1.    #1  
    I've started to learn about webOS development. I'd like to view and browse API Documentation on the TouchPad itself. As far as I can see there's no way to view local files on the webOS browser, so I thought it'd be nice to have Enyo Documentation packaged as an application. I tried to do that, but after starting such application on TouchPad emulator it says: Enyo API Docs To work properly in Google Chrome, use the --allow-file-access-from-files command-line switch.

As I said I know nothing about webOS development, maybe someone more experienced can make such app.
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    See Release Notes - webOS SDK 3.0.0 (Build 643)/Documentation: If using Chrome, please launch the browser with the --allow-file-access-from-files command-line switch before opening docs.html.

I think that chrome doesn't allow some operations for local files for security reasons.

You can make this switch permanent by editing a configuration file (which name I can't remember right now).
    Preł (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
  3.    #3  
    Sorry, English is not my native language, so my first post may not be clear.
    I have no problem running API documentation on my desktop using Chromium. I wanted to run API Documentation on my HP TouchPad. But it does not look to be possible, because even if I'd copy documentation to TP, I can't open local files with webOS browser.
    That's why I'm asking if someone could make Documentation in form of application. That way I could run it on my TouchPad and learn API "on the go" without having to seat in front of my desktop computer. :-)
    There is a patch available in Preware named "file URLs for Browser", I haven't tested it, but it may work for you.

Strangely, the API reference guide is an app. It read the enyo source files and generates the documentation on the fly. It's written entirely in enyo/javascript. Getting it to work on the touchpad like a native app is another matter though.