Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By ahsirg
  • 1 Post By phillyeagles36
  1.    #1  
    hey devs. I found out about this free to use API to make a app that works like siri. Is this possible to bring to webos? I know the users will pay good money for a app like this. I know it may not work on 1.4.5, but I know many touchpad users would love this!

Zypr | Tight
    Last edited by ceveret3; 11/08/2011 at 03:42 PM.
    i am working on it
    knownboyofno and Rnp like this.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsirg View Post
    i am working on it
    awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsirg View Post
    i am working on it
    I hope you or someone else is successful in bringing speech to text to webOS. I've been hopeful for a feature like this for awhile. I would certainly buy an app with that feature.
    Palm Pre ----> Palm Pre Plus ----> Palm Pre 2---->HP TouchPad---->HP Pre 3!!!
    Vistaus likes this.
    Any more developers looking into this?
    Palm Pre ----> Palm Pre Plus ----> Palm Pre 2---->HP TouchPad---->HP Pre 3!!!
    Taking a look at it right now. The API is a little rough. The speech recognition seems ok, but it's not very well integrated with the rest of the API. It feels like a feature that's tacked on to what is basically a service that aggregates multiple cloud services under a single API portal.

I'm pretty sure that Siri was designed first and foremost to be a speech recognition system with different abilities added on as it developed.
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    http://www.angrygoatapps.com
    Twitter: angrygoatapps
    i... am not seeing anywhere that they are actually parsing audio, but I did just skim the docs. Converting the audio data to something we can use from a data standpoint is probably the most difficult thing to do, whereas contextually operating upon that data is merely an extremely time consuming thing to get going.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    i... am not seeing anywhere that they are actually parsing audio, but I did just skim the docs. Converting the audio data to something we can use from a data standpoint is probably the most difficult thing to do, whereas contextually operating upon that data is merely an extremely time consuming thing to get going.
    Look for "voice/parse" in the api docs.
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    http://www.angrygoatapps.com
    Twitter: angrygoatapps