Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By Maverickz
  1.    #1  
    So after writing a couple of patches and using the horrible command line log reader I started building a Windows based Log reader with color coded messages based on message level as well as message level filtering. So I was curious how many others would also be interested in something like this.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

very nice app, I'm actually using eclipse console, but it's only for running apps
    If you like my applications (SynoMusic, SynoDM, SynoFM) and want to donate for future upgrades and development
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by panel View Post
    very nice app, I'm actually using eclipse console, but it's only for running apps
    I actually use Eclipse for Android Development, but I couldn't get it to pick up the webOS logs from the emulator and it sort of jacked up my Android settings. Now I just code for webOS in Notepad++ and watch the logs roll by in my tool.
    Patches from Maverickz:

While I'm happy with the command line or the online logger, I do like having another option. I do think it's a great idea, especially by adding additional features like color to the logs launching the emulator and the other items you've added.
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
    I just use "palm-run" to package, install, launch, and monitor the log for the app. I'd think that adding another tool in the chain would just get in the way..
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I just use "palm-run" to package, install, launch, and monitor the log for the app. I'd think that adding another tool in the chain would just get in the way..
    This tool is basically just a windowed replacement for palm-log.bat that allows you to filter on alert level (Critical, Error, Warning, Notification) and color codes by the same alert level. To me this makes it easier to see what I am watching for instead of the normal all white wall of text. I also plan on adding search functionality to help locate specific messages.
    Patches from Maverickz:

I might find that useful, if I actually knew how to make the logs come out at specific alert levels.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickz View Post
    I actually use Eclipse for Android Development, but I couldn't get it to pick up the webOS logs from the emulator and it sort of jacked up my Android settings. Now I just code for webOS in Notepad++ and watch the logs roll by in my tool.
    Btw. you can download copy of Eclipse to another folder. You can use more than one instance of eclipse running. I'm doing in my work that way. One eclipse running for PHP projects and another for JSJSJS / $webOS$ ...
    If you like my applications (SynoMusic, SynoDM, SynoFM) and want to donate for future upgrades and development
    I would be interested in testing it. using palm-log at the moment.
    I was interested - until I read "Windows based".

Even in years past when I still used Windows I avoided windows-only programs - to keep my options open.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by tholap View Post
    I was interested - until I read "Windows based".

Even in years past when I still used Windows I avoided windows-only programs - to keep my options open.
    Sorry I hacked this together in a few hours for myself. It wasn't until I was done (enough) that I ever thought about sharing it. I refuse to use Mac so I have no issue with Windows at all. I haven't specifically tested this but it might also run in Linux with Wine.
    Patches from Maverickz: