1.    #1  
    Hi
    I am following this tutorial.
    https://developer.palm.com/content/r...lipse_ide.html

I setup Eclipse (Indigo), downloaded the WebOS plugin, the Aptana thingie, bashed my head until found out on the forum that you need to start manually the palm-emulator for Eclipse to find it and use it etc.

My question is, if I am suppossedly using Enyo why does the index.html file produced by the "New Basic Application" wizard says
    <script src="/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/mojo.jsjsjs&$quot$; $type$=&$quot$;$text$/$javascript$&$quot$; $x$-$mojo$-$version$=&$quot$;$1$&$quot$;&$gt$;&$lt$;/$script$&$gt$;

Why is it still asking for the mojo framework? How do I fix it so that it points to the enyo framework?

I look forward to practice first for my Palm Pre 3 and I understand it is using the Enyo framework.

Am I being too picky?

JP
    (newbie webos developer)
    To my knowledge, Eclipse support for Enyo isn't there. This isn't stated clearly in the dev documentation (when I last read it). You might have to setup your own environment, using an IDE of your choice. I had setup mine using VS.NET Express edition and a few batch files. I still cannot debug using this setup though. Your setup could be as simple as using a texteditor for code-editing and using batch files for packaging and deploying the app onto the emulator/device.

HTH
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pepebuho View Post
    Hi
    I am following this tutorial.
    https://developer.palm.com/content/r...lipse_ide.html

I setup Eclipse (Indigo), downloaded the WebOS plugin, the Aptana thingie, bashed my head until found out on the forum that you need to start manually the palm-emulator for Eclipse to find it and use it etc.

My question is, if I am suppossedly using Enyo why does the index.html file produced by the "New Basic Application" wizard says
    <script src="/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/mojo.jsjsjs&$quot$; $type$=&$quot$;$text$/$javascript$&$quot$; $x$-$mojo$-$version$=&$quot$;$1$&$quot$;&$gt$;&$lt$;/$script$&$gt$;

Why is it still asking for the mojo framework? How do I fix it so that it points to the enyo framework?

I look forward to practice first for my Palm Pre 3 and I understand it is using the Enyo framework.

Am I being too picky?

JP
    (newbie webos developer)
    I'm starting out with enyo myself. We're in kind of an awkward time period right now with webOS development. We have this amazing framework, enyo. We have awesome first party dev tools, Eclipse and Ares, but only for mojo. Fortunately, since webOS is just javascript, there is a huge set of third party dev tools available, some of which even have plugins to help with webOS development.

Check out Tools - WebOS101

I'm on a Mac and I've found what works best for me is:

IDE: Espresso with webos.sugar (love saying that)
    Testing: Chrome + Palm Emulator

Chrome is great because:
    - deploying code is as easy as a page refresh
    - the built-in java console lets you see the output from your log statements (enyo.log() and this.log())
    - the db8 bridge even lets chrome access the emulator's database!

Periodically I test the app with a full deployment into the emulator to make sure everything works the same as in chrome. In general, it does. I've had issues with the db8 bridge dropping out, and the "enyo.fetchAppId()" routine always returns "undefined", but I work around it.

If anyone else has good first timer tips please chime in!
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sillydino View Post
    Check out Tools - WebOS101

I'm on a Mac and I've found what works best for me is:

IDE: Espresso with webos.sugar (love saying that)
    Testing: Chrome + Palm Emulator
    As far as I have seen on webOS101 Espresso is the only IDE supporting Enyo, everything else is Mojo.

What IDE is recommended for developing Enyo apps on Linux or Windows?
    (unfortunately )
    Preł (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    T-Pad: There's nothing enyo specific about my Mac setup. It's just a javascript IDE with a tools plugin that automates deployment. I'm sure any of the windows/crossplatform tools on webos101 can work for you in a similar way. All you really need is some syntax highlighting and push-button deployments right?

If I were doing dev on my widows machine, for this sort of thing, I would probably go with notepad++ and a quick-n-dirty bash script for deployments. n++ lets you attach any cmd to your projects so you can deploy with one of the function keys.
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    sillydino: I don't know much about JavaScript development, but Espresso is the only IDE where webOS101 says
    ...along with comprehensive Enyo CodeSense to make editing Enyo apps even easier.
    The description of all other IDEs mentions Mojo CodeSense only.
    Preł (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    T-Pad: Ya I saw that too. I'm definitely not getting any code sense with Espresso though. I'm sure there is a way to fix it, but I'm able to get work done without it.

Good luck getting your windows rig working!
    I installed Eclipse also thinking I could use it as a base with the plug in but as observed the plug in is for mojo.

Has anyone out there set up Ultraedit for enyo development? I'm barely going through the tutorials now so not sure I'm ready to be going to that extent . But I do use UE Studio for most things so it would be great if someone had templates set up for it.
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!