Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 103
Like Tree16Likes
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbah View Post
    Installed from Preware on Pre2. Found I had no launcher3 to backup. Added tabs anyway. Restarted Luna. No new tabs. Came to forum. Sounds like it's not intended to work on 2.1, in which case it probably shouldn't offer to install on 2.1.
    smh ...

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by hiddenpremise View Post
    Beta 2 is out to fix some of the issues reported. See the edited first post for details. Beta 3 will be a new feature rich release most likely.
    Thanks!
    Beta 2 seems to have sorted out the 'conflict' with 'Add Launcher Tabs' Patch in TP 3.0.4.
    Good work!

  3.    #43  
    Installed from Preware on Pre2. Found I had no launcher3 to backup. Added tabs anyway. Restarted Luna. No new tabs. Came to forum. Sounds like it's not intended to work on 2.1, in which case it probably shouldn't offer to install on 2.1.
    sorry mate, I hadn't set the min webOS version in the package. Will remember for next version. App is webOS 3 only
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by hiddenpremise View Post
    Just a quick update. I've been working on the fix to make SubOrbital play nicely with the patch. Also, it looks like I may have figured out how to reorder tabs. Hopefully I will have a chance to get a stable version of this fix (Beta 2) published this evening. Error reporting is also beefed up and will now log error files in /media/internal/suborbital so that you can show me what errors are occurring.

    Thanks for all the help and feedback
    I can't rename or delete any of the tabs I created. I looked for /media/internal/suborbital but it doesn't exist. Any help would be appreciated.
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by harpo95993 View Post
    I can't rename or delete any of the tabs I created. I looked for /media/internal/suborbital but it doesn't exist. Any help would be appreciated.
    I believe: /media/internal/SubOrbital_error/ is where any error log would be placed.

    Have you looked for: /var/luna/preferences/launcher3 also?

  6. lordbah's Avatar
    Posts
    341 Posts
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by hiddenpremise View Post
    sorry mate, I hadn't set the min webOS version in the package. Will remember for next version. App is webOS 3 only
    PS: It's working great on TouchPad. Thanks.
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    I believe: /media/internal/SubOrbital_error/ is where any error log would be placed.

    Have you looked for: /var/luna/preferences/launcher3 also?

    Not in either place.
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by hiddenpremise View Post
    sorry mate, I hadn't set the min webOS version in the package. Will remember for next version. App is webOS 3 only
    I recommend NOT doing this. The Pre-2 owners need to go to the Homebrew sections there to get this enabled. It is a very mature functionality and really doesn't need anymore tweaking. Adding Suborbital to the mix is bound to confuse new Pre2 users. The function allows you to add/delete/modify names -- even move the order of the tabs without ever having to restart the phone (by holding the launcher tab and then just dragging it to its new order).
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by harpo95993 View Post
    Not in either place.
    Do you receive an error dialog? How many tabs to you have? What version of webOS are you running? Do you have the preware patch to add tabs installed?
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by hiddenpremise View Post
    Do you receive an error dialog? How many tabs to you have? What version of webOS are you running? Do you have the preware patch to add tabs installed?
    No error dialog. I'm running 3.0.4 and the patch. I added four additional tabs.
  11. AMR-1's Avatar
    Posts
    258 Posts
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    #51  
    Another Enhancement request:
    A button that will screen shot each page automatically and store it in \suborbital\LauncherPage1.jpg ... LauncherPageX.jpg

    I realize you would not "easily" be able to scroll down and get more than the first screen full of each tab. We will leave that request for Version.next
  12. AMR-1's Avatar
    Posts
    258 Posts
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    #52  
    PS. If you haven't already, setup a paypal donation account and link it in here.

    People are not kidding when they say they will pay you something for the work on this.
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by polaris_silvertree View Post
    I recommend NOT doing this. The Pre-2 owners need to go to the Homebrew sections there to get this enabled. It is a very mature functionality and really doesn't need anymore tweaking. Adding Suborbital to the mix is bound to confuse new Pre2 users. The function allows you to add/delete/modify names -- even move the order of the tabs without ever having to restart the phone (by holding the launcher tab and then just dragging it to its new order).
    In an effort to NOT confuse people anymore about my insistence that SubOrbital remain a Touchpad only app, let me clarify why.

    I am a Pre-2 owner as well. I use Sconix's Advanced System Framework patches to get the same functionality that HiddenPromise has put into this app -- except its a patch that is built into the framework. This is the patch I believe to get this type of functionality (i.e. add launcher pages, rename, remove, reorder launcher pages) for the Pre 2: Advanced Configuration for App Launcher. I'm sorry if I caused any confusion.
  14. #54  
    How can I beta test this apps? I figure it out
    Last edited by locbuondoi; 11/18/2011 at 12:30 AM.
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by hiddenpremise View Post
    Just a quick update. I've been working on the fix to make SubOrbital play nicely with the patch. Also, it looks like I may have figured out how to reorder tabs. Hopefully I will have a chance to get a stable version of this fix (Beta 2) published this evening. Error reporting is also beefed up and will now log error files in /media/internal/suborbital so that you can show me what errors are occurring.

    Thanks for all the help and feedback
    Hope this helps on reorder ..
    .
    When I was modding the files in launcher3, I discovered that TP seemed to insist in putting new downloads into the second tab (the one numbered 1 in the 0, 1, 2... Listing) -- this seems to match your prior comments about TP ignoring ....
    .
    Hope it helps...
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
  16. #56  
    Me Likey Much

    Need donate - where?
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by stublum98 View Post
    I never added that add launcher patch. I still add tabs and they never show up even after a Luna restart which does not work inside the app so I hold the power button to restart Luna. I am also running uberkernel 1.7 on a touchpad.

    thx
    How come no answer?
  18. #58  
    re-ordering will be good, i want Settings on the far end like it was.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  19. #59  
    Hi all,

    OK, I downloaded suborbital beta 2 from pre central and used webosquickinstall to re-install it. It now works as advertised. Not sure why preware did not install a good version, but I'm OK and alls well that ends well. As stated earlier, ordering the tabs would be quite nice.

    stublum98
  20.    #60  
    Hey guys, it's been a few days. I'm not ignoring you! I've been out of town. Life is crazy. I've got lots of great new features headed your way. The backup manager is completed and working. If anyone wants to play with the latest builds and has a *nix/mac with the sdk, you can checkout from my repo https://github.com/grep-awesome/SubOrbital. Updates will come as I have time. Hopefully quite soon. Cheers
    Tuzz likes this.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions