Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1.    #1  
    Simple fullscreen webView application poited to mobile google web maps. It's not so good as original palm Google Maps app, but better than nothing.

I will try to make own google maps application with google javascript API.

Changelog:

- fixed version Veer / Touchpad

- added meta tag for Pre 3 height bug
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by panel; 11/29/2011 at 04:22 AM. Reason: update
    If you like my applications (SynoMusic, SynoDM, SynoFM) and want to donate for future upgrades and development
    how to install ipk file on my Pixi Plus?
    Unzip it email it to your phone and then use Preware to install it.

If Preware has "Check IPK association" checked in preferences it will install it for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by panel View Post
    Simple fullscreen webView application poited to mobile google web maps. It's not so good as original palm Google Maps app, but better than nothing.

I will try to make own google maps application with google javascript API.
    I just installed the program and my TP rebooted and is stuck in the usb mode. I can't get it to reboot fron there?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Parityone View Post
    I just installed the program and my TP rebooted and is stuck in the usb mode. I can't get it to reboot fron there?
    Sorry I have no touchpad, but on Touchpad emulator app works.

I don't think that this app will do something like that. It's only windows to mobile web page of google maps.
    If you like my applications (SynoMusic, SynoDM, SynoFM) and want to donate for future upgrades and development
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    AWESOME app (shell). Full screen and no annoying (and non refreshing) "google maps needs an internet connection" message.

I deleted my hacked-up Google maps ipk...

Suggestions and requests, if you don't mind:
    - integrate a back gesture or button somehow
    - integrate just type

Also, the gmaps shell that you recycled plays a lot nicer with Google images than the normal mobile site, which seems to think that Pre screens are 50 cm long vertically. Can you perhaps convert this into a simple Google Images app. It'd be even cooler if you can integrate THAT with Just Type, since I've been looking something similar ever since the Keytoss patch's dev was stopped.
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    AWESOME app (shell). Full screen and no annoying (and non refreshing) "google maps needs an internet connection" message.

I deleted my hacked-up Google maps ipk...

Suggestions and requests, if you don't mind:
    - integrate a back gesture or button somehow
    - integrate just type

Also, the gmaps shell that you recycled plays a lot nicer with Google images than the normal mobile site, which seems to think that Pre screens are 50 cm long vertically. Can you perhaps convert this into a simple Google Images app. It'd be even cooler if you can integrate THAT with Just Type, since I've been looking something similar ever since the Keytoss patch's dev was stopped.
    sorry because of that f*cking redirect (from maps.google.com) is not possible to do anything more

when I have little more time, I will try new google maps api (v3)
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Weird...the redirect at "maps.google.com/maps/m" doesn't work on a Pre3, it opens the maps.google.com/maps mobile version of gmaps.

Panel, for better fullscreen compatibility with the Pre3 (there's a black bar at the bottom), can you insert

<meta name='viewport' content='height=device-height,width=device-width'>

..into the index.html and repackage?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    Weird...the redirect at &quot;maps.google.com/maps/m&quot; doesn't work on a Pre3, it opens the maps.google.com/maps mobile version of gmaps.

Panel, for better fullscreen compatibility with the Pre3 (there's a black bar at the bottom), can you insert

<meta name='viewport' content='height=device-height,width=device-width'>

..into the index.html and repackage?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    no problem, i will look at that on monday
    I can't even unzip it. I am using safari on a mac. Assuming I could, how do you use 'prewar' to install it. Any help?
    You must have preware installed and email the .ipk to yourself. That means you have to find a way to unzip it, email the file and preware will install it for you
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpingpen View Post
    You must have preware installed and email the .ipk to yourself. That means you have to find a way to unzip it, email the file and preware will install it for you
    Or you can just download to a pc, unzip and transfer the file using webosquickinstall. I like it, works nicely on my touchpad. Hope it lasts when the api goes away.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Thanks a lot. Very nice. Bing is not really usable at all. BTW, it keeps saying "your location could not be determined."?? Thanks anyways.
    Is it possible to make it fullscreen on the touchpad?
    I can scroll/pan the map with my fingers (can't do that on the web version), but I can't scroll down the list of steps for directions.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by chex_bomb; 11/21/2011 at 12:32 PM.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by chex_bomb View Post
    Is it possible to make it fullscreen on the touchpad?
    I can scroll/pan the map with my fingers (can't do that on the web version), but I can't scroll down the list of steps for directions.
    Thanks!
    with this is little problem, if is webview set that way -> you can pan/scroll with your fingers, there's no way to set to the classic browser mode
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by wwguan View Post
    Thanks a lot. Very nice. Bing is not really usable at all. BTW, it keeps saying "your location could not be determined."?? Thanks anyways.
    on my pre+, pre 2 and veer this works.
    with this is little problem, if is webview set that way -> you can pan/scroll with your fingers, there's no way to set to the classic browser mode
    Perhaps by making it display fullscreen on the touchpad, then it will mitigate the problem a bit...is it possible to make is fullscreen?
    on my pre+, pre 2 and veer this works.
    thanks a lot. i am using ATT Pre3. probably the differences between mojo and enyo frameworks? Thanks a lot anyways!
    Great work man. This is almost everything i need from a google maps "app" right now.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by chex_bomb View Post
    Perhaps by making it display fullscreen on the touchpad, then it will mitigate the problem a bit...is it possible to make is fullscreen?
    I don't know, I don't have touchpad, but I will try on simulator.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast