Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Thanks for this.
    Just one question I cannot get past. On my Pre3 when I hit the My Location icon it shows me somewhere miles (100) away - it does that in other ways into google maps too.
    On Bing (spit) it gets it correct.
    Can anyone help please?

Mike
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikecwhite View Post
    Thanks for this.
    Just one question I cannot get past. On my Pre3 when I hit the My Location icon it shows me somewhere miles (100) away - it does that in other ways into google maps too.
    On Bing (spit) it gets it correct.
    Can anyone help please?

Mike
    hmm, that's google positioning via browser (maps.google.com/m) and it depends what sends browser to google

are you connected via carrier internet connection or via wifi ?
    If you like my applications (SynoMusic, SynoDM, SynoFM) and want to donate for future upgrades and development
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    It is odd, it behaves the same if I'm connected to wifi or to my 'phone service provider's 3g network. I got the device from ebay and I think it's reporting a location that it used to be at.
    As I said, Bing gets it spot on.

Thanks
    Mike
    Works brilliantly, only two small things:

- Pre 3 a black bar appears at the bottom.
    - Personal Maps list (third button) doesn't really work, as a matter of fact most menus. When you try to scroll it highlights the text. But I don't think this is the fault of the app but Palm's API.

But with that being said, this is MUCH more useful already, and even better than the stock GMaps app. Think I should be able to survive with this complimenting the Bing Maps. I would even argue this was what the original Google Maps should have been.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    - Pre 3 a black bar appears at the bottom.
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...reen-pre3.html

Sometimes I feel like there are too many forums here.
    Thanks a lot,

Bing is a **** in my place it just has hald-done maps for India. Google was great but somehow I cant go past "Please tap here to update to the new Maps....."

I would really appreciate if you creat a standalone Gmaps app..........

5 USD donation from my side for it.

Thanks and regards,

Ashish

Quote Originally Posted by panel View Post
    Simple fullscreen webView application poited to mobile google web maps. It's not so good as original palm Google Maps app, but better than nothing.

I will try to make own google maps application with google javascript API.
    jmdesai likes this.
    Awesome app.
    Works well on my Pre3 and it is much better than I thought.
    Bing sucks in India. This app will help me a lot.
    Palm III> Visor> Visorphone> Treo 180> 270> 600> 650> 680> Centro> HTC Tilt> BB-8310> Pixi-Plus> Pre 3
    Touchpad 16GB
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...reen-pre3.html

Sometimes I feel like there are too many forums here.
    Thanks. Adjusted screen size for my Pre3.
    Palm III> Visor> Visorphone> Treo 180> 270> 600> 650> 680> Centro> HTC Tilt> BB-8310> Pixi-Plus> Pre 3
    Touchpad 16GB
  9.    #29  
    Sorry for delay :| I had lot of work to do last weeks.

I had repacked gmaps ipk with meta viewport tag for Pre3.

I'm playing around with it, maybe I will make some more fuctionality.
    If you like my applications (SynoMusic, SynoDM, SynoFM) and want to donate for future upgrades and development
    Sorry for delay :| I had lot of work to do last weeks.

I had repacked gmaps ipk with meta viewport tag for Pre3.

I'm playing around with it, maybe I will make some more fuctionality.
    I've installed it on my Veer but how it loads looks nothing like the thumbnail in the first post. Instead of that mobile version, I get the full web browser with the left 80% of the screen showing the "from/to" fields and the Google black bar at the top, and on right 20% is a wide satellite map of the US.

Any ideas?
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by briands View Post
    I've installed it on my Veer but how it loads looks nothing like the thumbnail in the first post. Instead of that mobile version, I get the full web browser with the left 80% of the screen showing the "from/to" fields and the Google black bar at the top, and on right 20% is a wide satellite map of the US.

Any ideas?
    I will try it with my veer and let you know.
    I will try it with my veer and let you know.
    Thanks.

I tried the other work around of changing the google address in the old google maps app (more or less setting it up as you do) and it showed up exactly the same way.

I can upload a screenshot if it helps.
  13.    #33  
    [EDIT]

got it working!!!!!
    No it's not necessary. I see where's the problem.

It's same to me Veer have user agent which google not recognize as mobile device.

It will not work this way on Veer any more. Only way is to make own gmaps via google maps javascript api.
    Too bad.

Dakujem!
  15.    #35  
    Too bad.

Dakujem!
    got it working, got better link to mobile version give me 10 minutes, i will update ipk in first post.

next i will make implementation into system search
    This is perfect! I've got my maps back!

Any idea how long this will work for? I read something about Google changing their maps system after Jan 1.

Looking forward to search implementation!
  17.    #37  
    This is perfect! I've got my maps back!

Any idea how long this will work for? I read something about Google changing their maps system after Jan 1.

Looking forward to search implementation!
    I think this will work till google will have mobile version of web google maps. And I think it will work for some time

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Panel, may I request that you place the ipk, instead of the zip, into the first post, so it's easier to install directly without unzipping on a computer.
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    Panel, may I request that you place the ipk, instead of the zip, into the first post, so it's easier to install directly without unzipping on a computer.
    this forum don't allow me to post .ipk file extension.

Will be better when I submit it to preware ?
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Yes. Hmmm, will I get in trouble with mods if I ask you to save with no or a false (.txt) extension, so I can rename and install? ;-)

Yup, it'l be easier in a Preware feed...or make your own feed.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast