installed from WOSQI? Thanks again!
    Hi ! What kind of error do you get ? For the patch part, as it is it's not really possible to make a patch for version 2.x and 3.x, for version 1.x it should be possible but i really have no clue on how to make a patch and how to post it on preware :s..
    Haha okay and it just says "Username or password is invalid. Try again" ! I followed all of the steps and am putting in the correct credentials.
  13.    #53  
    Haha okay and it just says "Username or password is invalid. Try again" ! I followed all of the steps and am putting in the correct credentials.
    Hum thats wierd..
    Are you sure "yourFacebookName" is correct, some people don't have one and in that case it's their facebook ID.
    Hum thats wierd..
    Are you sure "yourFacebookName" is correct, some people don't have one and in that case it's their facebook ID.
    Yeah, I have one set. I put it in and it doesn't work does it have anything to do with my facebook preferences?
  15.    #55  
    Yeah, I have one set. I put it in and it doesn't work does it have anything to do with my facebook preferences?
    Don't think so :s... I have no way of figuring out if it's come from 1.x as i don't know anyone with a 1.x device.
    Oh okay I just did a luna restart and it still didn't work. Guess it's broken for 1.x
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Thank you man, you are the star ))
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    After installing this mod on my pre3 succefully and using it for a couple of weeks with out any major problems, aside from some random Luna Restarts when chatting plus listening to Pandora. My phone suddenly began running at 100% CPU with and without uberkernel...

When I ran 'top" on a Terminal to see the current processes it showed that chatthreader.jsjsjs $was$ $consuming$ $75$%+ $of$ $the$ $CPU$ $constantly$. $On$ $Govnah$ $the$ $CPU$ $was$ $flat$ $lined$ $at$ $100$%. $This$ $behavior$ $continued$ $even$ $after$ $a$ $full$ $Doctor$ $was$ $performed$. $And$ $it$ $only$ $went$ $back$ $to$ $normal$ $once$ $I$ $unistall$ $this$ $fb$ $chat$ $mod$...

I'm writing this here to read your thoughts and to know what relation the fb chat may or may not have with this strange behavior of my CPU... Thanks
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by eny2002 View Post
    After installing this mod on my pre3 succefully and using it for a couple of weeks with out any major problems, aside from some random Luna Restarts when chatting plus listening to Pandora. My phone suddenly began running at 100% CPU with and without uberkernel...

When I ran 'top" on a Terminal to see the current processes it showed that chatthreader.jsjsjs $was$ $consuming$ $75$%+ $of$ $the$ $CPU$ $constantly$. $On$ $Govnah$ $the$ $CPU$ $was$ $flat$ $lined$ $at$ $100$%. $This$ $behavior$ $continued$ $even$ $after$ $a$ $full$ $Doctor$ $was$ $performed$. $And$ $it$ $only$ $went$ $back$ $to$ $normal$ $once$ $I$ $unistall$ $this$ $fb$ $chat$ $mod$...

I'm writing this here to read your thoughts and to know what relation the fb chat may or may not have with this strange behavior of my CPU... Thanks
    Hum.. That's wierd. The only thin the script does is allowing adding the FB account by bypassing the check when you first add the account. It also patch the binary responsible for xmpp (GTalk) chat management... I don't have this problem on my Pre3, so i really don't know why yours is acting like that. Maybe it's related to another patch ?
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Thanks for replying so quickly. But then idk why the phone acted up like that... As I said, even after doctoring (meaning it did not had any patch intalled) the CPU was flat lined at 100%... after a while of having it in stock form it went back to normal.

Now I have all of my patches intalled and all is fine. I did your mod again and evertime a Log in the chat the CPU begins to work preety much flat lined at 100 again with minor drops to the min and back up again. Once a log off it goes back to normal

Maybe my phone is **** up
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast