Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
  1.    #1  
    SubOrbital Beta 3.0

New Features:
    - Icon manager. Batch moving of icons between tabs

More release notes coming soon. Released in the feeds.

Source: https://github.com/grep-awesome/SubOrbital

New features:
    -Backup Manager
    -Reorder all tabs

Release notes:
    I'm not ready to release this through the feeds. I'll release Beta 3 with batch icon management in the feeds. It will be done soon, but I wanted to give you guys something in the mean time. Let me know how it works for you.

For those of you that want to donate, I could use a little of your time more than your money. I'm going to launch a redmine site to manage my open source projects and could use some contributors to update bugs and features requests in it. Send me a pm if interested.

The ipk is zipped up in the beta_2.5 attachment below

Project site/repository: SubOrbital - Overview - Project Tracker
    - Bugs, Feature Requests, etc are maintained here

Release notes:
    -Fixes bug that caused conflict with preware patch (Add Launcher Tabs).
    -Improved error handling

If you have multiple "SETTINGS" tabs, this release will not make that go away. I will bring another release soon for those of you that weren't able to restore from backup to return everything to normal. I am also considering adding a backup manager.

Reordering tabs is coming soon.

SubOrbital allows you to add, remove, and rename additional launcher tabs for the webOS Launcher. You may not change/remove/rename the existing tabs (APPS, DOWNLOADS, FAVORITES, SETTINGS), but you can add and name your own.

License:
    SubOrbital by grep_awesome is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Creative Commons — Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported — CC BY-NC-SA 3.0
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by hiddenpremise; 12/04/2011 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Added a revision
    Seems to be working great so far. Thank you! I was hoping for something like this for a long time
    Will I need to remove the patch from Preware that added extra launcher pages in order to use this?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    Will I need to remove the patch from Preware that added extra launcher pages in order to use this?
    I don't believe so. It should work with it just fine.

EDIT:
    The patch and Beta 1 of Suborbital conflict with each other. I am working to fix this. Sorry for the poor advice.
    Last edited by hiddenpremise; 11/14/2011 at 09:18 AM. Reason: I was incorrect
    Not sure if this is a side effect of having too many tabs, or what, but after adding one in addition to the patch from Preware, I now have:

Apps, Downloads, Favorites, Settings (instead of Games), Preware (renamed from Homebrew using SubOrbital), Settings, and Media (added by SubOrbital)

The "Games" one mysteriously renamed itself "Settings" although it contains the games, not the settings. The original settings one is still there.

Also, when I run the app again, it only shows "Preware" and "Media".
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I installed and ran it. Before I did anything, it said I had 2 rename-able tabs- GAMES and HOMEBREW.

I clicked on "New" and added an extra tab called "Extras". Then I clicked on "Luna restart".

It restarted OK and I have an extra tab called "EXTRAS". But, the GAMES tabhas been renamed to "SETTINGS, so I now have two tabs with the same name.

Any ideas why?

Edit - Looking at the /launcher3 tab, the GAMES file is still there with the same long hash as the second "SETTINGS". I'm tempted to delete that file and see what happens.

Alan
    Last edited by alan sh; 11/13/2011 at 01:21 PM. Reason: More info
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    OK - I moved the second "SETTINGS" file to another place and did a luna restart. It's all gone back to the original launcher tabs - lost the homebrew and games one.

All my shortcuts are back in "Downloads".

Looking in the Launcher3 directory, it's all back to original. Luckily, I saved it before I started playing.

Alan
    Last edited by alan sh; 11/13/2011 at 01:27 PM. Reason: more info
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    I installed and ran it. Before I did anything, it said I had 2 rename-able tabs- GAMES and HOMEBREW.

I clicked on "New" and added an extra tab called "Extras". Then I clicked on "Luna restart".

It restarted OK and I have an extra tab called "EXTRAS". But, the GAMES tabhas been renamed to "SETTINGS, so I now have two tabs with the same name.

Any ideas why?

Edit - Looking at the /launcher3 tab, the GAMES file is still there with the same long hash as the second "SETTINGS". I'm tempted to delete that file and see what happens.

Alan
    "..The 'Games' one mysteriously renamed itself 'Settings' although it contains the games, not the settings. The original settings one is still there.."

Same. Except no extra tab even visible. Already had 'Add Launcher Tabs' Patch installed and ended up with two 'Settings' Tabs instead of a 'Games' and a 'Settings'.

Deleted the 2nd 'Settings' file in 'Launcher 3' and I am back to square one.

Some 'crossed wires' maybe?

Is there a theoretical limit to the number of 'extra' Tabs creatable?

Last edited by Mutoidi; 11/13/2011 at 05:26 PM.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I had issue with Game one convert to SETTINGS and then all apps from Game disappeared.

I renamed HOMEBREW and it was there but something weired happened. I got another SETTINGS. So in total I got three Settings. (One is original with all WebOs settings)_.

Looks like still this app need lot of work.

NooooooWWW question how to fix it.
    It did warn you to backup the file in question before making changes with the program :P

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I had same issue, I removed the patch that added games and home brew and then just added them back with suborbital. Had to move all my apps back into place but that was fine with me. I think this is just in conflict with the other patch. Works great after removing previous patch
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    no outer tabs patches installed for me, and create worked like a charm, but I tried to edit the tab name before I moved anything over to it and the edit wouldn't take. Also tried to delete the tab I wanted to edit the name, and they won't delete either. Not a big deal as I'll stick with the improperly named extra tabs gladly over no choice of having extras until you can get the bugs out on the edit and delete options!

thanks so much, this has been prob my biggest pet peeve, and I look fwd to donating or buying the public rc version!
    Nice name, nice app

Tab repositionning please ?
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I think my experience is similar to others:

1. Installed app with Preware additional launcher pages already installed.
    2. Upon running app, I was told I had the 2 extra pages from the Preware app to edit. I thought that was nice to be able to edit these 2 titles.
    3. Copied the launcher3 folder to the media/internals directory with Internalz Pro.
    4. I added a page (2 word name "Phone Apps", to move all those ugly phone designed apps to while I wait to see if they ever get updated) wonder if my issue was due to a 2 word name?
    5. Luna reboot
    6. No new tab with "Phone Apps" on it, but the GAMES tab was renamed "SETTINGS".
    7. Removed app
    8. Copied launcher3 folder back to place tp back to original.

Can't wait to try again, thanks for developing for webOS!
    I think my experience is similar to others:

1. Installed app with Preware additional launcher pages already installed.
    2. Upon running app, I was told I had the 2 extra pages from the Preware app to edit. I thought that was nice to be able to edit these 2 titles.
    3. Copied the launcher3 folder to the media/internals directory with Internalz Pro.
    4. I added a page (2 word name "Phone Apps", to move all those ugly phone designed apps to while I wait to see if they ever get updated) wonder if my issue was due to a 2 word name?
    5. Luna reboot
    6. No new tab with "Phone Apps" on it, but the GAMES tab was renamed "SETTINGS".
    7. Removed app
    8. Copied launcher3 folder back to place tp back to original.

Can't wait to try again, thanks for developing for webOS!
    I have the same issue (not very original :P). I tried to mess up with the config files but they stubbornly come back to this setup. The issue here is that we have two "settings" config files and "launcher_fixed.msave" has "settings" instead of "games" in the list. Trying to change "settings" to "games" doesn't do anything: upon luna restart it comes back to the former setting.

I'll stick with this setup for now, in hope that a fix or workaround comes soon
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    It did warn you to backup the file in question before making changes with the program :P

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    No one is saying it didn't.. but Beta feedback of actual occurences should in theory facilitate the relevant fixes!

Last edited by Mutoidi; 11/14/2011 at 04:04 AM.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    No one is saying it didn't.. but Beta feedback of actual occurences should in theory facilitate the relevant fixes!

Hi all. Thanks for the feedback! Sorry to hear that it has caused problems for some of you. If you could reply with your what device you are using (Pre3 or TP), I'd appreciate it. I'm 99% sure that I've got a good idea of the problem and will be working on it when I get some free time today or tomorrow. It seems like I was incorrect about the patch and the app playing nice together and I'm terribly sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by grasshoper
    Tab repositionning please ?
    Tab reordering is unfortunately not on the table at the moment b/c of the way that the Launcher half ignores the config files. This is a feature that I would love as well, so I'll keep trying to figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by alan sh

Any ideas why?
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade
    The "Games" one mysteriously renamed itself "Settings" although it contains the games, not the settings. The original settings one is still there.
    So what is going on here is that the Launcher seems to throw a fit about renaming any tabs that are before the last built in tab (SETTINGS). I'm not sure why the patch is able to do this and my app isn't, but I'm working on that.

Quote Originally Posted by atulmodi
    NooooooWWW question how to fix it.
    Have you been able to get back to a stable state?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi
    Is there a theoretical limit to the number of 'extra' Tabs creatable?
    I haven't stress tested it. The most I've tried is 3. If you do more and it works, let us know
    Last edited by hiddenpremise; 11/14/2011 at 09:40 AM.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmleese View Post
    thanks so much, this has been prob my biggest pet peeve, and I look fwd to donating or buying the public rc version!
    You won't need to pay for / donate to it. This is my hobby and I like sharing it . The software is free and the source is there for anyone to tinker with as long as they follow the non-commercial share-alike attribute license.
    knownboyofno likes this.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Enhancement request:
    Can we figure out how to use upper and lower case for the tab names?
  20.    #20  
    Enhancement request:
    Can we figure out how to use upper and lower case for the tab names?
    I'll look into the possibility.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast