Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rwhitby
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Found this patch in Preware but can't find any description of what it does other than 'Fixes the parsing of phone numbers in the Australia (+61) dial plan', which doesn't really tell me what it does. I had hoped it would fix the silly situation where calls and messages incoming with +61 would be matched to the contact with the AU equivalent number (0) in the address book. But I did try putting this patch on and it didn't fix it.

Currently when someone calls or sends me a message I get their number, not their name, which is silly. The call factor may be due to duplicate entries in my address book as I think it used to work, but messaging has never matched the name to number unless I store a +61 version of their number in the address book.

So 1) what does this patch do, and if not what I want, 2) is there some way to achieve it?

Thanks,
    Greg

PS I tried putting the patch back on and got an error. IPKG log Postinst:

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh/ media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.system-fix-au-dial-plan.postinst 2>&1
    Last edited by gregp; 11/17/2011 at 11:36 PM.
    This patch allows 1800 and 1300 numbers to be dialled when the AU dial plan is selected.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    brum likes this.
    Rod, is there any way we can get the fix to recognise the format of mobile phone numbers in Australia? Since the 2.2.4 update it seems to work differently on WR 2.2.4 and AT&T 2.2.4
    Siobhán

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    I just checked Preware and can't find the patch anymore
    (ATT 2.2.4).
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cubeover View Post
    I just checked Preware and can't find the patch anymore
    (ATT 2.2.4).
    +1 EU Pre 3
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    The legends at webOS Internals have brought it back! I'm not sure whether it's universal or just a problem at my end but here is my error in my IPKG log. Any ideas?

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.system-fix-au-dial-plan.postinst 2>&1
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |--- a/usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/1.0/framework/build/g11n/phone/parse/data/au.json
    |+++ b/usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/1.0/framework/build/g11n/phone/parse/data/au.json
    --------------------------
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Quote Originally Posted by brum View Post
    The legends at webOS Internals have brought it back! I'm not sure whether it's universal or just a problem at my end but here is my error in my IPKG log. Any ideas?
    It seems that the au.json file has disappeared in webOS 2.2.4, therefore there is nothing there to patch.

I'll remove the 2.2.4 patch from the feed. I don't know how to fix it now, since there is no au.json data file there now.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Saw the webOS Internals tweet, the file's not there anymore, seems to need some more work...
    that'll explain why I can't find it and, also why the phone books are all screwed!

any chance we can get the json files from 2.2.3?
    Siobhán

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    I must not using my phone enough, as my Pre3 att has just done this disappearing act for 1300 numbers. Searching I found this forum but no resolution posted. Is it still not working on 2.2.4 for everyone?
    as far as I know it still doesn't work.

I set my phone to other which means 1300 will work... but then you have to have everyone's mobile in your contacts twice. Once as an international number (So you can SMS) and once as a non-international number (So SMS can recognise the number!)

*sigh*
    Siobhán

Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Maybe I'm being simplistic about this but surely it can't be that hard? Every other number combination I enter stays on the screen apart from 1300 and 1800 so there must be some logic telling the dialpad application to do its disappearing trick on the number when those combos are entered. Can't we just bypass that and let the user enter whatever number they want?
    I was looking into this today and I noticed that if you type 1800 and then press the dial(green phone) button, the entry box does not contain 1800 but is #*283367633. That is very similar to a couple of the dialer applications which require a prefix of #*. eg 28337633 = AUDEQOFF. I don't know how or why the replacement is made, just thought that it might be a clue for somebody.
    Did this ever get solved??
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    Did this ever get solved??
    No, the file which I previously patched does not exist in the newer version.

-- Rod
    You need to set your location to other. This then causes other interesting issues, such as inability to identify mobile phone numbers and having to use the international version of mobile numbers for SMS (+61 blah blah blah).
    Siobhán

Quote Originally Posted by siobhanellis View Post
    You need to set your location to other. This then causes other interesting issues, such as inability to identify mobile phone numbers and having to use the international version of mobile numbers for SMS (+61 blah blah blah).
    Yeah, exceedingly tedious (and a very poor WAF) but works well enough that I haven't been irritated enough to try and work out how to patch the new firmware.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Yeah, exceedingly tedious (and a very poor WAF) but works well enough that I haven't been irritated enough to try and work out how to patch the new firmware.

-- Rod
    Yes.. very tedious indeed - and irritating in fact!
    Sadly - (and irritatingly) - one of several AU Pre3 2.2.4 users, whom I initially convinced to go with 'webOS', has just switched to an *iPhone* (dare I even mention the word here?) as a direct result.
    I wonder if (and hope that) this may be irritating enough in itself to prompt a functional patch ~ pleeese?

~&~

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.