Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Hello.
    I am new to webOS, but as a regular Archlinux and Maemo user, there's one thing that drives me mad: the webOS' checks at startup. I want to add few folders to the system (let's say /usr/palm/applications/$app/resources/)... I have tried meta-doctor, but it is too complicated and specific for my problem. I have written a script that adds the md5sums, but for it to work properly, I need answers to following questions:

1) Is there any way (or workaround) to disable these checks?

2) What is the key to what files' checksums are stored in /md5sums.gz

3) On startup, what checksum files are being checked? Only /md5sums.gz, or anything else?

4) How the system checks for new files? I assume when I add files to the above mentioned folder, but ignore .md5sums and .list files in /usr/lib/ipkg/info/ and md5sums.gz, the system will refuse to start.

Thanks for all your answers. I've tried to search for them, but now I'm quite lost.
    Last edited by nodevel; 11/07/2011 at 08:11 AM.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Bump!
    I've solved one problem myself - found out the check is made by /usr/sbin/integcheck.sh . It has been also mentioned in one thread in this forum, but I still wonder how come no one has been looking into this! I've got my Veer only for few weeks, but I'm struggling with this since I got it...