Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Just to let you know - My device is a TouchPad.

I also have a Pre-2. Can you do anything with that?

Alan
    Quote Originally Posted by hiddenpremise View Post
    SubOrbital Beta 1

SubOrbital allows you to add, remove, and rename additional launcher tabs for the webOS Launcher. You may not change/remove/rename the existing tabs (APPS, DOWNLOADS, FAVORITES, SETTINGS), but you can add and name your own.

License:
    SubOrbital by grep_awesome is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. http(colon)(slash)(slash)creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/]Creative Commons — Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported — CC BY-NC-SA 3.0
    great way to introduce yourself here

may i suggest the adding of backing up current tabs & icon positions...

also batch move icon sets from tab to tab

mayb we can get some good functionality out of this..
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

My device is a TouchPad.

Thanks you for your work btw
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    I added two tabs called APPS2 and STU and then restarted touchpad. There are no new tabs. Also the files in the /var/luna/preferences/launcher3 have not changed after the add. Somehow I am not saving these. help!!!
    Using Touchpad 3.04
    Hallelujah! the patch that was missing is here!
    As stated - It is a beta - if you don't want problems uninstall the app launcher patch first. If you have the issues described above (duplicate settings tab) uninstall the app launcher patch and you should revert to the original layout - launch suborbital and create new tabs then put all your icons where you want them. Inconvenient but a small price to pay for more tabs!
    When I did it suborbital would launch but the interface would flash and disappear to a black screen - my solution was to quickly tap the readme button before it disappeared and then the interface stayed up and ran without problem thereafter.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    I haven't stress tested it. The most I've tried is 3. If you do more and it works, let us know

just a heads up I did a little testing, and it seems to work just fine except I can't edit or delete new tabs as I mentioned before and I have now 10 tabs :

APPS
    DOWNLOADS
    FAVORITES
    SETTINGS
    GAMES
    HOMEBREW
    WEB
    NEWS
    AUDIO
    VIDEO

really all I want to do is shorten the names of a few and it should be perfect.

thanks again!1
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    great way to introduce yourself here

may i suggest the adding of backing up current tabs & icon positions...

also batch move icon sets from tab to tab

mayb we can get some good functionality out of this..

I'd pay $10 for this to be included
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I am on a Touchpad.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    you say I should remove launcher patch. Is that the no launcher button patch? If not please be more specific.

thanks
  10.    #30  
    you say I should remove launcher patch. Is that the no launcher button patch? If not please be more specific.

thanks
    No the patch is called "Add Launcher Tabs".
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmleese View Post
    just a heads up I did a little testing, and it seems to work just fine except I can't edit or delete new tabs as I mentioned before and I have now 10 tabs
    The reason it isn't letting you edit is because it is throwing a parsing error somewhere. I haven't completed the error reporting system, but I did write a good bit of error proofing to make sure that the app won't write a bad config file. I'll beef this up in the next version.
    No the patch is called "Add Launcher Tabs".
    I never added that add launcher patch. I still add tabs and they never show up even after a Luna restart which does not work inside the app so I hold the power button to restart Luna. I am also running uberkernel 1.7 on a touchpad.

thx
    Using a Touchpad.

It makes absolutely no sense to be affected by this program, but my sound started going out after a bit of time after I installed this. Only a reboot would fix it, and maybe it would last about an hour before going silent again (pulse restarter wouldn't work). I wasn't having the problem before I installed suborbital, and so far I haven't lost sound after uninstalling it a few hours ago.

ETA: Yeah, it's totally not suborbital causing the trouble. Time for backtracking.
    Last edited by ikimashokie; 11/15/2011 at 11:56 AM.
    Device is TouchPad 32Gb. 3.0.4
    'Add Launcher Tabs' patch installed. Am leaving this patch installed until it is known whether 'SubOrbital' App will eventually 'play nice' together with this patch (preferable!), or whether it must first be uninstalled altogether.

Last edited by Mutoidi; 11/14/2011 at 11:16 PM.
    Suborbital works fine but you might want to uninstall the add launcher tabs first. Some reported no problems with it but most seem to be reporting problems. It looks like suborbital forces the fourth tab in the list to be called settings, which doesntnjive well with the patch.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Suborbital works fine but you might want to uninstall the add launcher tabs first. Some reported no problems with it but most seem to be reporting problems. It looks like suborbital forces the fourth tab in the list to be called settings, which doesntnjive well with the patch.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Yes.. I am having some problems with that.. which is why I wondered whether the OP intended to in turn force SubOrbital to jive with the patch.. or not.. and to leave the patch installed until this is clear.. or not!

17.    #37  
    Just a quick update. I've been working on the fix to make SubOrbital play nicely with the patch. Also, it looks like I may have figured out how to reorder tabs. Hopefully I will have a chance to get a stable version of this fix (Beta 2) published this evening. Error reporting is also beefed up and will now log error files in /media/internal/suborbital so that you can show me what errors are occurring.

Thanks for all the help and feedback
    knownboyofno likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    Just to let you know - My device is a TouchPad.

I also have a Pre-2. Can you do anything with that?

Alan
    Pre-2 doesn't need suborbital. The advanced patches for the Pre-2 should already enable this (and it does it quite well I might add).
  19.    #39  
    Beta 2 is out to fix some of the issues reported. See the edited first post for details. Beta 3 will be a new feature rich release most likely.
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Installed from Preware on Pre2. Found I had no launcher3 to backup. Added tabs anyway. Restarted Luna. No new tabs. Came to forum. Sounds like it's not intended to work on 2.1, in which case it probably shouldn't offer to install on 2.1.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast