Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Lol...can we get a automated script to do this? or patch. but thanks for the tut you're the man
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by giggles View Post
    Lol...can we get a automated script to do this? or patch. but thanks for the tut you're the man
    Ok, will try to figure out away to do a bash script for the operation. It would still require to enter the command to launch it on you phone/tablet though...
    If you like what i do, and can spare a few bucks, you can always
    IDK why a dev doesn't make a real facebook chat plugin and sell it in the app catalog just like the skype app. We've supposedly had the infrastructure to support this since 2.0
  4.    #24  
    i updated the tutorial with scripts. Should be a lot easier to follow now .

Have fun !
    Hi,
    trying to install it on updated Pre 3. First I couldnt send messages to facebook users. So Ive deleted whole gmail account, connected, disconnected (from fb account) and created gmail account again. But it looks like now I cant send messages on gtalk.
    Do you have idea how to solve that?
    Thank you very much for any help and keep up good work,
    Ondřej
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by tr47 View Post
    Hi,
    trying to install it on updated Pre 3. First I couldnt send messages to facebook users. So Ive deleted whole gmail account, connected, disconnected (from fb account) and created gmail account again. But it looks like now I cant send messages on gtalk.
    Do you have idea how to solve that?
    Thank you very much for any help and keep up good work,
    Ondřej
    Hi,
    What kind of error do you get ?
    Quote Originally Posted by gnomesgames View Post
    Hi,
    What kind of error do you get ?
    "Could not send your message."
  8.    #28  
    "Could not send your message."
    Hum.. Try disable the facebook account for messaging (just disable, not delete), then disconnect, reconnect, and reenable.
    Hum.. Try disable the facebook account for messaging (just disable, not delete), then disconnect, reconnect, and reenable.
    Disabled fb chat account,
    connected to gtalk,
    wrote message to my frined (arrived),
    disconnected,
    enabled fb chat account,
    logged in
    and same error when sending to gtalk.
  10.    #30  
    Disabled fb chat account,
    connected to gtalk,
    wrote message to my frined (arrived),
    disconnected,
    enabled fb chat account,
    logged in
    and same error when sending to gtalk.
    Hum.. thats wierd.. try to do the same but with gtalk account (disable, connect, enable).. If it doesn't work, try removing the facebook account and if gtalk works, adding it again, then just disable gtalk, connect, reenable gtalk...
    @gnomesgames: Just ran your easy new script on my TouchPad. Everything works perfectly! Thank you so much! Great script and very easy/clear directions to follow! Just promoted it on twitter!
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    IDK why a dev doesn't make a real facebook chat plugin and sell it in the app catalog just like the skype app. We've supposedly had the infrastructure to support this since 2.0
    Because HP doesn't provide any documentation on how to write Chat Synergy plugins. I asked them but they said no.
    So HP is the problem...
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    Because HP doesn't provide any documentation on how to write Chat Synergy plugins. I asked them but they said no.
    So HP is the problem...
    At least your next app will be an MSN Live Messenger client :P (j/k)
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    @gnomesgames: Just ran your easy new script on my TouchPad. Everything works perfectly! Thank you so much! Great script and very easy/clear directions to follow! Just promoted it on twitter!
    Thanks you !
    Hum.. thats wierd.. try to do the same but with gtalk account (disable, connect, enable).. If it doesn't work, try removing the facebook account and if gtalk works, adding it again, then just disable gtalk, connect, reenable gtalk...
    Hi,

I deleted whole fb chat account and go throught process of creating one again. Still can send messages only to gtalk or fb chat at one moment. Other returns previously mentioned error.
    I had messaging plugins installed before. Can it have something to do with it?
  16.    #36  
    Hi,

I deleted whole fb chat account and go throught process of creating one again. Still can send messages only to gtalk or fb chat at one moment. Other returns previously mentioned error.
    I have the messaging plugin installing on my pre3, and with the same scripts everything works fine :s...
    Really don't know what doesn't work with yours...
    Hi,

Same here (FR Pre3): Either Gtalk works or Facebook Chat, but not both. Is the bug referred to by the OP documented somewhere?

Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by robvanvliet View Post
    Same here (FR Pre3): Either Gtalk works or Facebook Chat, but not both. Is the bug referred to by the OP documented somewhere?

Rob
    Also Europe here - Czech Republic.
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by robvanvliet View Post

Rob
    I run into the problem, and found the solution while googling, over there :
    http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ml#post3174724

Not sure why it doesn't works for you...
    I run into the problem, and found the solution while googling, over there :
    http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ml#post3174724

Not sure why it doesn't works for you...
    Well at least thanks for trying. Ill check thread from time to time - maybe somebody will find some kind of solution. I can actually move now only to fb chat and skype so no problem. But Im sure it is not option for everyone.

Thank you for your work and happy new year

Ondřej
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast